Time To Join The Well, Rangers And Boycott Tannadice!

Islay jag

The time has come and gone that we must stand up to Thomson and boycott our away games, not a penny out of my pocket !,,

Couldn't disagree with boycotting games like this anymore than I already do. I'm a Partick Thistle fan and want to go watch my team, I want to go and give a few people a piece and my mind from the stalls...not naming names. Also I certainly won't be following in the footsteps of Sevco Rovers.

OTIG

• Like 1

boycott? Forget it. Are you really saying that if the first game of the season is at Tannadice you WON'T be there to cheer on your team?

Fk that.

being champs will we not be at home on the first day? Jackie will probably show up and say he done all the hard work the wee dirty scrounging arab b4stard.

Couldn't disagree with boycotting games like this anymore than I already do. I'm a Partick Thistle fan and want to go watch my team, I want to go and give a few people a piece and my mind from the stalls...not naming names. Also I certainly won't be following in the footsteps of Sevco Rovers.

OTIG

Jackie will certainly appreciate your money! I'm sure there's a few more players of ours he wants to steal.

And this has eff all to do with nuGers. Completely different reasons, just like Motherwell fans had their own motivation for not going to Tannadice. Thistle are a football team with supporters just like nuGers are a football team with supporters, so perhaps you should stop supporting Thistle, lest it looks like you're following in their footsteps a wee bit too much. Pretty sure Ibrox has floodlights too, so perhaps we shouldn't turn ours on again, in case we get mistaken for them in that regards as well.

I live in Dundee and was really looking forward to going to see my team play here next season, but I won't be giving McNamara more money to help shaft us once more. All this crap will have to be sorted before I darken Tannadice again.

• Like 2

Jackie will certainly appreciate your money! I'm sure there's a few more players of ours he wants to steal.

And this has eff all to do with nuGers. Completely different reasons, just like Motherwell fans had their own motivation for not going to Tannadice. Thistle are a football team with supporters just like nuGers are a football team with supporters, so perhaps you should stop supporting Thistle, lest it looks like you're following in their footsteps a wee bit too much. Pretty sure Ibrox has floodlights too, so perhaps we shouldn't turn ours on again, in case we get mistaken for them in that regards as well.

I live in Dundee and was really looking forward to going to see my team play here next season, but I won't be giving McNamara more money to help shaft us once more. All this crap will have to be sorted before I darken

Tannadice again.

Spot on.As I said in another thread it would be nuts to add to utd coffers and help them build their kitty for transfers or bonus payments. Someone suggested boycotting but giving the gate money to thistle. what a brilliant message to send out to Scottish football.

• Like 1

Are people seriously saying they won't go?

I can't believe that. In any circumstance,

Due to increased costs a lot of Jags fans will be struggling to attend SPL away games. If someone is intending cherrypicking away games then I can see fans striking Tannadice off their itinerary. That of course would hardly constitute a boycott. It's easy to turn what's a personal commercial decision into calling it a boycott.

Any concerted effort to organise a boycott of a match would probably require our club becoming involved and most certainly the withdrawal of all supporters buses. I cannot see that happening.

The idea that Thistle have a screening of the Tannadice game at the Aitken Suite or the Alan Rough (or both) and charge admission is a good one. That way we keep the money, and we can still watch the game. We should also put pillows in all the main stand seats, and rebrand it as an 'executive/superior stand' for their visit, and charge them about £50-£80,000 a ticket, depending on how much the die hards are willing to pay.

If it is McNamara who is liable for the compensation rather that Dundee Utd then I don't see what boycotting Tannadice will achieve. Neither do I see a point in boycotting Utd over McNamara's daft win bonus claim - it isn't Utd who are trying to shaft Thistle, it is Jackie.

Tannadice is one of the grounds I am looking forward to visiting next season - hopefully to see Thistle hump Dundee Utd.

• Like 1

At the very least we won't be contributing more money to them to help pay players and get them on pre-contracts.

Say we do really well next season, how many more players is that grasper going to come in for?

Also Tannadice is full of miserable mumping Dundonians and is pretty grim.

If it is McNamara who is liable for the compensation rather that Dundee Utd then I don't see what boycotting Tannadice will achieve. Neither do I see a point in boycotting Utd over McNamara's daft win bonus claim - it isn't Utd who are trying to shaft Thistle, it is Jackie.

McNamara accepted the liability in order to free himself from his contract, but United were always going to be responsible for paying it.

McNamara accepted the liability in order to free himself from his contract, but United were always going to be responsible for paying it.

I am not sure I understand what you mean. Is there not a difference between being freed from a contract and resigning? It had always been my understanding that Jackie resigned so that Utd would not be liable to pay the compensation which would be necessary to free him from his contract, and now Thistle are saying that Jackie is liable for it instead.

Maybe that is McNamara's point: if you say I am liable to pay compensation stipulated in a now void contract then by rights I must be entitled to the bonus payment stipulated in the same contract.

Jeezo, this is complicated. I think I have confused myself now. Nae wonder lawyers get paid so much!

Bhoycotts? We should be milking this plastic rivalry with Dundee United to increase our home and away supports, imo.

We are on the up with one of the few clubs in the SPL who will have an increased playing budget.

I totally agree that McNamara has behaved with little morality or loyalty to Thistle with his various shennanigans.

The matters outstanding will now be dealt with in the courts unless an agreement can be reached. Unfortunately any judge will not be able to bring morale indignation into his summing up. It is down to the minutae of the contracts that will resolve this issue.

Personally I will be concentrating on the football while gently winding up the DABs I know in Glasgow and keep in contact with via T'Internet.

OTIG

FTOF FTDAB

Edited by jagfox
  • Like 1

Quite shocking!

Never before have I seen that vulgar and uncalled-for acronym,

and yet I know exactly what it means.

And I like it.

:lol: I have an old Cure record you may be interested in :innocent2:

• Like 1