St Mirren V Jags

Alan Murray

based on what I've seen so far, I think Elliott deserves a chance. I thought Craigen did well when he went back to centre mid @ Motherwell, so I'd go

Fox

O'Donnell Balatoni Muirhead Bannigan

Osbourne Craigen

Lawless Elliott Higginbotham

Doolan

Subs: Gallacher Gabriel Baird Forbes Kerr Fraser Mukendi (or Collina)

I think we will line-up like this tomorrow. If Sinclair does not make then Bannigan to left back and Forbes to come in.

Fox

O'Donnell Muirhead Balatoni Taylor-Sinclair

Osbourne Bannigan

Craigen

Lawless Higginbotham

Doolan

Bannigan is wasted if he's not central midfield. McMillan Left back

Looking forward to it. 3 first timers joining us tomorrow.

Edited by thebiglemon

Anyone want to try and make some sense of Danny's tactics board for tomorrow:

Sad to report but Danny being interviewed after their defeat on Tuesday night has begun talking about himself in the third person. Usually either the sign of someone who knows his jaiket is on yon shoogly peg or that of someone whose ego dictates illusions of grandeur. Lady Isobel Barnett believes it's the former and fears for Danny.

• Like 1

based on what I've seen so far, I think Elliott deserves a chance. I thought Craigen did well when he went back to centre mid @ Motherwell, so I'd go

Fox

O'Donnell Balatoni Muirhead Bannigan

Osbourne Craigen

Lawless Elliott Higginbotham

Doolan

Subs: Gallacher Gabriel Baird Forbes Kerr Fraser Mukendi (or Collina)

I'd go with that starting eleven but with Baird replacing Elliott in a 4-4-1-1.

I'd have Duggan and Colina on the bench rather than Mukendi and Fraser.

I'd go with that starting eleven but with Baird replacing Elliott in a 4-4-1-1.

I'd have Duggan and Colina on the bench rather than Mukendi and Fraser.

I don't think Duggan will be near the first team for a good wee while yet. Perhaps you've seen something in him to suggest otherwise. I can't see Archie ditch Fraser. In fact he's as likely to be starting as on the bench.

• Like 1

A start for Forbes, you kidding? He'll get caught out starting games to due his lack of pace/work-rate. He may make an impact coming on as a sub but starting important premiership games is beyond him, especially when we have other options available.

If Sinky is out, Bannigan to LB, Osbourne & Craigen CM, attacking mids of Higginbotham, Lawless & Elliott. Had Kerr impressed midweek he would have started but doubt he'll get a start after a poor performance against lower league opposition.

Forbes played 70 games for Motherwell.

Sad to report but Danny being interviewed after their defeat on Tuesday night has begun talking about himself in the third person. Usually either the sign of someone who knows his jaiket is on yon shoogly peg or that of someone whose ego dictates illusions of grandeur. Lady Isobel Barnett believes it's the former and fears for Danny.

Blackpool Jags finds himself in agreement with this and shares l-i-b's concerns about Danny's apparent jaiket on a shoogly peg / delusions of grandeur Situation. Quite sad if true as BJ has always held Danny in the highest regard and generally wishes him well, with the obvious exception of tomorrow and, possibly, the end of season league standings.

• Like 1

So? Totally irrelevant, that was 2/3yrs ago.

It's not entirely irrelevant as it shows he has been capable before of playing an extended run of top flight games, and is therefore one of the few players in the squad who offers us experience in that regard. Moreover the only chance he's had in the Premiership since that spell at Motherwell was a substitute appearance against the same club last Saturday, and by all accounts he impressed. Whilst I agree that he shouldn't be in the frame for a regular starting slot as of yet, you're being a little harsh in saying starting important premiership games is beyond him IMO.

It's not entirely irrelevant as it shows he has been capable before of playing an extended run of top flight games, and is therefore one of the few players in the squad who offers us experience in that regard. Moreover the only chance he's had in the Premiership since that spell at Motherwell was a substitute appearance against the same club last Saturday, and by all accounts he impressed. Whilst I agree that he shouldn't be in the frame for a regular starting slot as of yet, you're being a little harsh in saying starting important premiership games is beyond him IMO.

I agree with this. I said in the Cowdenbeath thread, I though Forbes had a good game. He kept the ball well and despite his (by his own high standards) below par delivery from set pieces, he was also extremely composed on the ball. Also, give him half an inch of space in the final third and he will have a dig. If he's getting games i believe he'll score goals this season.

In Welsh's absence he deserves a start IMO.

• Like 1

I agree with this. I said in the Cowdenbeath thread, I though Forbes had a good game. He kept the ball well and despite his (by his own high standards) below par delivery from set pieces, he was also extremely composed on the ball. Also, give him half an inch of space in the final third and he will have a dig. If he's getting games i believe he'll score goals this season.

In Welsh's absence he deserves a start IMO.

Can't agree. He drifts in and out of games. Hides out on the wing. Doesn't move for the ball & instead waits for it to come to him.

Unless there's a number of midfield injuries I think Forbes opportunities this season will be like Elliot- namely super sub.

Forbes is a difficult one. On his game probably one of the best players we have. Sadly his tracking back and the fact by 70 mins he seems either knackered or just can't be bother.

In saying that I would still be tempted to play him today, we need a bit of flair in the early part to break st mirren down and hopefully get a goal or 2 and I think he can provide that. If he lasts 70 mins then fair enough but we need a cutting edge and he can provide that.

So? Totally irrelevant, that was 2/3yrs ago.

Is it relevant to your point saying he is not up to this standard. Forbes lack of pace is an issue but he has an excellent range of passing and experience at this level.

Craigen i feel is also capable of playing a more defensive role but if Archie goes with him then I think Baird will come in at the expense of Elliott. Christie really has only made an impact of the bench and playing behind a striker will get the best out of Baird. Really hope he gets a goal today – give him a confidence boost.

Edited by Alan Murray

Is it relevant to your point saying he is not up to this standard. Forbes lack of pace is an issue but he has an excellent range of passing and experience at this level.

I never said he wasn't up to standard, I said while we have other (better) options available, he shouldn't be starting games. His perfomance midweek was his chance to say 'pick me' & he failed to do that, as did Kerr.

Really hope our forwards step up to the plate this afternoon, if they do I foresee no reason why we won't win or at the absolute worst get a point. The latter result would hardly be a disaster for us but it would be for Danny Lennon. Albeit we've got a couple of notable absences, but Archie has surely got enough in his pack to put out a team to get a result in Paisley. We'll need to start well and not give away an early goal, the latter seems obvious, but you see it at every level of football and rarely do sides recover from an early loss of impetus. This is particularly true in this league when with the exception of Celtic (sometimes), every team is capable on their day of beating everyone else. Funny that, that's what they used to say about the old non-Sevco First Division, surely that doesn't mean that we've been fibbed to with all the talk of this brave new SPFL world, sorry I digress. To cut through all the crap, what I'm trying to say is that I'm hopeful of seeing my very first league victory in Paisley, have seen plenty of defeats.