Thistle V Hearts

skipper

As much as i love the North Stand I find it strange that we are going to lose money by restricting away support numbers when there will be 3k empty seats minimum in the ground.

So you reckon not only will Hearts will bring up to 5.1k to the game and there will be less than 4700 jags supporters at the game, when we are 3rd top with potential to go top, and thats almost a 1000 less jags supporters than what took in the dundee united game?

Nonsense.

Could we make the northside of the JHS a parent & child (Family) area for away fans, should be easier to police and steward families

A very sensible suggestion.

I don't understand the logic that we should piss off Jags fans to make more money off away fans. Moving fans out of the North Stand would be the worst kind of short term thinking. How about we keep building the club until the point comes where we can fill it?

Norge's idea of a family section has merit; if we ever build a stand at the City End I'd like this to be the plan for it. I know it was previously.

So you reckon not only will Hearts will bring up to 5.1k to the game and there will be less than 4700 jags supporters at the game, when we are 3rd top with potential to go top, and thats almost a 1000 less jags supporters than what took in the dundee united game?

Nonsense.

A very sensible suggestion.

Whit? Ive no idea what your on about. All I meant was that we will never fill the north stand and the jackie husband stand for these games yet we are potentially losing money on away supports by limiting their numbers for the sake of housing fans behind the goal.

Whit? Ive no idea what your on about. All I meant was that we will never fill the north stand and the jackie husband stand for these games yet we are potentially losing money on away supports by limiting their numbers for the sake of housing fans behind the goal.

do the maths.

you said "there will be 3k empty seats minimum in the ground" on friday night, with hearts only getting main stand.

assuming hearts do sell out their 2300 main stand allocation that equates to you stating there will be less than 4700 jags supporters at the game, when we are currently 3rd top with potential to go top on friday by 9.35pm, and that is almost a 1000 less jags supporters than what took in the dundee united game.

as i said, nonsense.

if you still don't get what i'm on about :wall:

Edited by yoda-jag

Ryan Stevenson out for between 6-9 months knee damage .

It says on BBC that he will be out for only about 8 weeks - dont know if this is mentioned elsewhere.

The Jags have made a great start to the season and I have not seen anything from the Edinburgh derby to make me feel nervous about Friday evening MON THE JAGS

I wasn't at the game, so don't know how Higginbotham played, but getting what looked like 2 goals chalked off could get him a start

Been wondering about that. Archie surprised me on Saturday as I thought he'd play a slightly more defensive line up away from home than against Dundee Utd. So I wasn't expecting Higginbotham getting a start. Perhaps his starting line up at Firhill was in anticipation of McNamara playing his usual attacking starting XI. If Archie anticipates Hearts to adopt a more traditional away formation he may want to tweak the side accordingly.

I think tho' as ALL the starting eleven have been on top form he'll want to stick with them. Saying that if there's anyone carrying a knock or Bannigan warrants resting I would guess he'd adjust the side if possible to include Higginbotham.

Been wondering about that. Archie surprised me on Saturday as I thought he'd play a slightly more defensive line up away from home than against Dundee Utd. So I wasn't expecting Higginbotham getting a start. Perhaps his starting line up at Firhill was in anticipation of McNamara playing his usual attacking starting XI. If Archie anticipates Hearts to adopt a more traditional away formation he may want to tweak the side accordingly.

I think tho' as ALL the starting eleven have been on top form he'll want to stick with them. Saying that if there's anyone carrying a knock or Bannigan warrants resting I would guess he'd adjust the side if possible to include Higginbotham.

Even though Higgingbottom obviously played well when he came on, I'd keep the same starting 11. I'm sure Higgy will understand that all the lads in that team have worked extremely hard to get there and deserve to stay there.

Higgy could well be a great impact player off the bench in this game anyway, much like he was at Dingwall.

Really hope Bannigan comes through the U21 game unscathed as I would say he's our most important player just now.

Archie's very methodical in what he does, so I think guys like Higginbottom and Osbourne will need to wait. He's not going to do a McCall and disrupt a winning team just to fit in a new player. They'll be eased in.

Sounds like Craigen was excellent so would be unfair to drop him. Keep it the same until there's a drop in form or an injury.

Wild horses couldn't hold me back from going to see this game; I reckon it's going to be a cracker!

And, ...here's a line I never thought I would ever write... Hearts will really have to raise their game if think they'll have any chance of beating us.

Roll on Friday!