Celtic Hooligans At Motherwell

soapy

It's noticeable that none of the reports are mentioning the damage done at Firhill a few months ago, as if it never happened.

But interestingly, neither is there any mention (that I can see) of the very recent vandalism at Hamilton by 'Well "supporters":

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/motherwell-pay-price-after-fans-2874895

It's noticeable that none of the reports are mentioning the damage done at Firhill a few months ago, as if it never happened.

But interestingly, neither is there any mention (that I can see) of the very recent vandalism at Hamilton by 'Well "supporters":

http://www.dailyreco...er-fans-2874895

I think I read (possibly on here) that Celtic had squared us for the damage at Firhill. As a rule of thumb when either of the ugly sisters pays up they expect the incident to be forgotten Usually get their way where the Scottish media is involved. Maybe it's just me but I thought the comment on telly tonight about not being able to show us the damage as it's been treated as a crime scene was a tad OTT. No doubt good reasons but a wee bit over-dramatic.

I think I read (possibly on here) that Celtic had squared us for the damage at Firhill. As a rule of thumb when either of the ugly sisters pays up they expect the incident to be forgotten Usually get their way where the Scottish media is involved. Maybe it's just me but I thought the comment on telly tonight about not being able to show us the damage as it's been treated as a crime scene was a tad OTT. No doubt good reasons but a wee bit over-dramatic.

Celtic never squared the damage, the Glasgow FA did

Time for them to bring in point deductions. If devices are set off by fans start off with a 5 point deduction going up by 3 every time it happens. If stadiums are damaged start off with a 10 points deduction. Pretty sure that will stop all this nonsense. These clowns don't seem to bother when their clubs are hit with petty fines. Pretty sure they will think twice if it means their club may miss out in Europe because of severe point deductions. Time to get tough with these clowns

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

Aparently it wasn't the Green Brigade, it was non-Green Brigade members who went to that area of the ground with Green Brigade stickers (available to everyone and presumably supplied by Lawell) who then broke the seats and put the stickers on so that the club can move the Green Brigade because they are persectued by the club.

That was the jist of what I picked up on Twatter anyway :rolleyes:

I wonder if all those police at Easter Road would've sat back and done sod all if we broke over a hundred seats and threw fireworks on the pitch. I wonder.

• Like 1

Aparently it wasn't the Green Brigade, it was non-Green Brigade members who went to that area of the ground with Green Brigade stickers (available to everyone and presumably supplied by Lawell) who then broke the seats and put the stickers on so that the club can move the Green Brigade because they are persectued by the club.

That was the jist of what I picked up on Twatter anyway :rolleyes:

Inception 2: Paranoia within Paranoia - Starring The Green Brigade

Never done making martyrs of themselves at any opportunity.

And then you open the doors to idiots dressing up in other teams colours to wreck a ground just so they get a points deduction and change league placings. This is a property crime, not a sporting crime, so sporting penalties should not apply.

So what is your solution??? Slap on the wrist fines? You honestly think that other teams fans will travel to away grounds to wreck seats and set off dangerous devices?? There only appears to be two Scottish clubs involved in all this so if you think 10 or so Killie/St Johnstone etc fans will risk their lives by inter mingling with Sevco/Queen Brigade fans I think you are seriously misguided. The majority of Celtic fans I know are seriously sick n tired of the Queen Brigade and their antics

Edited by Lindau

So what is your solution??? Slap on the wrist fines? You honestly think that other teams fans will travel to away grounds to wreck seats and set off dangerous devices?? There only appears to be two Scottish clubs involved in all this so if you think 10 or so Killie/St Johnstone etc fans will risk their lives by inter mingling with Sevco/Queen Brigade fans I think you are seriously misguided. The majority of Celtic fans I know are seriously sick n tired of the Queen Brigade and their antics

I take it you're not aware of other news stories about hearts, hibs, Aberdeen and St Johmstone fans? All have a history of letting off flares.

Motherwell and Celtic are by far the worst.

Yet our safety certificate was only issued on the grounds that Celtic fans couldn't use the main stand. So says our chairman.

