Yawn. Am I in a minority of one in that if Thistle are winning I don't really care that much about DVDs, strips, seat numbers, season cards, who sits where, letters etc. etc. ?

I don't care much about it, its just that it makes the club look like a bunch of idiots advertising 3 different prices 2 days before the game and changing their mind on the kids for free scheme. It'll be a bloody shambles when Celtic come to Firhill, the stewards probably won't be told the Celtic fans are in the North stand or something!

Oh how we patted him on the back 5 weeks ago. The man of integrity.

http://www.dailyreco...fe-says-1977542

depends on the colour of the shirt or what day it is or what way the winds blowing.

another belter from that same interview:

It was decided, after consultation with the police, that away fans of all teams would be better off out of the main stand because it’s a wooden construction.

and yet http://ptfc.co.uk/matchday/admission_prices clearly states Main Stand (Away Support) for the season.

consistently inconsistent. chaos reigns. we must look great.

depends on the colour of the shirt or what day it is or what way the winds blowing.

another belter from that same interview:

and yet http://ptfc.co.uk/matchday/admission_prices clearly states Main Stand (Away Support) for the season.

consistently inconsistent. chaos reigns. we must look great.

So is that your preferred option now Yoda. Away support in North Stand ? Who cares how we look - its about getting the right results

TC, what thistle were doing isn't allowed, we had to charge them 20.

Under SPFL rules, a good few teams charged away fans more than they did home fans last season.

As for charging U16 away fans, have to agree with this. If the offer was reciprocated at other teams to our U16s then fair enough but why should we let away U16s in for free (plus I'm sure a fair few chancers who are not U16) when our fans have to pay £x?

• Like 1

As for charging U16 away fans, have to agree with this. If the offer was reciprocated at other teams to our U16s then fair enough but why should we let away U16s in for free (plus I'm sure a fair few chancers who are not U16) when our fans have to pay £x?

Thats's a fair point.

But why take so long to come to this decision? Why make a big song and dance in the press about all U16s getting in for free, only to change our minds 48 hours before the season starts?

Utter nonsense.

Thats's a fair point.

But why take so long to come to this decision? Why make a big song and dance in the press about all U16s getting in for free, only to change our minds 48 hours before the season starts?

Utter nonsense.

No idea. Always been my opinion that away U16s should be charged, of no benefit to us whatsoever to let them in for heehaw.

So is that your preferred option now Yoda. Away support in North Stand ? Who cares how we look - its about getting the right results

how you made the jump to that Lj, i really don't know.

to clarify my opinion ..... which has never changed:

north stand should be same as last season ..... home fans in it for every game ..... no exceptions.

away support, same as last season ..... in the JHS in section that holds approx 1500 ..... for most away supports this will be maximum required. if they need more, overflow in main stand.

home advantage should be capitalised on as it was last season.

the obfuscation stemming from beatties press interviews (late april, around time of morton to dunfermline games) and more recently 5 weeks ago, to the matchday admission and information who is where and charged what on the website weeks ago, and the changes that page has undergone several times now, to the latest now 48 hours before the first home match of the season is embarrassing and does not show the club in a good light, brewery organise couldn't in a piss up comes to mind. it's just the latest in an increasing list of blunders and i can only hope that incompetance and apparent increasing unprofessionalism does not pervade its way into the playing side, if that side of things is dealt so similarily shabbily.

as you state, it's about getting the right results (on the park you are referring to obviously, but i'd also argue for getting the right results off the park too), but an unhappy or confused support who doesn't know what's going on because of constantly changing goalposts does not auger well where beattie and co have input and influence on the squad / playing side (which as custodians, they clearly do to a degree). If their haphazard organisation and ever changing minds is mirrored or replicated to any degree which affects how the squad trains, eats, travels, or is run and managed in any way whatsoever, it will affect players to some degree. just look at the admin office side of things for another example. who has overall influence/control/decision making over that?

it's almost like now we are in the "big league" they are out of their depth and can't adapt themselves or how the club is run. everything appears to be reactionary and done on the hoof.

i hope that isn't the case, but early indicators, favourable they are not.

Under SPFL rules, a good few teams charged away fans more than they did home fans last season.

I was sure it was with regards to similar views... You can't charge away fans more, when a similar view can be attained from elsewhere in the ground at a cheaper price.

With regards to u16 pricing. Why shouldn't we do it. Our bloody chairman told the daily record readership we were doing it five weeks ago.

So many things are debated about making the game better... And it's always said, it won't happen because one team needs to do it before everyone does it.

Well we had a chance to be that team. The one that breaks the mould... We were that team, up until lunchtime today.

