League Cup Draw

There were certainly plenty good guys there on this night...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7fdeYEMFjk

I know they equalised :D

Seriously that looks fantastic and would love to see them both paired up again.

Snake Mountain is what you are looking for but it's beem called Castle Greyskull by the daft dims and other teams fans for years which always makes us laugh.

Edited by billko

• Members

Longmuir must be too busy prepping for his interview today to do his job......

Highly unlikely to get the job after it emerged that he was due a £100k bonus as Clubs all over Scotland faced financial crisis. I believe the revelation that this payment was due to him was the cause of the delay in ratifying the deal last week to merge the SPL and the SFL. The SPL where the ones that nearly kicked the deal out rather than the reverse.

We enter the competition at Round 2 so Friday's draw isn't of too much interest

Interesting!

Has there been a format tweak to suit the mighty Magyars?

It's been preceding season's bottom 30 in R1 for the last few seasons.

I know what they SHOULD do.

Cut down from 5 to 4 SPL who get a bye into R3 (only 4 are in Europe anyway).

Give a bye into R2 for Thistle and Morton.

Sorts out that stupid scenario where the newly promoted SPL side has a day 1 fixture clash.

Come on JeanieD - spill, what do you know? And how do you know it? :detective:

On closer examination of the rules I think I am wrong - last year's competition was messed about by the former Rangers FC going defunct and their replacement in the bottom division by the new club (Sevco 8055 Ltd.).

As far as I can see from last year's draw Dundee were promoted (perhaps by accident?) but had to play in the 1st round (the Tuesday before the other games), Dunfermline were relegated and played in the first round, but strangely Ross County who were promoted as champions didn't play in the first round.

I am wrong but I think the SFL made it up as they went along :happy2:

On closer examination of the rules I think I am wrong - last year's competition was messed about by the former Rangers FC going defunct and their replacement in the bottom division by the new club (Sevco 8055 Ltd.).

As far as I can see from last year's draw Dundee were promoted (perhaps by accident?) but had to play in the 1st round (the Tuesday before the other games), Dunfermline were relegated and played in the first round, but strangely Ross County who were promoted as champions didn't play in the first round.

Shudder the thought!!

Didn't realise how long ago that was, remember almost bursting into tears when we scored. :fan:

Ya big wuss. Er, me too... :lol:

Nah, last year was just the same (bottom 30 in R1), with the only anomaly being that Ross County assumed the position vacated by the disgraced and deceased Rangers FC. You're quite right, a new club Sevco 8055 Ltd. were admitted at the bottom to make up the numbers. Dunfermline didn't play in the first round though. Check it out:

http://www.xscores.com/soccer/Results.jsp?sport=1&countryName=SCOTLAND&leagueName=LEAGUE+CUP&seasonName=2012%2F2013&phase1=22728&result=4

Er, regards that draw...

A poster on Pie and Bovril says "It's NOT on Friday, there is no date yet."

Coughs...

Has anybody got Neil Doncaster's mobile?

:unsure:

Has it got a sponsor. Maybe they won't play it if there is no sponsor.

Not sure what'll even happen regards the trophy seeing as the existing one is presumably engraved "Scottish Football League", an organisation which of course no longer exists.

I haven't kept up with this, but has the draw definitely been put off a couple of times or are folk guessing dates or taking dates from posts on forums.

Has it been confirmed officially that the cup is being contested post reorganisation?

H, re: the draw date, there's been no postponments, only me suggesting today due to the fact that I seen it on Pie and Bovril.

re: 3rd August date clash / Thistle in R1 / format - these are all just speculations based on last years tourney.

The only truth is that there has been not a single word published online from the SFL / SPFL. Hee-haw. Zilch. Nada.

Lenzie makes a reasonable point - is there even a tourney on?

Compare all this with the English Football League equivalent:

22 May - Press release to announce draw date, June 17th.

17 Jun - Draw takes place.

Fans forums get excited, media interest is stirred, the buzz is on...

The clubs get their dates and plans in place...

TV get time to contemplate schedules...

Friday 2nd August

Sheffield Utd v Notts County 7.45pm (Sky)

Saturday 3rd August

Burnley v Bolton 12.15pm (Sky)

Sunday 4th August

Derby County v Blackburn Rovers 4pm (Sky)

Monday 5th August

Preston v Blackpool 7.45pm (Sky)

It's about time these hospitality hob nobs got their finger oot. I used to run tighter ships with my lego football tournaments when I was 7...

• Like 1

20th July? Whit a bunch of fudpots. 10 days notice for Dundee to rearrange their fixtures and arrangements. Farcical. Although, like you say Glasgow Rangers FC were liquidated and ceased to be and there were doubts as to who would take their place, and eventually Sevco 5088 Scotland Ltd, a new club, were admitted. All the same they could surely have just called them "Club 42" for the sake of the draw.

If we are to be in the first round draw I'd presume we'd be looking at Tuesday 30th July. Not the ideal preparation for Flag Friday.

Yet still no draw date / format announcement from the SPFL...

Stay tuned to Citizen News Extra as we continue the exciting build up to The League Cup draw...

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by The Jukebox Rebel
  • Like 1

20th July? Whit a bunch of fudpots. 10 days notice for Dundee to rearrange their fixtures and arrangements. Farcical. Although, like you say Glasgow Rangers FC were liquidated and ceased to be and there were doubts as to who would take their place, and eventually Sevco 5088 Scotland Ltd were admitted. All the same they could surely have just called them "Club 42" for the sake of the draw.

If we are to be in the first round draw I'd presume we'd be looking at Tuesday 30th July. Not the ideal preparation for Flag Friday.

Yet still no draw date / format announcement from the SPFL...

Stay tuned to Citizen News Extra as we continue the exciting build up to The League Cup draw...

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Are we even sure there will be a league cup this year?? Don't remember it being mentioned in the league stay as you are reconstruction

Just be grateful Neil Doncaster is now in charge. Look at the wonderful job he did looking after 12 clubs. Now that he's taken another 30 under his wing we should be in celebratory mood, not quibbling about silly things like cup draws.

With C**kwomble in charge it probably won't be a draw but a placement of teams to ensure a Celtic Sevco final, with a Hibs Hertz at one round, and a Arabs Dons in another to keep his telly masters happy

http://progress-sc.c...-Media-Pack.pdf

Confirms the seedings and that our game will be an alternative midweek due to the league game.

We can get

Stenhousemuir

Ayr

Stranraer

East Fife

Albion Rovers

The Rangers

Peterhead

Queen's Park

Berwick

Elgin

Montrose

Stirling Albion

Annan

Clyde

or East Stirlingshire

Anyone at home or a nearby away trip since it's going to be midweek would be ideal for me.