North Stand Demonstration

potty trained

PT as i posted...i don't have the time or inclination just now to read the whole thread however rest assured there are other posts of a similiar vein to the two i highlighted.....just for you i'll find another one tomorrow.

But you do have the time and inclination to make sweeping generalisations. I understand.

It's unworkable because who's to say there aren't a whole number of people who would like to bring a friend to this game and would want to change their seating arrangements. Do they just rip up the season ticket allocation for this game and make it a free for all?? That would go down well.

There are plenty of home fans who are not alienated by this decision.....there are however quite a few who may feel alienated by a group of fans who have repeatedly throughout this thread claimed to be the most positive and, by implication, better than many other fans who either don't feel such an attachment to the North Stand or are happy to sit elsewhere in the stadium. I've sang at the football, i've shouted encouragement, i've supported the team.....i just happen to do it elsewhere in the ground.

C’mon, this is a clear chip on the old shoulder, and was posted as soon as I put up my opinion.

Nobody is saying that North Stand fans are “better.” This is complete nonsense, and runs parallel to the arguments over the last few seasons that season ticket holders are “better fans” etc.

What can be stated without question, is that fans in the North Stand generate more encouragement and atmosphere than anywhere else in the ground. No question. So when these fans who have been paramount to the brilliant atmosphere at home games are: 1) Put in an old Main Stand with a restricted view, or 2) Put in the JHS were it’s very difficult to generate an atmosphere, they are entitled to feel aggrieved.

• Like 1

It's unworkable because who's to say there aren't a whole number of people who would like to bring a friend to this game and would want to change their seating arrangements. Do they just rip up the season ticket allocation for this game and make it a free for all?? That would go down well.

He's being told he has to move out his season ticket seat by the club. Do you not think the club could be courteous enough to put him in a seat that's suitable?

Why should I have to pay extra to sit next to my dad?

Haven't been told to move out of my seat, but at this rate, I'll be forced to sit on my tod or pay 25 quid extra. The money doesn't bother me, I don't like being conned and treated like a mug though. The club will be grovelling up my arse though to renew my season ticket the next time we're in the 1st division. They did that year after year when I had to chuck my season ticket the last time by sending me constant letters and e-mails.

a smoke bomb isn't likely to start any fires, as they don't produce a flame, whereas a flare does, and depending on type can burn at over a thousand degrees. that's a fire hazard.

In which case, assuming the Old Firm can be lumped together as one and the same in terms of away supports posing the highest risk of setting off a flare at the game, why were Rangers fans placed in the main stand when we played them just a few short years ago in the cup? Clearly it wasn't that much of a fire hazard then, so why now?

Haven't been told to move out of my seat, but at this rate, I'll be forced to sit on my tod or pay 25 quid extra. The money doesn't bother me, I don't like being conned and treated like a mug though. The club will be grovelling up my arse though to renew my season ticket the next time we're in the 1st division. They did that year after year when I had to chuck my season ticket the last time by sending me constant letters and e-mails.

When you selected your seat, you could have picked one that wasn't surrounded by other ST. I am pretty sure that Thistle won't sell out, so you probably could find a couple of seats together with your dad. Another suggestion, I suppose is that you could change your ST seat, that will cost you a fiver, to where there is a couple of spare seats ?

I understand people that don't care about people being moved from the North Stand. I don't understand people who are making awful attempts to support the club on this.

The reasons why people are so pissed off were posted countless times over the summer.

Think how you would feel if your seat on the half way line in the JHS was given to Celtic fans and you were moved in the North Stand. No, it's not the end of the world, but it would be bloody anooying and you would be moaning about it on the forum. And no matter how many times people uneffected say "it's only a seat", "it's only for one game", you'd still be pissed off.

• Like 2

Spot on Uberteeb. I initially had the Celtic game as one not to miss - the chance to fill Firhill, get a good atmosphere going and the slight chance of getting a result was enough to have me excited. However as soon as our board caved to pressure to accommodate fans deemed too troublesome/stupid to sit in the Main Stand - where the away fans of every other club are trusted to sit - not to mention the stupid rationale that they can't be 'surrounded' - just like every other teams fans are at Parkhead - pissed me off enough that I chose this game to 'miss' to get brownie points with the wife by attending some Christmas craft fair nonsense at the SECC. And I don't regret it - I have no wish to attend a game and see those jackey ******** singing their songs in our North Stand. I probably won't even make any effort to juggle the day around so I can watch it on Sky.

Our current Board have done a lot of good for the club and I really appreciate them. This, however, is a total and utter **** up - how anyone can disagree simply because it doesn't affect them is beyond me. FTOF? Nah, not really - roll out the red carpet and make sure they're happy with our efforts to accommodate them. We're back in the top league five minutes and already we're bending over. I genuinely thought we stood for something better than this.

• Like 6

Spot on Uberteeb. I initially had the Celtic game as one not to miss - the chance to fill Firhill, get a good atmosphere going and the slight chance of getting a result was enough to have me excited. However as soon as our board caved to pressure to accommodate fans deemed too troublesome/stupid to sit in the Main Stand - where the away fans of every other club are trusted to sit - not to mention the stupid rationale that they can't be 'surrounded' - just like every other teams fans are at Parkhead - pissed me off enough that I chose this game to 'miss' to get brownie points with the wife by attending some Christmas craft fair nonsense at the SECC. And I don't regret it - I have no wish to attend a game and see those jackey ******** singing their songs in our North Stand. I probably won't even make any effort to juggle the day around so I can watch it on Sky.

Our current Board have done a lot of good for the club and I really appreciate them. This, however, is a total and utter **** up - how anyone can disagree simply because it doesn't affect them is beyond me. FTOF? Nah, not really - roll out the red carpet and make sure they're happy with our efforts to accommodate them. We're back in the top league five minutes and already we're bending over. I genuinely thought we stood for something better than this.

Absolutely spot on! :thumbsup:

When asked previously about ST holders moving from the JHS to the north stand you said: I intend to.

You also said in July last year...

i plan on moving over, but i doubt it'll be in place on saturday, as the club will want to make as many seats available to visiting (read: Celtic) fans as possible.

QFT eh?

i have sat in the north stand occasionally, but mainly i sit with my pals in the JH who don't want to move over.

Agree with this - it is the craven capitulation that goes against the grain. I posted at the time that Mr Beattie seemed to be apologising to Celtic fans for any suggestion that we were even thinking of banning them rather than making the point that Thistle fans were being moved because Celtic Supporters can't be trusted not to set our stand on fire.

The last time we were in the Premier League, the Board made a big point of not raising our ticket prices for Old Firm matches. That worked out well for us. We were voted out of the League after spending money to meet the 10,000 seat stadium requirement which was only really needed for Old Firm fans.

The last time we were in the Premier League, the Board made a big point of not raising our ticket prices for Old Firm matches. That worked out well for us. We were voted out of the League after spending money to meet the 10,000 seat stadium requirement which was only really needed for Old Firm fans.

:no: