Butters

Will there be a problem with standing? If memory serves, did a small vocal section of the Hibs support not get to stand at the last game? After they scored it certainly looked as if they were bouncing; and not with ar*e* planted firmly on seats! Or will the stewards be instructed to calm the natives?

I'm hoping it's ok to stand,think there was a discussion going on about it being like the NS! Although if your standing near the back,you may need to crouch down to see under the roof!

The most disappointing thing about this whole thing is that Jags fans are arguing with other Jags fans about this. Easily avoided and I hope it isn't repeated the next time the Club want to move the fans in the North Stand.

Most Jags fans want to see progress at the Club and we need cash to do this. If moving fans occassionally is the result, I think the majority would accept this.

Admit it, Will, you just wanted to make the 100th post. :)

Again, everyone is still completely missing the point.

"I don't mind moving if the club makes £50k". That isn't the reason being given by the board! It never has been, and in the ET article this week, he's still going with the original reason.

So why are so many people on here going on about the extra income? Where's the evidence for that? It hasn't been mentioned once by Beattie or anyone else at the club. Seems to me that people have plucked this £50k out of thin air, and are basically just accepting that Beattie is not being truthful about the real reasons behind the decision.

Also, quite funny how people are twisting my posts. I said that the board showed no desire to win the game, not the players. But, could moving the fans have an effect on the players? Well, it would be logical to assume that it could. I'm basing this assumption on the comments by the players themselves about what a difference the north stand has made to them. This has also been remarked upon by Archie, Shaggy and even McNamara before he left! So it's universally accepted that the North Stand has a positive effect on the players. Removing jags fans from the NS means that this positive effect is taken away from the players when they need it most.

I never for one minute said that the players didn't have a desire to win the game. The fact that some of you are making out that I did, when the post is still there for all to see, is laughable and shows how weak your argument is.

• Like 3

If they do it for this game, it's pretty safe to say they will try and do it again for the game in March. Should we draw Rangers in the cup, I'd imagine it will happen then as well.

not specific enough. how is something hypothetically happening twice, five months apart 'continuously'?

Correct me if im wrong. We are getting the main stand and also the majority of the Jackie husband an the tims are getting the North Shed an a small section of the Jackie. If this is the case then Mr Beattie certainly hasnt sold out to the celtic as we will still fill the majority of the ground. im a regular in the north stand because its night an day compared with the boring sittin down an the moanin ye get in the Jackie. initially i felt aggrieved about gettin moved as i believed we were giving celtic the main, the north stand and the jackie but if there only gettin that small allocation then thats fair enough. were keepin firhill red an yella an thats wit matters most. so its time to stop greetin, an the moanin in the Jackie an turn the full stadium into the 'singing section'. Mon eh Jags

Mr Beattie says:

"It is a duty of care. We were advised there was a potential issue and we had to take that on board... if we are advised by a safety team, we have to listen.... safety has to come first... We were advised to take this course of action by the safety team and we have followed through with that and made the decision. We would be foolish as a board of directors if we didn't do that... The safety and well-being of everyone inside Firhill is of paramount importance... If we were given the same advice for any other games, we would do the same thing."

Who is on this Safety Team, what communication has there been since the safety certificate was issued and other incidents have taken place with other opposition fans at games this season?

Does the club's Duty of Care to everyone in the ground at every game rely soully on what this Safety Team say or can the club use common sense to decide for themselves that extra measures be taken?

if an incident occurs with flares at a non Celtic home game and someone gets seriously hurt, do the club come out and say, i know we said safety is our first priority but our Duty of Care policy doesn't come into it, the safety team told us those fans were fine back in June, even tho' they've let off flares since.

At what point do our board of Directors sit before a game and think, ok, these fans let off flares the other week, should we contact the safety team, we've got a duty of care to everyone in the ground. Maybe we should move them for their own safety? na... the safety team said it's ok back in June.

Safety comes first, afterall.

At what point do our club decide that safety is no longer the priority? when the away section sells out?

Unfortunately the above quote was taken from an "interview" by Chris Jack. Important questions were not asked.

my complaint is bought tickets for jh stand got charged £3 for postal ! phoned up for another ticket for my big pal an got charged £6 for postal and when I said I only got charged £3 yesterday the idiot on the phone said I a chosen few got it for £3 but its £6 the day !like to know if anybody else paid this ?

my complaint is bought tickets for jh stand got charged £3 for postal ! phoned up for another ticket for my big pal an got charged £6 for postal and when I said I only got charged £3 yesterday the idiot on the phone said I a chosen few got it for £3 but its £6 the day !like to know if anybody else paid this ?

This kind of thing is really a mess at Firhill.

Paid well in advance for my Ramsdens Final tickets and specified the seats. When I went to collect them they'd been given to somebody else. We simply got given another couple of non-sold tickets (random) instead.

Paid well in advance for this season's season ticket and the extra for it to be sent to me. I got sent the admittance vouchers at the start of the season, but the season ticket never got sent out. Had to collect it myself.....

Won a ball (yippee) in the CF two years ago. Brother-in-law went to collect it shortly thereafter, but there were none available. They'd call. They never did........

not specific enough. how is something hypothetically happening twice, five months apart 'continuously'?

Sorry, you are just being pedantic now. I have no desire to argue over such menial details with some random behind a keyboard using a fake name.

Edited by ian_mac

I never for one minute said that the players didn't have a desire to win the game. The fact that some of you are making out that I did, when the post is still there for all to see, is laughable and shows how weak your argument is.

