Hibs Away

Lambies Lost Doo

After a poor run of results I worry about the football hyperbole which can take hold and allow passionate supporters to lose control of reality

McNamara said that we were a season ahead of schedule when we were challenging for the league before he left. Archie came in and did a fantastic job getting us promoted. The team surprised us and as a result the club was also behind schedule with this unexpected joy of promotion. In terms of sports science, training and philosophy we have improved so much more than I would have thought from 2 or 3 years ago. Coupled with the youth plans then we are still on the up. Other areas like scouting are still to be improved but I am sure there are plans for this.

We were expected to get a few doings along the way with an inexperienced team and a club with the smallest budget in the league but we are still doing ok. The Hearts situation is a buffer zone and I still believe we will avoid the play off spot. When we play football and pass we have good players who like to play it on the deck and have ability.

So I now look towards Hibs game. My 2nd away trip after Motherwell where I am still amazed we never got a draw. Never been to Easter Road before and so I am still enjoying this "big time" experience. Always like going to Edinburgh, feels very different from Glasgow, but a place I like.

So does anyone have any tips on going to watch in Leith? The only bits of Leith I know are "the shore" which I know is not real Leith. Where to go? Where to avoid? Plan on getting the train through as there are a few of us going, some non Thistle fans to bolster the numbers.

I'll be going too; still got great memories of our 3-2 win there: our first game with Gerry Collins in charge, if I remember correctly!

Expecting another defeat, to be honest. It must be abundantly clear to all teams now that if they just pressure us high up the park they can easily snuff out our slow-paced build-ups, and that by getting free-kicks or corners against us a goal will inevitably come.

And as I feared against Aberdeen, I fear that an early goal will kill the game.

Pessimistic, yes, but I hope Archie and Shaggy can come up with something different next week, because more of the same will not do.

Of our 4 away wins last time in the SPL 2 came at Easter Rd and the other 2 at Pittodrie.

That 3-2 game we lost was horrible. We were dreadful in the first half and absolutely battered them in the second to come back from 2-0 down. Just as it looked as if we were going to win it Steven Whittaker ran up the park - aided I think by a classic Grant Murray backing off and scored with a couple of minutes to go.

Of our 4 away wins last time in the SPL 2 came at Easter Rd and the other 2 at Pittodrie.

That 3-2 game we lost was horrible. We were dreadful in the first half and absolutely battered them in the second to come back from 2-0 down. Just as it looked as if we were going to win it Steven Whittaker ran up the park - aided I think by a classic Grant Murray backing off and scored with a couple of minutes to go.

Every time I think of him all I can picture is him backing off players who were running in on our goal. Chronic.

Witnessed one of the best saves that I've seen in that game from Daniel Andersson - Fleming free-kick was sailing right into the top left corner and he somehow tipped it over the bar. In fact, he made another two great stops from Grady and was rightly named Man of the Match. If I remember correctly, it was the inspired introduction of Ian Ross on the left wing that got us back into the game.

Witnessed one of the best saves that I've seen in that game from Daniel Andersson - Fleming free-kick was sailing right into the top left corner and he somehow tipped it over the bar. In fact, he made another two great stops from Grady and was rightly named Man of the Match. If I remember correctly, it was the inspired introduction of Ian Ross on the left wing that got us back into the game.

Correct. Ross, Flea & Milne were ripping them to shreds in the 2nd half. I couldn't believe we ended up losing that game

Remember going to Easter Road in the '80's sometime at the time Hib's were the only team with u/soil heating terrible snowy day and I missed my mates and arrived to hear Hibs score the first of their 3 goals to no reply. I must have looked really forlorn as Willie Ormond came up to me and gave me a complimentary. The part of the game I saw we were mince and Hibs deservedly thumped us 3-0. God, but it was cold.

That doesn't surprise me given that tickets can be bought at Easter Road on the day.

That doesn't surprise me given that tickets can be bought at Easter Road on the day.

It does seem rather stupid that you'd take the time to go to Firhill during the week, when you can just pay at the gate anyway. I'll go, with my 200 layers on too!

• Like 1

I saw that in yesterday's ET Archie was praising Cairney and tipping him to get back to his best under Butcher. It got me thinking: we didn't miss him at all last season, but I think he would have been excellent as that driving midfielder that we're lacking this season.

No chance, but I'd take him back in a minute.