U16S In The North Stand

Pie Of The Month

Was this the bright idea of the club in order to stop them being the problem of the stewards in the Jackie Husband Stand?

Today because they were in the North Stand for some reason the stewards would only let us through 1 turnstile whilst having 2 for u16s then when in the ground some of the 1s in the front of us thought it would be funny to push their pals into the adults at the end of their row and spit on the even younger ones who were standing in front of them.

I can appreciate that some parents want to be in the North Stand and bring their kids with them but if that kind of behaviour continues I can only hope the 'experiment' as the club puts it ends fairly soon although with it now being less hassle for the stewards I imagine kids in the North Stand will be here to stay.

• Like 1

The kids go free is excellent, but not without issue. Possible solution:

If in the north stand, they gather in either the first or last section of the stand which is the 'wee shed' and policed accordingly.

If in the JH stand, the same scenario, all in the same section policed accordingly.

All unless accompanied with a responsible adult.

Ps - stewards or police, you know what I mean.

Anyone gaining free entry without a responsible adult will be asked to go to the appropriate section or invited to leave the ground.

• Like 1

If in the north stand

Never never never. Kids go in the kids zone in the JHS - not in the North Stand. Adults only (over 16). I know the stewards were having a hard time with them in there but tough - why ruin my (and many others) match day experience by forcing us to be surrounded by kids?

Never never never. Kids go in the kids zone in the JHS - not in the North Stand. Adults only (over 16). I know the stewards were having a hard time with them in there but tough - why ruin my (and many others) match day experience by forcing us to be surrounded by kids?

12 - 15 year olds were allowed in today. This is what has caused the issue above. I'm simply suggesting if they should have their own section as they are now allowed access.

IMO, they should not have been allowed in and I would like to know why the club thought this would be a good idea. We could all see that some of them in the JHS were being wee fannies and giving the stewards a hard time so why inflict them on us? I'm hoping this experiment will be reversed. No room for kids in the North Stand. First it was Celtic fans and now kids - has the world gone mad?

Edited by Big Col

Was this the bright idea of the club in order to stop them being the problem of the stewards in the Jackie Husband Stand?

Today because they were in the North Stand for some reason the stewards would only let us through 1 turnstile whilst having 2 for u16s then when in the ground some of the 1s in the front of us thought it would be funny to push their pals into the adults at the end of their row and spit on the even younger ones who were standing in front of them.

I can appreciate that some parents want to be in the North Stand and bring their kids with them but if that kind of behaviour continues I can only hope the 'experiment' as the club puts it ends fairly soon although with it now being less hassle for the stewards I imagine kids in the North Stand will be here to stay.

Probably best if you let the club know of any issues with the U16s today.

There's no doubt that some of the kids who take advantage of the free entry are nothing more than trouble makers, most of them not even thistle fans. But there's also a good number of them who are diehard jags fans and follow the team home and away.

The behaviour you describe does indeed sound more than embarrassing. Much like some of the reports I heard about some "older" fans who were up in Aberdeen on Monday night.

Sometimes age isn't an issue when it comes to stupidity.

There's no doubt that some of the kids who take advantage of the free entry are nothing more than trouble makers, most of them not even thistle fans. But there's also a good number of them who are diehard jags fans and follow the team home and away.

The behaviour you describe does indeed sound more than embarrassing. Much like some of the reports I heard about some "older" fans who were up in Aberdeen on Monday night.

What alleged naughtiness/bad behaviour occurred up at Aberdeen Ian? I was there and a few of the young kids were getting questioned by the police because they weren't with an adult.

I went to Firhill from the age of 11 without an adult (and likewise away from the age of 13) and don't remember my age being a problem. If any kid,and indeed any adults, are behaving badly they should be tackled by the stewards but lets be careful not to class all kids who turn up without an adult as troublemakers. Likewise kids who are there with their parents aren't exempt from needing a telling off sometimes.

• Like 5

I have no doubt some of them go everywhere, I see a few of them often enough everywhere and their commitment to following Thistle is unquestionable. It seems to be a few others spoiling it for them.

Can't say I noticed any behaviour at Aberdeen which was worse than the usual drunken nonsense that goes on at most away games that are that far away. I'd say Dingwall was worse tbh with stewards getting involved at one point.

I'd suggest the success of the kids go free initiative has much to do with the fact they don't have to be accompanied by an adult. The downside to that is blatantly obvious. I'd also suggest that the other really successful initiative of recent years has been the North Stand move.