Here's what you said:

"You think that won't affect the players? Think again. These guys aren't daft. If no one else at the club shows a desire to win the game then why should they bother?"

You are clearly implying that moving the home fans out of the north stand could result in the players taking a "why bother trying to win" attitude. That is complete mince and you know it, but you are so one-track that you won't even accept that the things you write are wrong even when they are glaringly so. The positioning of the fans within Firhill will have zero impact on the player's motivation to win this match.

I also note that you have omitted to give evidence of Celtic telling the club which areas of the ground their fans will occupy. But then, evidence doesn't seem to be a very strong suit with you.

Here's what you said:

"You think that won't affect the players? Think again. These guys aren't daft. If no one else at the club shows a desire to win the game then why should they bother?"

You are clearly implying that moving the home fans out of the north stand could result in the players taking a "why bother trying to win" attitude. That is complete mince and you know it, but you are so one-track that you won't even accept that the things you write are wrong even when they are glaringly so. The positioning of the fans within Firhill will have zero impact on the player's motivation to win this match.

I also note that you have omitted to give evidence of Celtic telling the club which areas of the ground their fans will occupy. But then, evidence doesn't seem to be a very strong suit with you.

Wasn't what I was trying to say at all. In no way shape or form did I say that the players won't try to win the match. But when you remove a factor which the players and management have clearly identified as having a positive impact on them, then by definition that becomes a negative impact. I'm saying it could affect their performance, and somehow you think I'm implying that they will throw the match.

You say that moving the fans won't have an impact on the players, I'm saying it will. I have given evidence above to back up my opinion - the testimony of the players and management themselves.

Your opinion is based on what exactly? The players are of course professionals but they are also human beings. Hence why home advantage is so important (most of the time).

Wasn't what I was trying to say at all. In no way shape or form did I say that the players won't try to win the match. But when you remove a factor which the players and management have clearly identified as having a positive impact on them, then by definition that becomes a negative impact. I'm saying it could affect their performance, and somehow you think I'm implying that they will throw the match.

You say that moving the fans won't have an impact on the players, I'm saying it will. I have given evidence above to back up my opinion - the testimony of the players and management themselves.

Your opinion is based on what exactly? The players are of course professionals but they are also human beings. Hence why home advantage is so important (most of the time).

Why don't you just admit you were mistaken and didn't mean to imply the players would take a "why bother" attitude? You can't use that terminology and say you aren't questioning their will to win. There is a world of difference between the crowd giving added motivation to the players and them taking the view that "well, I just can't be bothered if Ian Mac and the gang aren't in the North Stand...". Can't you see that?

I accept that having the north stand full of Thistle fans would have been good for atmosphere and encouragement for the players. That is, after all what the players and management have stated (and to which you refer). It does not however, touch on the players' motivation to win the game and certainly not in the way that you implied. The ground will be as close to full as it is likely to be this season, there will be a big home support and it is the "clash of the Champions". It is a big game for our players and there is simply no way that they will take the "why bother" attitude that you suggested they might regardless of the seating arrangements. Do you seriously think they would?

Also, still no evidence for your assertion that Celtic told the club where their fans would be seated I see.

You should take more care with what you write and when you make mistakes or make statements that can't be sustained be more willing to admit it or retract.

That isn't evidence. They were hardly going to tell you that it didn't really make that much difference to how they played and that, actually, we won the league because we are really good at football, were they? The North Stand move has made the atmosphere at Firhill loads better, but we were so successful last year because of the team on the pitch, not because of a few hundred singers in the North Stand (as excellent as they were and are).

The absolute knicker-wetting over this issue is remarkable.

• Like 2

When I phoned up for my ticket a couple of weeks ago I was asked did I want standard postal delivery at £3 or recorded delivery at £6, took £3 option and ticket was here in 3 days.

£3 and here next day. Good to see that the office is firing on all cylinders. Oh, and the girl who dealt with my call couldn't have been friendlier.

Out of interest is anyone on here choosing to avoid this fixture and for what reason? e.g. Ticketing arrangements, Sunday lunchtime k.o. or just choosing to avoid OF games in general?

Not going due to wife having our third child tomorrow, and having 2 toddlers to watch as well.

A bit TOO young to take to Firhill for a game against the remaining ugly sister!

Which would be fine if the club entered into an open discussion with the NS folk and explained the reason for doing it was to maximise income for the club etc.

However it was dressed up as a need to do, due to Celtic fans letting off flares. No other fans with a history of this action... Just for Celtic fans.

And that sticks in the throat a wee bit.

this debate takes me back to the days when the old BOD were trying to undermine the use value of the main stand in the eyes of the fans by making comparisons between it and bradford (or at least those ideas where in circulation).... I was talking to my dad a few nights about this current issue and he was saying to me that the wood in the floor is so thick that it would be nie on impossible for it to go on fire with flares and what not. The example he gave was the fact that back in the day people would be regularly emptying their pipe contents onto the ground (a far greater firehazard than spordic pyrotechics) during matches and there was never any disaster. Whereas bradford had roofing felt on the top that was highly flammable.

Its a shame that the posts that yourself and my dad and others made are no longer available from the old forums when those arguments where put forward. cause it seems now that the kinda mythology that the old BOD spun is being recirculated for the purposes of justifying this bizzare move that they have put on. I think those who do not really see this situation as an issue tacitly accept those false assumptions...

Edited by mrD