Uberteeb touched on the main problem. The police seem to have a complete different set of laws for Celtic fans, and I'm not talking just inside stadiums. I've had the unfortunate experience of seeing them travel and every encounter has seen them being horrible scum - vandalising, stealing and being generally corruptive. With no consequences. The problem isn't as isolated as Celtic make out. They think they can do anything and just now, they can. The police need to clamp down on all the crimes they make on their travels and eventually they will realise they can't get away with it.

Celtic and the police need to work closer together and use CCTV to find these trouble makers and ban them. Will take more than 128 people but that could be enough to scare the others.

I take it you're not aware of other news stories about hearts, hibs, Aberdeen and St Johmstone fans? All have a history of letting off flares.

Motherwell and Celtic are by far the worst.

To be honest I haven't heard of any major problems with other team fans maybe with the exception of the Motherwell fans at Hamilton the other week. Yeah you might get the odd rogue device at any of these teams games but nothing like you get at the ugly sisters games and now they have upped the stakes by wrecking other teams grounds. To think that the Celtic fans were all up in arms when Ajax came to Glasgow and by all accounts gave the Celtic fans a bit of a doing and smashed some seats at Porkheid. The only way to stamp it out is point deductions. That way other reasonable fans will sort it out and if that doesn't happen, pretty sure the club will ensure it is stamped on immediately. Fining clubs like Celtic sums like £5000 is frankly a waste of time

In a properly functioning world, the police and Celtic would work co-operatively to stamp out these cretins; however, that joint effort would be based on the premise that both the police and Celtic want to deal with the problem. Obstacle No. 1: Celtic aren't interested; and obstacle No. 2: neither are the polis.

The end.

• Like 2

Celtic insist and are allowed by other clubs (For some bizarre reason) to steward their own fans at away games this clearly doesn't work.

If they steward their own fans then they should be liable to a points deduction, they put banning orders out on 100 + fans but in the real world that is unworkable and easily flouted. If a group of guys smash up a pub or throw a flare in a cinema do they only get banned from the pub or cinema?? No they go to jail, its all about cause and effect, there is no real come back to the guilty parties and they believe they are above the law

I've had the unfortunate experience of seeing them travel and every encounter has seen them being horrible scum - vandalising, stealing and being generally corruptive.

I get the train home from work on the Argyle line to Cambuslang and despite there being lots of Sellick fans on these trains when they have midweek home matches (alighting at Dalmarnock and Brigton) I can honestly say that I have never seen or heard anything untoward from them at all in 14 years of travelling. You must be unlucky.

Celtic insist and are allowed by other clubs (For some bizarre reason) to steward their own fans at away games this clearly doesn't work.

If they steward their own fans then they should be liable to a points deduction, they put banning orders out on 100 + fans but in the real world that is unworkable and easily flouted. If a group of guys smash up a pub or throw a flare in a cinema do they only get banned from the pub or cinema?? No they go to jail, its all about cause and effect, there is no real come back to the guilty parties and they believe they are above the law

If they can't be identified then they will not go to jail regardless of where a crime is committed. I imagine Celtic have temporarily banned people who had the tickets for the bust up seats, but having a ticket for a seat that is trashed is not going to be evidence that that person trashed the seat. It should have been obvious at the time that something was going on, both to police and stewards. I guess they felt that discretion was the better part of valour. Maybe they have video evidence. They seem happy to waste their time having video-recording cops at non-event games like our pre-season friendly with Ayr a wee while back.

• Like 1

If they can't be identified then they will not go to jail regardless of where a crime is committed. I imagine Celtic have temporarily banned people who had the tickets for the bust up seats, but having a ticket for a seat that is trashed is not going to be evidence that that person trashed the seat. It should have been obvious at the time that something was going on, both to police and stewards. I guess they felt that discretion was the better part of valour. Maybe they have video evidence. They seem happy to waste their time having video-recording cops at non-event games like our pre-season friendly with Ayr a wee while back.

There are CCTV cameras in every ground in the SPFL, the cops love taking videos of the fans so identification is easy if the courts and Police decide to pursue it, the problem is nothing will happen if arrested, look to the Rangers fans that invaded the park at the U16 GC final, slap on the wrist and a fine less than doing 40 in a 30 zone.

The whole issue is the courts and police are scared to upset the old firm