Spl2, A Question

Willjag

SPL2 Poll  

25 members have voted

1. 1. If SPL2 resulted in us not being promoted would you...

• Accept being placed in SPL2 with the financial benefits of being placed there
    • Remain in the SFL

• Members

So if SPL2 were to become a reality, would you be happy to accept that Thistle would not be promoted to SPL1 and be asked to play in a newly formed SPL2 with the financial benefits of this ( maybe with a sweetener thrown in also), or would you hope that Thistle would tell them to sod off and remain in the SFL with all the current 2nd and 3rd division Clubs?

Sorry, don't understand why we would not be promoted...

Me neither. Don't understand why a club that didn't fulfill the entry criteria were allowed to join SFL3 this season either.

The way in which the governing bodies work, anything is possible.

The problem with the SPL consisting of only 10 teams next season would be that they need an 11-1 majority for it to happen!!!!

Everyone but st mirren? Dundee would vote for it. It's concerned me since the SFL proposals fell through.

• Members

So is it a 10-14 set up then? A strange poll this one. Why would you want to play outwith the top two leagues by choice?

Who knows what setup they would want? I think that the preference of the SPL is a top league of 10 teams and they may view this as an opportunity to get back to this. I doubt they would let 3 teams drop out of their current top league, however, they may be happy enough to lose St Mirren to get where they want to be offering them and us a nice wee sum to not take up our place in the top league.

Personally, I don't see that happening and suspect that it will be a 12-12 with us in the top Division, but I just wonder if posters here when faced with the choice of sacrificing our top league place for a cash sum that's likely to clear the bulk of our remaining debt would be prepared to accept that or would rather we told the SPL to just sod off and either give us our top division place or stay with the SFL?

Who knows what setup they would want? I think that the preference of the SPL is a top league of 10 teams and they may view this as an opportunity to get back to this. I doubt they would let 3 teams drop out of their current top league, however, they may be happy enough to lose St Mirren to get where they want to be offering them and us a nice wee sum to not take up our place in the top league.

Personally, I don't see that happening and suspect that it will be a 12-12 with us in the top Division, but I just wonder if posters here when faced with the choice of sacrificing our top league place for a cash sum that's likely to clear the bulk of our remaining debt would be prepared to accept that or would rather we told the SPL to just sod off and either give us our top division place or stay with the SFL?

Sacraficing your promotion place for a big cash sum?

Removing St Mirren because they had the cheek to vote how they wanted to vote

Where's the sporting integrity in that?

You start the season hoping to win the title and get promotion so that's what your playing for and if you do it that's what should happen

No way should anything else be accepted.

SFL 1 Champions = Promotion to SPL1 and not a thrown together at the last minute SPL2

Anybody wondered why they are all so desperate to rush change through?

Why SPL chairmen suddenly started worrying about poor SFL1 clubs and the lack of money they are getting?

Stewart Milne was having fits after the new proposals never went through (15m in debt i think they are)

Has a tv contract been mentioned and what is it they are demanding to happen for them to put the money in.

The whoile truth just isn't coming out yet as i don't see what huge difference moving the same teams about under a new league name will make any difference.

And then change the promotion/relegation guidelines each season, on a case-by-case basis......

They do that already!

10000 seats.... Or maybe not.

Undersoil heating.... Perhaps

31st March deadline... Well, around that time.

Ground sharing.... Not allowed unless the 2nd Wednesday of the month falls on a number that Peter Lawwell or Stewart Milne tell Neil Doncaster they quite like!

• Like 1

Despite yesterday's weird events, there is pretty much zero chance of us not playing in SPL1 next season - this is a scaremongering poll.

Agree, there is more chance of Rangers winning the Champions League than us been denied promotion when we fulfill all the membership requirements. Whilst I understand the First Division teams wanting access to more revenue, I can't for the life of me work out how they see simply splitting from the SFL as the financial panacea they apparently see it as. Surely, if one thing is obvious it is that the SPL has proven a total disaster for Scottish football and it is better buried than kept alive,

I'm thinking of a scenario where the top SPL division would have only ten teams Colognejag.

I have not seen that proposed anywhere.

Despite yesterday's weird events, there is pretty much zero chance of us not playing in SPL1 next season - this is a scaremongering poll.

Exactly. Utter BS!

If SPL2 becomes a reality and Thistle elect to stay in the SFL, that would mean being in the 3rd tier instead of the 1st tier, or am I misreading the question ?

We are an SPL club in waiting. We would not have any choice to make, unless we're to resign from the SPL in protest, which won't happen.

Dundee are an SFL club in waiting, and are reported to have signed the letter adding their name to the resignation list should they be relegated.