Season Tickets

ptfc.no.1

What a miserable lot inhabit this thread!

Be honest, you are all, secretly, just a wee bit happy that something has gone wrong, because it gives you something else you can moan about.

Get out more. Go to the pub and have a pint.

It may not do you much good, but it will give your family a well-earned rest from your petty-minded whining!

There is quite a negative vein running through the site at the moment. It is such a shame after the fantastic season, and it's euphoric conclusion, that we have just enjoyed.

Why is this? Have the Jags fans simply forgotten what they have just been part of? Or have the club insisted on shifting the North Stand, missed a great marketing opportunity by not having a DVD on sale and failed to get the season ticket system ready on time?

The negativity, I'm afraid, is inevitable.

Okay fair play to the club we are now getting vouchers for the first home game by post although I don't really

understand why showing our Season Ticket would not achieve the same end,it would seem to me that perhaps

we don't have the tickets ready either.

Maybe they need to ensure that the tickets work on the electronic entry system, before sending them out ?

Yes, but that contract was over two years ago when it was drawn up.

They will have learnt their mistakes and shortcomings from way back then by now when it comes to contracts, and ensured no such catastrophic oversights ever occur again in leaving the club open to breaches in contract and not being covered properly to protect the clubs interests and finances accordingly.

I agree with you.

I'd expect a press release to follow from the club to say that the monies being spent to send out vouchers etc is covered by the penalty clauses!

In other news, I was driving along Maryhill Rd there & saw Messi & Ronaldo going into Jaconellis with Ian Maxwell.

I think people are just bored. Or spoiled.

or maybe just expecting decent standards of service and our club being run professionally, befitting of the players, supporters and our newfound top flight status?

Edited by yoda-jag

I'd imagine so, although it will no doubt be heaving with punters who have been stuffed by Royal Mail.

What's to stop ST holders (apart from honesty) saying their voucher hasn't arrived & handing it on to a mate whilst they go & collect another at the office?

I mean I'm assuming the 'voucher' doesn't have seat no. or ticket reference no. against a name as the whole thing very rushed & little or no staff in the office.

Farce.

I reckon it'll have cost around £1200. However, if yoda-jag's optimism regarding the contractual penalties is well placed we could actually end up making money out of the mess, as the mailing will have advertised the friendly to those ST holders who don't check the site very often. Howzat for a slice of positive thinking?!

Edited by Stewarty

What a miserable lot inhabit this thread!

Be honest, you are all, secretly, just a wee bit happy that something has gone wrong, because it gives you something else you can moan about.

Get out more. Go to the pub and have a pint.

It may not do you much good, but it will give your family a well-earned rest from your petty-minded whining!

The vast majority of this moaning has been entirely justified.

Surely you wouldn't expect nobody on a forum to discuss ALL things Thistle to discuss the bad things? The problem is there have been so many individual negatives that it makes it appear worse.

Got my voucher today, as did my son, also a season ticket holder. In separate envelopes, to same address, both with first class stamps. No comment needed.

Each season ticket holder gets a voucher mailed directly to them, what's wrong with that?

It seems that people are looking for something to moan about now.

Personally speaking, I couldn't give a flying f**k if the club send out vouchers using a franking machine, a stamp or a pigeon. I don't care if someone gets a voucher in the same envelope or a different one. I don't care if someone accidentally hit the wrong button on a computer when sending an email. I don't mind the ST not being in my hand yet, because I have faith in those running the club. ALL businesses make mistakes and ALL businesses have issues from time to time. I'm just glad we're in the top tier of Scottish football, we're going to get more money into the club, we (hopefully) will have a better quality of football to watch and we're going to be on the telly.

• Like 2

Wrong, I hate moaning given the nature of the office in the summer. Just seems sensible to cut costs if mailing to same address

Of course it's an unnecessary expense to send vouchers out. There will be no penalty clause. The club are losing money. The additional loss of money incurred by sending two separate vouchers to the same address will be negligible. The office staff are probably worked into the ground at the moment. Who is going to make sure that two tickets at the same address go into the same envelope? What about the occasional oversight that might be caused by this extra process? This way everybody on the list gets a voucher delivered to them.

Give it a rest.

Personally speaking, I couldn't give a flying f**k if the club send out vouchers using a franking machine, a stamp or a pigeon. I don't care if someone gets a voucher in the same envelope or a different one. I don't care if someone accidentally hit the wrong button on a computer when sending an email. I don't mind the ST not being in my hand yet, because I have faith in those running the club. ALL businesses make mistakes and ALL businesses have issues from time to time. I'm just glad we're in the top tier of Scottish football, we're going to get more money into the club, we (hopefully) will have a better quality of football to watch and we're going to be on the telly.

^^This^^