What Are Our Players Worth

Auld Yin

In the current market and also how they are performing, how much are our players worth. The reason for this question is, in the summer Tidser went for £50k, Scougal £100k Livingston excepted, think Bolton offered Hamilton about £50k for Fraser and we had a really cheeky bid for Lawless of £50k.

Surely most of our players will have at least £100k on their heads? So being realistic how much are our players worth....

Fox

O'Donnell

Sinclair

Conrad

Muirhead

Welsh

Craigen

Bannigan

Doolan

Forbes

Lawless

Elliott

McMillan

Baird

Osbourne

Kerr

Higginbotham

In the current market and also how they are performing, how much are our players worth. The reason for this question is, in the summer Tidser went for £50k, Scougal £100k Livingston excepted, think Bolton offered Hamilton about £50k for Fraser and we had a really cheeky bid for Lawless of £50k.

Surely most of our players will have at least £100k on their heads? So being realistic how much are our players worth....

Fox

O'Donnell

Sinclair

Conrad

Muirhead

Welsh

Craigen

Bannigan

Doolan

Forbes

Lawless

Elliott

McMillan

Baird

Osbourne

Kerr

Higginbotham

We'll find out when FIFA14 comes out

Here's my thoughts;

Fox - 100k

O'Donnell - 200k

Sinclair - 200k

Conrad - 100k

Muirhead - 300k

Welsh - 100k

Craigen - 100k

Bannigan - 300k

Doolan - 100k

Forbes - 50k

Lawless - 50k (unless he signs a 2 year contract, 200k)

Elliott - 0

McMillan - 50k

Baird - 0

Osbourne - 100k

Kerr - 0

Higginbotham - 150k

This will change monthly based on team performance. Unless one of those players notches 20 + goals this season, I can't see us getting any more than the above figures if we remain top six. Muirhead, the full backs and Bannigan are potential future internationalists, in my eyes.

Edited by brodieboy
  • Like 1

I'd have thought given what happened at the start of the week that we wouldn't quibble over a selling price if the player was keen to move. Rather than stand in the way of a move accept a lower figure and increase any sell on percentage and/or appearance threshold sum.

We're currently not over dependent, if indeed dependent at all, on being a selling club. We don't desperately need cash upfront so the best way for both player and us is to add riders into a sale. That in turn makes our club more attractive to young potential.

They're only worth what someone is willing to pay and unfortunately they are Scottish and Thistle players so we won't get what they are worth but only what the club is willing to sell them for.

Sums it up perfectly.

Consider how many players from non-ugly sisters clubs have gone for any great sums over the last 5 - 10 years.

There aren't many that stick out.

I think realistically we would sell anyone in the region of 100k. I also think that we are marketing ourselves at being a place for young talented players to show off their abilities and as such we would not stand in the way of a player having the opportunity of a big move... It's a good thing in my opinion and we would become very attractive to similar younger player who become available