Novo Signs On

thornwoodjag

Really surprised at the narrow minds of some people on here, comments such as "I would boo every time he touched the ball" have no place at Firhill.

Many players over the years have annoyed us immensely, however if they come and play for us and at the same time solve a scoring problem, then surely as good human beings we would forgive previous antics.

Take a look at yourselves and what you are actually posting!!!

I wonder if Morton are paying the 3k a week he was demanding from teams at the start of the season!

I sincerely hope they are paying him at that level. It's a win-win situation as far as I can see.

1st, it'll keep the odious little spunk bubble as far away from Firhill as possible.

2nd, it'll hasten Morton's long overdue "insolvency event".

I hope they're paying him more actually.

Really surprised at the narrow minds of some people on here, comments such as "I would boo every time he touched the ball" have no place at Firhill.

Many players over the years have annoyed us immensely, however if they come and play for us and at the same time solve a scoring problem, then surely as good human beings we would forgive previous antics.

Think you're the one who needs to take a look at yourself here.

There are many players that have been booed by Jags fans but would be welcomed. Novo is not one of those though. He's a total and utter scumbag and not a player that should be anywhere near the young and impressionable guys in our dressing room.

So signing a player no matter his history purely for the one simple reason that the player in question could do a job for us is being broad minded?

You really shouldn't ever make such a sanctimonious suggestion that fellow Jags fans are "narrow minded" in the first place. You're either at the wind up (hopefully) or it's you that needs to have a good look at yourself.

• Like 2

Was that the game where big Kevin Gaughan (pardon the spelling) had him by the throat for diving? Don't think I've ever seen an angrier player!

I think it might be, but I was living in Lodon and was up for sisters wedding in Glenrothes on the Friday night and we jyst by total accident happened to be playing at Starks Park on the Daturday and to be totally fair I didn't recognise half the team at the time. Afraid, we were pretty rank at the time and I was not going to spend money flying up here to watch rubbish. However, Novo, struck me right away as a really excreble character. Remember the Post even commented on his antics/

I think it might be, but I was living in Lodon and was up for sisters wedding in Glenrothes on the Friday night and we jyst by total accident happened to be playing at Starks Park on the Daturday and to be totally fair I didn't recognise half the team at the time. Afraid, we were pretty rank at the time and I was not going to spend money flying up here to watch rubbish. However, Novo, struck me right away as a really excreble character. Remember the Post even commented on his antics/

That was Keith Wright (another bell end) that Gaughan had by the throat.

Novo got sent off, long after he should have, in his first game for Raith against us, he swung a boot at Hardie while lying on the ground.

That was Keith Wright (another bell end) that Gaughan had by the throat.

Novo got sent off, long after he should have, in his first game for Raith against us, he swung a boot at Hardie while lying on the ground.

Have to admit that my memories of this game are filtered through one God awful hangover :) , nonetheless, I distinctly remember Novo's diving and all round nastiness. It was no surprise to me that he proved so popular for the Hordes of Mordor, a marriage made in Hell!

So signing a player no matter his history purely for the one simple reason that the player in question could do a job for us is being broad minded?

You really shouldn't ever make such a sanctimonious suggestion that fellow Jags fans are "narrow minded" in the first place. You're either at the wind up (hopefully) or it's you that needs to have a good look at yourself.

Completely agree - Novo is a despicable little runt(that may be a typing error) who I never want to see play for Thistle. I remember Scott Patterson, who was a cool dude, standing over him and jabbing his finger at Novo as he rolled about feigning injury in his Raith days. Not to mention that Dundee game when after stamping on Ian Ross he then went on to celebrate his goal, which was probably offside but effectively relegated us, by running the entire length of the JHS. I've never been so angry at a game.

He wasn't offside for his goal, but Stevie Milne was about six yards offside when he received the ball at the Main Stand side before crossing for Novo to score. So it should never have stood. The rest of your post is spot on - not to mention the stonewall penalty for a trip on Grady in the box - it was only made worse by Sportscene showing it over and over again that night - ref ten meters away with a clear view and no idea how it wasn't given.

That game still winds me up even now. And Novo is a wee **** - genuinely can't think of any other player remotely in the same league at him in my hatred.

• Like 1

The people who are advocating the signing of Novo obviously have no respect for Partick Thistle in any shape or form.

Novo ended the career of David McCallum. I honestly thought McCallum had a massive future in the game, he was one of the top performers in our 2nd division winning team and looked all set to carry on from where he left off until Novo ended his career with a disgraceful challenge.

Everything else has been pretty well covered already.

I'm just glad that we have a manager who would never even entertain the idea of signing this guy.

I'll be surprised if he plays 10 games for Morton.

• Like 6