Commonsense should tell anyone that if by proximity one successful enterprise can threaten another successful enterprise then ffs keep them far apart.

My son and I watched the game in the North Stand for the first time ever yesterday and we both loved it. We joined in with the songs and we were able to enjoy the match with 2 season ticket holding friends who we normally can't sit beside.

I didn't see any kids misbehave, on the contrary, all the kids I seen in the stand were well behaved and enjoying themselves. I think the new policy was a great success and I will be contacting the club to tell them the same.

Some of the old gits on this forum with their precious North Stand for oldies only attitude should get a life and remember they were young once themselves (albeit a very long time ago.) The obvious solution to any difficulties is to allow 12-16 years old in with an adult only.

• Like 1

There was clearly kids in the North Stand who were not over 12. But then how do you tell a 10 and 12 year old apart?

I also don't think it is funny that at half time kids were pushing their pals into the ladies toilets.

I personally think the kids will continue to push boundaries in the north stand until it is like the JHS again

Keep the north stand kid free or kid and parent only.

I don't buy my season ticket to sit in a crèche and that is the way it will end up.

Good point Sinistar. I don't think there is any issue with parents or older siblings taking kids to the game. I didn't notice any issues, although my mate had to chadtise a couple of young ones messing about in the toilets and giving a steward some gip.

Maybe the policy will settle down to accompanied youngsters unless a little self-policing is used with the unruly element?

• Like 1

Good point Sinistar. I don't think there is any issue with parents or older siblings taking kids to the game. I didn't notice any issues, although my mate had to chadtise a couple of young ones messing about in the toilets and giving a steward some gip.

Maybe the policy will settle down to accompanied youngsters unless a little self-policing is used with the unruly element?

The toilets at HT was the only issue I encountered as well. Bizarrely enough, a steward was telling them off for going in to a cubicle 2 or 3 at a time. What they were doing there I don't know!

But, I accept there were other issues as well. Boys spitting, whether it's aimed at their own pals or not, is unacceptable.

It's becoming obvious that a lot of these kids aren't even thistle fans, and are only there to cause trouble. Now is probably the time to start banning these kids individually, rather than ruin it for the many kids who do deserve to be there.

As I said before, there a few of the older fans who might want to consider their own behaviour at recent away games before making demands about who should and should not be allowed in the north stand.

As I said before, there a few of the older fans who might want to consider their own behaviour at recent away games before making demands about who should and should not be allowed in the north stand.

Why don't you be more specific? Or can you not since you weren't there and seem to be making things up?

Am I the only one to question why, if these kids are causing mayhem, what the hell are the stewards doing. Anyone misbehaving whether they are 6 or 60 should be immediately ejected from the ground. If the stewards can't do it all they have to do is get the cops to do it. We are overrun with stewards and police at the ground for 4-5,000 gates. Time they started doing their job!!

Why don't you be more specific? Or can you not since you weren't there and seem to be making things up?

You seem to be taking things personally regarding Ian's issue about the Aberdeen game, POTM.

Any reason for that?

let me put it another way, do you think sitting in a family friendly pub in Aberdeen in Thistle colours, pished, singing "Aberdeens a sh!thole, i want to go home." Is acceptable behaviour?

Me? i think it's fckin embarressing. Nearly embarressing as some of the hate filled sh!te posted on the Celtic thread on P&B about child abuse etc. :thumbsup2:

You seem to be taking things personally regarding Ian's issue about the Aberdeen game, POTM.

Any reason for that?

let me put it another way, do you think sitting in a family friendly pub in Aberdeen in Thistle colours, pished, singing "Aberdeens a sh!thole, i want to go home." Is acceptable behaviour?

Me? i think it's fckin embarressing. Nearly embarressing as some of the hate filled sh!te posted on the Celtic thread on P&B about child abuse etc. :thumbsup2:

Oh dear, I thought it was quite clearly aimed at me for the simple reason ian_mac has previous for making such digs at posters like claiming there was some incident in McChuills which I should somehow know about after the Airdrie game caused by Thistle fans or having a go at another poster for being drunk in at Falkirk away last season. I'm quite glad that it's simply chanting that in a pub of all places which seems to be the issue as it certainly wasn't me who did it so my paranoia can now be put to rest. I didn't even know it was sung anywhere other than at Pittodrie until you just claimed it happened there.

It's very odd that some people seem to be gossiping like sweetie wives about what people who went to Aberdeen did in a pub before or after going to the game.

