Firhill

The Cup

Beattie has lead the club in a great direction with taking us back to the top flight, good consecutive managerial appointments, good signings and reducing the debt.

I'd like him to start dealing with the bing next and if we can stay in the Premiership for a few years getting a stand there.

Kilmarnock fans have been moaning about the state of the main stand which means all away supports have now complained about it.

Not that it really matters what away fans think but it could stop them returning next time which will mean the club misses out on money.

It's also a fecking eyesore.

Kilmarnock fans have been moaning about the state of the main stand which means all away supports have now complained about it.

Not that it really matters what away fans think but it could stop them returning next time which will mean the club misses out on money.

I agree with especially the second half of the highlighted statement. There have been a good few times that I have decided to miss away games when the deciding factor has been the away end of grounds. Cappielow is a prime example.

• Like 1

I might be wrong, which would render the rest of this post incorrect, but I'm sure I read the new spfl rules do not prohibit standing areas in the top division. Something about needing "500 covered places" rings a bell.

If so, and if we had the money, which I'm fairly sure we don't, then a wee terracing behind the City end goal would be ideal. Is it a priority at the moment with the crowds we're getting? Nah.

I'm amazed that the main stand has been passed as habitable given the sanitation issues.

I'm on the other side of the fence on this one. We're hopefully being well led back into black with regards to our finances. Why undo all the hard work by spending hundreds of thousands on a new stand which might sit unused 75% of the time? What grounds have you been to where the club have built a new stand primarily for aesthetic reasons? To me, that would be self-destruction.

In hindsight, we'd have been better sticking the 400 or so Killie supporters in the JH yesterday. The crowd of 4300 wasn't really hard to predict after the sharp decline in attendances since the DU game together with last week's result. Apart from bigger games next season, I doubt we'll continue to use the Main Stand next season. Looking at the remaining league fixtures and taking into account some end of season crunch games, I don't think we'll see more than 5000 again other than when Aberdeen, Hearts, Celtic and St.Mirren come to visit.

We do not need more than the 8000 modern, 2000 old seats we already have.

• Like 1

It's also a fecking eyesore.

Aye it's a disgrace the way we frittered away the millions banked while in Division 1 / 2 rather than improving a stand that was never used.

Rugby Park must have been rocking last week when filled to less than 20% capacity.

Edited by One t in Scotland

Aye it's a disgrace the way we frittered away the millions banked while in Division 1 / 2 rather than improving a stand that was never used.

Rugby Park must have been rocking last week when filled to less than 20% capacity.

We should have at least installed wash hand basins in the toilets, surely that would make more sense than tartan rugs for the directors box

The North and Main stands will only be peppered with fans for most of the season, as they were yesterday, so I don't see the need in erecting a new stand, even a small one. I like the idea of maximising on the advertising potential of the space. There's one big banner for McCrea Financial Services, why can't there be about 10 advertising boards there?

We should have at least installed wash hand basins in the toilets, surely that would make more sense than tartan rugs for the directors box

I've not been in the stand this season so I can't confirm the state of the toilets. However maybe these away fans should consider that if the clubs they support hadn't conspired a virtual closed shop for years in an attempt to strangle Division 1 clubs to death we could maybe provide the luxurious WCs they appear to crave.

• Like 1

Calm down dear.

My point was as the main stand isn't fit for purpose if we are in the Premiership for a few seasons we could think about doing something about the bing.

I wouldn't want it done if it was going to cause any financials problems though.

Good points from The Cup and Scotty re the Main Stand. Away crowds second time around are more fickle and if there's nothing much riding on the game folk will be more choosy and things like comfort, visibility, and sanitation become more prominent in making up your mind which grounds to visit. I've been going to all away games games of late but for a year or so all our away games have been important matches. If nothing at stake I wouldn't go to Cappielow or Dens Pk partly out of principle but mostly because they treat you like shit while their own fans are clearly treated better.

Not sure what can and can't be done to the Main Stand but I would suggest not having wash hand basins is a basic. The entry price for away fans should either be lowered to reflect poorer facilities or if possible brought up to a similar standard and quality elsewhere in the ground. The catering tho' can remain as it is. Just as pathetic and miserable as we're offered.

I dont know if this has ever been suggested before, but how about erecting a large scoreboard on the bing, and get it sponsored by a few companies/businesses? We had a small scoreboard a few years ago, but that belonged to the Warriors, and I was thinking of something bigger. A large scoreboard and match timer, with a section which could switch between showing the latest scores in Scotland and scrolling advertisements, similar to the digital advertising boards we get when we are on live TV. I dont know how much it would cost to set up, but surely it would make a decent profit for the club by providing more advertising and sponsorship opportunities?

• Like 1

I've not been in the stand this season so I can't confirm the state of the toilets. However maybe these away fans should consider that if the clubs they support hadn't conspired a virtual closed shop for years in an attempt to strangle Division 1 clubs to death we could maybe provide the luxurious WCs they appear to crave.

Basic handwashing facilities is hardly luxureous, if it had been a pub or a club it wouldn't be allowed to be open without having sinks in the bathrooms