• Like 1

Yawn. Am I in a minority of one in that if Thistle are winning I don't really care that much about DVDs, strips, seat numbers, season cards, who sits where, letters etc. etc. ?

Surely the point is that these things can lead to a loss in revenue, which will ultimately impact on whether we are successful on the park. In other words, you can't separate the club's financial health from its competitiveness on the field. They are inextricably linked.

I was sure it was with regards to similar views... You can't charge away fans more, when a similar view can be attained from elsewhere in the ground at a cheaper price.

With regards to u16 pricing. Why shouldn't we do it. Our bloody chairman told the daily record readership we were doing it five weeks ago.

So many things are debated about making the game better... And it's always said, it won't happen because one team needs to do it before everyone does it.

Well we had a chance to be that team. The one that breaks the mould... We were that team, up until lunchtime today.

St. Mirren & Kilmarnock, to name 2, have changed their pricing policy for away fans to bring it in line with what they charge home fans, the view offered is the same as last season when prices were higher for the away team.

We have been that team for however many years (4yrs?), no-one has followed our lead, Thistle can't be blamed for that.

We are still leading the way in offering our home U16 fans free entry, something I hope we do for many years to come.

St. Mirren & Kilmarnock, to name 2, have changed their pricing policy for away fans to bring it in line with what they charge home fans, the view offered is the same as last season when prices were higher for the away team.

We have been that team for however many years (4yrs?), no-one has followed our lead, Thistle can't be blamed for that.

We are still leading the way in offering our home U16 fans free entry, something I hope we do for many years to come.

The point remains tho, we were that team, that would welcome home and away kids in for free. It's been a shambles of a pre season in the office. Mixed messages coming from all angles. It's just error after error in there. You can get away with so much in the first division. But when you become a top division team, the work load increases and you need to start acting like a professional business, not a two bob outfit winging it from day to day!

Look at the north stand season tickets. Maxxy sends emails out to fans saying your seat in the NS is only reserved for all ticket games, yet you've got a lassie up at the office today being told that's not correct and you need to use the seat you are allocated for every game, by one of the staff.

Look at TAG, what the bloody hell is going on there? Big launch of a cracking idea and what have the club done with it since? F.all

Edited by potty trained
  • Like 2

Totally agree. morals, doing it the right and proper way........ remember Mr Beattie???????

This pre season has been a complete and utter shambles away from the playing side, big song and dance about U16's for free, how we were leading the way and others would follow.

Its becoming very clear very early our board will take any buck coming regardless of the impact to the club from other fans and its own, this on top of the moving our fans for the celtic game (Cash over morals) sums the way our club is headed

The point remains tho, we were that team, that would welcome home and away kids in for free. It's been a shambles of a pre season in the office. Mixed messages coming from all angles. It's just error after error in there. You can get away with so much in the first division. But when you become a top division team, the work load increases and you need to start acting like a professional business, not a two bob outfit winging it from day to day!

Look at the north stand season tickets. Maxxy sends emails out to fans saying your seat in the NS is only reserved for all ticket games, yet you've got a lassie up at the office today being told that's not correct and you need to use the seat you are allocated for every game, by one of the staff.

Look at TAG, what the bloody hell is going on there? Big launch of a cracking idea and what have the club done with it since? F.all

There club seems to have gone into administrative meltdown over the summer. Tasks are not being fulfilled, mistakes are being made and then compounded, and there has been a breakdown in communication. It's important to stress, however, that these issues appear to be manifestations of systemic failure rather than of individuals not doing their jobs properly. That is to say, those currently working in the office, battling to keep their heads above water, are not the issue here. What is clear rather, at least in my opinion, is that the current administrative structures are not fit for purpose and someone needs to get a grip of this pronto. It's clear that investment is required.

I'll probably be told that I'm being too negative and/or that we should focus more on what is happening on the pitch, but such responses are too simplistic. The bottom line is that a failure to maximise revenue streams will eventually have an adverse impact on the competitiveness of the team. It needs sorted, quickly.

In short, I agree with PT.

Edited by Stewarty

Exactly what I've said for a few weeks Stewarty, can't blame the staff...

There's too much for the team that's there. Look at advertising space. Did anyone see firhill on Saturday? There's nothing there!

Don't tell me we are in a recession cause that's a lot of rubbish.

I was at the Newcastle game the other night, st mirren have sold out all 4 sides of pitch side advertising as well as selling out another extra row on 3 sides of their pitch. They have sold out 7 sides of a football pitch in advertising space!

We have none on the JHS, 4 Joma boards on the main stand and the odd board dotted around the pitch!