You can be embarrassed of my behalf if you like but I'm perfectly fine with anything I've posted on P&B, just as I'm sure the plenty of people who chanted about similar at the Celtic game will feel as indifferent about it as I am.

Oh dear, I thought it was quite clearly aimed at me for the simple reason ian_mac has previous for making such digs at posters like claiming there was some incident in McChuills which I should somehow know about after the Airdrie game caused by Thistle fans or having a go at another poster for being drunk in at Falkirk away last season. I'm quite glad that it's simply chanting that in a pub of all places which seems to be the issue as it certainly wasn't me who did it so my paranoia can now be put to rest. I didn't even know it was sung anywhere other than at Pittodrie until you just claimed it happened there.

It's very odd that some people seem to be gossiping like sweetie wives about what people who went to Aberdeen did in a pub before or after going to the game.

You can be embarrassed of my behalf if you like but I'm perfectly fine with anything I've posted on P&B, just as I'm sure the plenty of people who chanted about similar at the Celtic game will feel as indifferent about it as I am.

Well that's your perogative POTM, if you want to view it as gossiping like sweetie wives, thats up to you. it was opened for a discussion as a comparison to childish behaviour of the children in our support.

It's one thing singing songs in an enclosed area like a football ground... but when you take insulting football chants about the town you are visiting, out into the public domain where the general public have it inflicted upon them, thats a different matter in my book.

POTM

couldn't care less what you and your friends get up to on away days, or any other days. Hopefully your collective alcohol tolerance levels will improve with time.

However, if you are going to scrutinise the behaviour of others at games, then surely you can accept the same treatment coming your way.

I've accepted many of the points made on the thread about certain youngsters. But there's also a hell of a lot who deserve to be in that stand and who aren't misbehaving. Your approach of a blanket ban on all of them could seriously affect the next generation of supporters.

What I am suggesting is dealing with the kids on an individual basis, banning the trouble makers for good and leaving the genuine jags fans amongst them to enjoy supporting the team from the north stand.

Well that's your perogative POTM, if you want to view it as gossiping like sweetie wives, thats up to you. it was opened for a discussion as a comparison to childish behaviour of the children in our support.

It's one thing singing songs in an enclosed area like a football ground... but when you take insulting football chants about the town you are visiting, out into the public domain where the general public have it inflicted upon them, thats a different matter in my book.

Well it wasn't really opened up for discussion as a comparison otherwise what actually was alleged to have happened would've been mentioned rather than me having to ask what on earth was being alluded to.

I never took any insulting chants about towns I was visiting, nor did anyone who was in my company at any time I was present, outside the ground. You're frankly both talking nonsense on the basis of 2nd or 3rd hand gossip.

POTM

couldn't care less what you and your friends get up to on away days, or any other days. Hopefully your collective alcohol tolerance levels will improve with time.

However, if you are going to scrutinise the behaviour of others at games, then surely you can accept the same treatment coming your way.

I've accepted many of the points made on the thread about certain youngsters. But there's also a hell of a lot who deserve to be in that stand and who aren't misbehaving. Your approach of a blanket ban on all of them could seriously affect the next generation of supporters.

What I am suggesting is dealing with the kids on an individual basis, banning the trouble makers for good and leaving the genuine jags fans amongst them to enjoy supporting the team from the north stand.

So now it's a collective rather than a poster on this thread? I'm being blamed for the alcohol tolerance levels of people I go to games with? That's very odd, it's not my responsibility how others behave or handle their drink. Earlier it was "own behaviour" now it seems the goalposts are moved.

I only posted in the original post that my hope was the experiment would be scrapped as it seemed the straight forward solution. If the club is able to weed out troublemakers and allow some of the genuine younger Thistle fans enjoy the North Stand then I would be all for it. I just don't have anywhere near as much faith in the club or the stewards to think that they'll be able to do anything about it.

You clearly wern't there yet your taking the word of who? Nobody sang that song.

If a youngster is a die hard thistle fan who goes home and away as you keep claiming that doesn't mean they can act like a brat at home games. That doesn't mean they can come to home games spit on other people, push other fans and make a general nuisance of themselves at half time in the toilets. There was also a fair few children in the north stand who clearly were not over 12 on Saturday but is that OK because they are also die hard fans?

Scrutinize my behavior if you like, but I think there is a huge difference from a home game and an away game. All I am asking if that I don't need to sit in a creche and I can go to the toilet at half time and not have to babysit children. I pay for my season ticket I shouldn't have to put up with children who cannot behave. Children are welcome in the North stand but they should be accompanied by a parent who is responsible for them.