Season Tickets For Friday Night

GerryJag

In the interest of fairness I must point out that I received my voucher this morning. Also for those who posted, critical of my laziness, I'd just like to point out that I've got MS and live south of the river, so actually getting to Firhill takes a lot more effort than for the average punter.

Edited by stillresigned

Just been upto the office and paid for my season ticket. As expected my seat from last season is gone, so I got one in front. However, strangely, they told me that I could pick a seat but they couldnt guarantee it as there has been a load of double bookings!!

Potential mess on the cards!!

Just been upto the office and paid for my season ticket. As expected my seat from last season is gone, so I got one in front. However, strangely, they told me that I could pick a seat but they couldnt guarantee it as there has been a load of double bookings!!

Potential mess on the cards!!

Why doesn't this surprise me, could be a few angry folk especially if the seat they believe they have kept from years is occupied with someone else who also has a ticket for that seat

Shambles

There's been double bookings?

I hope the stewards are prepared for..,

Get out my seat.

No it's my seat,

No it's mine.

No mate I booked it.

So did I...

Prove it.

I can't, you prove it.

I can't. And there's no other seats in this section so I'm having my seat...

No your not I told you it's mine.

And that's just the kids section!!!

Why doesn't this surprise me, could be a few angry folk especially if the seat they believe they have kept from years is occupied with someone else who also has a ticket for that seat

Shambles

You know what, when I heard that they were asking new ST applicants to specify a seat number, I did wonder how they were supposed to know what seats were available, given that there's no electronic seating plan. I dismissed this concern though, as the idea that the club would invite chaos in this way seemed inconceivable...

You know what, when I heard that they were asking new ST applicants to specify a seat number, I did wonder how they were supposed to know what seats were available, given that there's no electronic seating plan. I dismissed this concern though, as the idea that the club would invite chaos in this way seemed inconceivable...

Its not rocket science to do an electronic seating plan, I am assuming the club has excel???

Do the rows

Do the columns

Add a pull down so it shows the status and when sold it locks

I assume the club still has working computers or are we now working on a blackboard to save on electricity and internet too!!!!!!!

Its not rocket science to do an electronic seating plan, I am assuming the club has excel???

Do the rows

Do the columns

I assume the club still has working computers or are we now working on a blackboard to save on electricity and internet too!!!!!!!

That would be sensible...

What I saw in the office was a large plan of the JHS with some seats highlighted, a low tech solution involving colouriung in the seat when it was purchased would also have avoided double booking.

Do the rows

Do the columns

The problem here would be that a general call was put out, so they will have received a load of emails asking for the same seats. Excel wouldn't solve this (although it would be a development in the right direction), but there are a plethora of companies out there that offer online booking facilities for companies, and they do it at very reasonable rates (one I looked at costs £14 per month, but I think we would be looking for something more sophisticated). Systems such as these would enable fans (and staff) to book seats in real time, thus avoiding the mess we're in now.

The problem here would be that a general call was put out, so they will have received a load of emails asking for the same seats. Excel wouldn't solve this (although it would be a development in the right direction), but there are a plethora of companies out there that offer online booking facilities for companies, and they do it at very reasonable rates (one I looked at costs £14 per month, but I think we would be looking for something more sophisticated). Systems such as these would enable fans (and staff) to book seats in real time, thus avoiding the mess we're in now.

They could host the Excel Doc on a sharepoint allowing all staff/directors access at any one time, only certain people could have write access, the rest having read only access.

This could allow live access to see which seats are available at any given time and which ones have been reserved.

Very cheap to run very easy to educate how to use.

You could even allow access so that you could have a member of staff on a match day with an ipad, iphone, tablet, whatever, able to access the sharepoint, should any arguement ensue about who's seat it is.

again very cheap to install.

Excel would have and could have

1. load the rows and columns,
  2. Mark existing season tickets as orange, Mark the rest as Green (Available)
  3. After season ticket holders take up their seats mark them as red (Taken), change all other orange (ST Holders not taking the option in time) to Green
  4. When the emails, calls, visits start its a 1st come 1st serve basis and if its available after checking the excel sheet mark it red, if not find the closest and mark Yellow whilst waiting for feedback (Only for emailed tickets)
  5. Change Yellow to Red if acceptable, or if no response in say 3 days mark as green.
  6. Repeat steps 4 to 6 till we sell all the tickets

Dead easy

Went to Firhill today to collect my tickets for tomorrow - seemed like a busy wee office. I still haven't chosen a seat as I'll be in NS as much as possible & don't really care about the Celtic games...

