Fortress Firhill

QueensXkid

Big guns?

Any team that knows how to score a goal? I suppose we won't have to, if we let children cut through us like warm butter ...

I wish I could look at the positives, because we are still unbeaten. Perhaps tomorrow. But apart from some God awful Airdrie teams of the past, I don't know if I'll ever see us play a worse team in the same league as us, as Hearts tonight. I really hope at the end of the season we aren't looking back and saying, "if only we didn't drop two points at home against the poorest Heart Of Midlothian team of all time."

How did the same team score three goals last week, and not be able to buy a goal from open play at Firhill?

Edited by peagreenboy

I know that losing the lead late on is disappointing, but I'm surprised at all the negative stuff. We've only just stepped up a league, we've got a team with no previous experience at his level and we're more than holding our own. Experience will help. I thought tonight was great, and brilliant to see such an atmosphere back at Firhill. I must be happy clappy.

• Like 1

******* hell this is depressing. We outplayed a team to a degree rarely seen in the first division last season, a team who haven't lost a game yet in the league either, who had a fantastic support with them tonight and who have a player on several times what our highest earner will be on, and people still find the negatives? I don't know why some people bother to be honest.

Edited by Hopeless Unbeliever
  • Like 2

I don't mind if we can't quite manage to get there. We're playing football the right way, and causing teams problems as a result of that. Really good performance first half I thought. Faded a bit in the second, but both Baird and Higginbotham looked lively. If only Stephen O'Donnell had a good final ball! (Other than that he was excellent tonight, so can't berate him too much)

Plenty of positives to take.

• Like 1

I don't mind if we can't quite manage to get there. We're playing football the right way, and causing teams problems as a result of that. Really good performance first half I thought. Faded a bit in the second, but both Baird and Higginbotham looked lively. If only Stephen O'Donnell had a good final ball! (Other than that he was excellent tonight, so can't berate him too much)

Plenty of positives to take.

Spot on.

I got into a way of thinking last year, that we had to win every game or it was a disaster, because Morton were pretty relentless for a while. I had a word with myself on the way to the game tonight, to enjoy it and accept that in this league we'll lose games, and it won't necessarily be a disaster. And we didn't lose, we were good and I enjoyed it.

• Like 3

Some amount of knee jerk reactors on here. Still unbeaten in the SPFL, playing outstanding football, 1 of the youngest squads in the SPFL and still they complain.

Small question to all the knee jerk reactors.........Do you honestly think we should win every game this year?

This team still makes me proud to be a Jag!!!

Jeez we havent lost a league game since the 12th JANUARY and we are unbeaten in our last 21 league games!! Guess you cant keep everyone happy!!!. Turning point tonight was Welsh going off. Some of the stuff we played in the first half was sublime. My only wish now is that we can still manage to conjure up another, different type, of striker before the window shuts then the squad will be complete. Some fans need to think back only a couple of seasons ago to see the massive strides our club has made in a short period of time!

Some fans are getting too used to winning.

We were excellent for large periods of tonight - we didn't get the win but so what? We didn't lose either, 5 points from our opening three matches is respectable. We should have won tonight, considering how well we played, but we'll no doubt win a game that we don't deserve to at some point this season. It's football.

• Like 1

Some amount of knee jerk reactors on here. Still unbeaten in the SPFL, playing outstanding football, 1 of the youngest squads in the SPFL and still they complain.

Small question to all the knee jerk reactors.........Do you honestly think we should win every game this year?

This team still makes me proud to be a Jag!!!

Not one of the "knee jerk reactors". However, I do think we could beat every team in the league, including celtic and qualify for europe.

I hasten to add, I would donate my left baw to a charity of your choosing if you were to guarantee survival and consider it a successful season.

We have a very good team. They can do better. We should've beaten the jambos.

I'm always proud to be a Jag. This team gives me great hope.

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz
  • Like 1

Agree that there is too much moaning about a PTFC team that is great to watch and doing fine back at the top. However, personally I can excuse a wee bit of hand-wringing because we should have won last night (by 2 or 3 goals) and did not. We don't want to be looking back and thinking 'if only we'd beaten Hertz that night', that's all. Great night though, great atmosphere and some great Thistle moves.

We played great, we need a break in front of goal and the way we pass it will come, Hearts were only in it for a spell cause we lost patience and started playing the long ball, we are better than that at the way we move the ball will win us more than we will lose

The couple next to me would be happy for that spell. It was doing my head in the way they kept shouting "boot it up the park" whenever we were trying to pass through the opposition. I guess they must be new to Firhill and haven't seen us play this last year. Or maybe they hadn't a clue about football.

I hope we learned a lesson tonight - about composure. Composure in front of goal to take chances when you're on top of a team and composure when you have a lead to play calmly and not give a chance away to the opposition.

Thought maybe Archie will have learned too. In a tight situation like that with us scoring a late goal I thought he might have subbed Osbourne on right away to steady things in midfield. We have to remember that not only do we have a young team, we also have a really young manager. I reckon we'll see both progress as the season goes on.