Thistle V Hearts

skipper

Poor lad, was he not due to be playing for Scotland too,just hope Hearts can afford his medical and re-hab

The insurance company will pay out. Hearts may even get some money to sign a replacement on loan. IIRC the SFA can give permission for u21s to be signed even though their registration ban has been extended to the New Year.

Short report from the Edinburgh derby (Sunday 11th August): 1st half largely head tennis, with a few punts up the park to no-one in particular just to keep the crowd awake. 2nd half a few odd (some very odd) passing moves, largely from Hibs, with more piggy-in-the-middle played among 3 players close to the touchline from Hearts. A few anxious dives from Hearts to ensure free kicks. Finally, a cross from Hearts with some suspicion that the Hibs defence had gone inside for a cup of tea. An explosion of happiness from the Hearts support, perhaps indicative of relief that something like football had actually happened near Gorgie Road this season.

Funnily enough, I also got the chance to look over Archie's shoulder at his notes too:

Hibs can use space when it's available, but apart from their goalkeeper they have no defence. They have a useful Irish centre-forward.

Hearts just love head tennis: they won't have enough concussion by Friday to cause them any problems, but they'll be confused by passing moves on the deck, which will be a novelty to them.

:D

Edited by Fearchar
  • Like 1

The insurance company will pay out. Hearts may even get some money to sign a replacement on loan. IIRC the SFA can give permission for u21s to be signed even though their registration ban has been extended to the New Year.

Assuming that insurance payments weren't one of the first things dropped during their cash-flow crisis.

I don't think we have anyone to worry about outwith Celtic - from what I've seen they are the only team with better players.

That said, after the Hearts game we have a few tricky games coming up (with St Mirren, Kilmarnock, Hibs the three remaining easier games off this quarter). So to get points against Hearts is quite crucial, not so much to keep ahead of them but to keep ahead of everyone else.

Outwith Inverness and Aberdeen, to a lesser extent St Jonstone, I don't see why we can't finish above the rest. Motherwell aren't great at all this year. Mc Fadden flatters to deceive and really does nothing of note in terms of final product. McManus has been awful, giving away needless penalties and free kicks - I've watched them three times so far this season and every game there has been gaps all over their defence and midfield.

However, we can't take anything for granted in the top tier and I would only hope to win games against the Edinburgh teams and St Mirren. Hibs in particular are really awful, I still think Hearts can play a bit so we need to be carefull on Friday. It's a young team full of energy and should be able to match us in those stakes but I'd hope our ability to play as a unit will be too much for their defence. Just keep the ball away from Wilson and we will find the space.

Missed this but all in favour

I must disagree. Hearts stabbed us in the back and should have been in admin before the end of the season. We wouldn't sub Sevco fans so why should we sub the Jambos who were all too happy to stuff us?

Their debts included £145k to Heriot Watt for the training ground, £90k to Edinburgh Council, £34k to the Big Hearts (!!) Community Trust and £12k to Stenny. They deserve to be liquidated.

I must disagree. Hearts stabbed us in the back and should have been in admin before the end of the season. We wouldn't sub Sevco fans so why should we sub the Jambos who were all too happy to stuff us?

Couldnt agree more. Beeling at this. Are we getting the money for the tickets off them in advance?

Edited by One t in Scotland

Their debts included £145k to Heriot Watt for the training ground, £90k to Edinburgh Council, £34k to the Big Hearts (!!) Community Trust and £12k to Stenny. They deserve to be liquidated.

When did we play "Glasgow Rangers in administration"? Who at Tynecastle at present was happy to stuff us? Tell me how it's so wrong to subsidise Hearts to the tune of a £1 then tell me it's alright to go and support my team at Hibs and/or Aberdeen, two clubs still under the control of guys who shafted us and pay them £20+ for the privilege?

When did we play "Glasgow Rangers in administration"? Who at Tynecastle at present was happy to stuff us? Tell me how it's so wrong to subsidise Hearts to the tune of a £1 then tell me it's alright to go and support my team at Hibs and/or Aberdeen, two clubs still under the control of guys who shafted us and pay them £20+ for the privilege?

The money is going to the administrators, they get paid before the players or cleaning woman does we are not subsidizing Hearts we are subsidizing BDO

Is it not going direct to the Foundation of Hearts?

Either way, quite pleased at this. We look good and it'll guarantee more away fans, so we'll probably make money from it too.

I think we are limiting the number of Hearts fans that would come through. I guess there will be no away support in the JHS for league matches ?