Celtic Away End Sold Out.

king of spain

Is there any way you can stop Celtic supporters from purchasing home end tickets ?

I suppose the size of Celtic in comparison to us is similar in a way to the size of us to Dumbarton. I know of more than a few Jags fans that bought tickets for the Dumbarton end. If I recall correctly at Dumbarton the home end tickets were put on sale a good bit earlier than away tickets presumably to make it far more likely that any home fan would get a ticket.

Surely our home tickets should've been put on sale days prior to sticking away tickets on sale. Plus even if there is a 5% loss by passing tickets to Celtic to sell that can easily be absorbed within the £5 levy.

I suppose the size of Celtic in comparison to us is similar in a way to the size of us to Dumbarton. I know of more than a few Jags fans that bought tickets for the Dumbarton end. If I recall correctly at Dumbarton the home end tickets were put on sale a good bit earlier than away tickets presumably to make it far more likely that any home fan would get a ticket.

Surely our home tickets should've been put on sale days prior to sticking away tickets on sale. Plus even if there is a 5% loss by passing tickets to Celtic to sell that can easily be absorbed within the £5 levy.

Lib, neither of those would prevent Celtic supporters, who aren't in any of their supporters federations, buying tickets for the home end

They could have sold them to season ticket holders first... Show your season ticket and buy your mates tickets...

They could have sold them at the last two thistle home games.

Whilst not preventing Celtic fans getting tickets, it would massively reduce them getting home end tickets.

They could have given Celtic all the away tickets to sell.

With the above two options you sell the tickets by blocks. Leading up to the north end of the JHS where the Celtic fans will be.

That means when the general sale on a weekday comes about it's only a block or two beside the away JHS section, that the stewards would have to focus on.

As it is, the stewards need to focus in the whole of the main and JH stands for potential trouble.

Edited by potty trained

Lib, neither of those would prevent Celtic supporters, who aren't in any of their supporters federations, buying tickets for the home end

Sell our tickets at the last two home games. Tell fans to retain their entry docket and only sell tickets to folk when they produce a docket. Limit sales to maybe three or four per docket. A season ticket holder could buy two or three tickets for mates perhaps. Just suggestions

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

If we sold tickets online (or sold them in advance and got them to fill in a form) we would have a database of people who have attended Jags games.

You could 'reward ST holders' by allowing them to buy say 2 additional tickets for the home end.

I've seen some clubs only sell tickets to people in certain postcodes but that wouldn't work given we are in the same city.

You could ask people to retain stubs from any of the previous home games this season to be handed over when buying Celtic tickets.

You could sell them to Celtic and they can whack on a booking fee to adminster the selling of tickets to those on their own database.

You could just put them on sale to anyone, in fact you could advertise 'Home Tickets Left Only' on the door so they don't even need to enquire about away tickets and be told 'naw' meaning they can't change their mind and ask for home ones.

You could just put them on sale to anyone, in fact you could advertise 'Home Tickets Left Only' on the door so they don't even need to enquire about away tickets and be told 'naw' meaning they can't change their mind and ask for home ones.

Mate, thats a silly idea, doing that would leave it open to anyone to buy tickets for the Thistle home end!

You could have Rangers casuals buying tickets and mascarding as Thistle fans intent on causing trouble on the day.

There's no way the club would be so fckin stu......

Oh wait a minute!

The Club still taking phone orders for tickets... for the JHS or the Main Stand.

So now we are selling Main Stand tickets to anyone who wants one.... now i'm sure there's an issue with that "wooden stand", not sure what it is, something about us being granted a safety certificate on the basis that celtic fans can't use it.

But we are selling main Stand tickets to anyone who wants one, over the phone!

Things could really kick off if there are lots of Celtic fans in the home end, particularly the Main Stand...

1. It's an OF team.

2. Everyone in the Main Stand is already narked off for being moved out the North Stand.

3. They are likely to beat us.

Remember the reaction in the DeadCo League Cup game when some of their lot were celebrating in hospitality right next to our 'boisterous section'.

The Club still taking phone orders for tickets... for the JHS or the Main Stand.

So now we are selling Main Stand tickets to anyone who wants one.... now i'm sure there's an issue with that "wooden stand", not sure what it is, something about us being granted a safety certificate on the basis that celtic fans can't use it.

But we are selling main Stand tickets to anyone who wants one, over the phone!

And are the "Green Brigade" not having diffuculty from their own club getting tickets to away games?

No difficulty here just walk up and ask for loads of seats in the main stand

Things could really kick off if there are lots of Celtic fans in the home end, particularly the Main Stand...

1. It's an OF team.

2. Everyone in the Main Stand is already narked off for being moved out the North Stand.

3. They are likely to beat us.

Remember the reaction in the DeadCo League Cup game when some of their lot were celebrating in hospitality right next to our 'boisterous section'.

I don't think you can compare, to assume how this game will pan out... different generation, different mentality, different set of circumstances.

specifically as stated above by Uberteeb.

Really? So the Thistle fans are going to "kick off" then? Has it been so long since we got humped off an Old Firm team that we won't be able to sit near someone who might be a Celtic fan without getting violent?

Was there a lot of violent Thistle fans outside Firhill after we got thrashed by Aberdeen? I was having a nice wee chat with a couple of Dons fans about the proximity of Pittodrie to the train station, and didn't see any. But maybe there was.

Quadruply glad I'm not going now, I don't want to be shamed by Thistle fans "kicking off".

Edited by peagreenboy
  • Like 1

Calm down dears.

I think we are fixed upon this issue. It is not uncommon to have both sets of fans in the same areas.

Here is Germany, they even wear away colours in the home end. It is only in the "ultras" area, where it actually says on the ticket that away fans are not welcome.

Bleed them for as much money as we can... if they behave like twats, kick them out.

Edited by Colognejag
  • Like 1