Great to have the football back & the Jags in the top league! Happy days - everything will work itself out - it's ALL GOOD! :-)

• Like 1

Went to Firhill today to collect my tickets for tomorrow - seemed like a busy wee office. I still haven't chosen a seat as I'll be in NS as much as possible & don't really care about the Celtic games...

Great to have the football back & the Jags in the top league! Happy days - everything will work itself out - it's ALL GOOD! :-)

Well, clearly it's not all good if we concentrate on things off the park but as far as the football goes, yes, I'm like a wean on Christmas Eve.

A wee question for those who moan at those who moan about the goings on over the summer (not specifically directed at you, GPT). What would it take for you to concede that things are a bit shambolic at present?

Well, clearly it's not all good if we concentrate on things off the park but as far as the football goes, yes, I'm like a wean on Christmas Eve.

A wee question for those who moan at those who moan about the goings on over the summer (not specifically directed at you, GPT). What would it take for you to concede that things are a bit shambolic at present?

Haha. I wasn't moaning at the moaners! ;-)

Yeah, it's not been great, but I understand the issues we've had. It's been tough for Maxi without proper support and I guess it's just one of these things we'll learn from.

Ever since we won the league & got promoted, I've been a firm believer that we shouldn't break the bank to chase the SP(F)L dream and I think that's exactly the feeling from within the club. However, we've been caught short on a few things & as long as we can learn from it & make things smoother in the future, I'll be happy with that.

• Like 3

I think this has been the worst organised pre season in my history of supporting the club. The amount of indecisiveness, hypocrisy and lack of information has been incredible.

Has the jump from First Division to Premiership really added so much strain that our infrastructure has completely fallen apart? From what I can see season tickets are up but not to the level that should require the amount of madness that is going round. To be on the eve of the season with people unclear on where they are sitting is surely unprecedented. This electronic entry surely must require some form of seating plan, else what is the point in adding it.

I understand that some people may have left the back office but they have been able to do things like build a new dugout, do some sort of work on Main Stand, relay the pitch and replace a heap of seats. How they could have essentially failed as something as pivotal as selling season tickets boggles the mind; the club have been doing it for decades!

This also ignores the equally maddening world of U16s, the North Stand, advertising and TAG

I am genuinely buzzing about the game tomorrow and delighted with the footballing operation of the club at present; however the state of the off the field operations of the club is hugely disappointing. We should have been advertising season tickets, TAG and centenary club like crazy and and if so we could have had our most profitable close season in our history; instead it just feels like a missed opportunity that we may not get again for a number of years.

Edited by Derby Jag

They could host the Excel Doc on a sharepoint allowing all staff/directors access at any one time, only certain people could have write access, the rest having read only access.

This could allow live access to see which seats are available at any given time and which ones have been reserved.

Very cheap to run very easy to educate how to use.

You could even allow access so that you could have a member of staff on a match day with an ipad, iphone, tablet, whatever, able to access the sharepoint, should any arguement ensue about who's seat it is.

again very cheap to install.

Excel would have and could have

1. load the rows and columns,
  2. Mark existing season tickets as orange, Mark the rest as Green (Available)
  3. After season ticket holders take up their seats mark them as red (Taken), change all other orange (ST Holders not taking the option in time) to Green
  4. When the emails, calls, visits start its a 1st come 1st serve basis and if its available after checking the excel sheet mark it red, if not find the closest and mark Yellow whilst waiting for feedback (Only for emailed tickets)
  5. Change Yellow to Red if acceptable, or if no response in say 3 days mark as green.
  6. Repeat steps 4 to 6 till we sell all the tickets

Dead easy

I agree, this would work. You'd probably need to remove the email option, though, as unless you're checking them regularly you could end up with three folk having asked for the same seat. But apart from that I see no great issue.

Heard of some similar mess up at Celtics game last night. People had bought tickets on line but had to wait 45 mins to collect them. Looks like no football club can organise things properly.

There were huge queues at the ticket collection kiosks just before kick off at the Scotland v Wales game.

Difficult to know whether these things are a balls up on the part of the organisers or as a result of everyone turning up at the last minute.

Just read somewhere else that concession tickets are yellow and adult tickets are red, This would mean the ticket I received today is for my son and not for me!

I'll wait until the post has been tomorrow before I contact the club.

And the ticket I have is white witha blue strip down the rhs ....... what's that all about?