Boxing Day V Ict

Garscube Road End

Agreed that was never a shot, if it was it was a rubbish one! It was too high for Doolan and I don't think it was a bad effort. I think Archie needs to sit down and ask why, when we had loads of set pieces around the 18 yard box, their keeper didn't even have to make a save.

We didn't miss ozzy today as we were on the front foot most of the game', but against better teams he's been superb.

I know craigan tries but today his passing was shocking.

Least we didn't lose, which is unfortunately too often heard coming out of the stadium on match days.

• Like 1

Highlights confirm that Doolan's header was a difficult chance, Higgy's miss was awful and Lawless' diving header really should've been on target. Hadn't realised how central he was at the time.

You're right about Doolan, I take it back that he could have done better, he was already leaning over to his right to take it as late as possible. I do think that is harsh on Lawless though, despite being central he was still outside the posts making it very difficult to steer it in from his position.

Gutted not to have won that but it was a great performance. Hard to see where we will win if we can play like that and still not score.

Gutted not to have won that but it was a great performance. Hard to see where we will win if we can play like that and still not score.

Quote from Alan Johnston:

"We always knew it would turn round because it wasn't as if we were not creating chances," explained former Scotland winger Johnston. "We were playing well but maybe getting punished for individual errors and we seem to be cutting them out now."

We are in the same boat and almost half-way to getting out of it. We totally out-played ICT yesterday yet they are 3rd in the league. If the players maintain yesterday's style of play and just stay a little cooler in front of goal, results will come.

Edited by David Stevenson
  • Like 1

Archie has been saying the same as AJ for a long time now. We've still not come good.

Our misses are embarrassing. Like a Benny Hill sketch at times.

We should maybe think about bringing in an attacker coach like McNamara had with Darren Jackson.

Teach the guys some composure in front of goal.

Archie has been saying the same as AJ for a long time now. We've still not come good.

Our misses are embarrassing. Like a Benny Hill sketch at times.

We should maybe think about bringing in an attacker coach like McNamara had with Darren Jackson.

Teach the guys some composure in front of goal.

Goals against at Killie were a bit crappy but more down to bad luck on our part than mistakes. Yesterday Scott Fox was a spectator against the team 3rd in the league except for one chance (Conrad's bloomer). We're getting there.

Agree with the striking coach concept. Is Billy Dodds for hire these days?

The team played well

Good bits

Banagan was a lot better today

Lawless had his mojo back

Picollo was shouting at the other defenders

SOD is a better player than McMillan

Bad bits

Ref was rubbish

Ball boys were slow and there was not enough of them.

Fans were good at encouraging the team but not enough turned up

Erty13

Sorry thought SOD was a bombscare when he came on, and Piccolo and even Elliot having to cover for him, he seemed to float about like a fart in a spacesuit.

Piccolo strolled through the game a looks very "shaggyesque/ Hansen like with his calmness and passing out of defense, Elliot was excellent and has really stepped up to the mark and gives 110%

• Like 1

Dodds may still have something to do with Q o S? John Robertson (ex Hearts fella) would be a good shout. He's most likely a decent coach in general, just a lousy manager. Certainly done striker coaching for SPL sides.

I think John Robertson lives in the Inverness area, hence his reporting at ICT & RC games. I can't see him moving or travelling to the central belt unless it was a managers job

I think John Robertson lives in the Inverness area, hence his reporting at ICT & RC games. I can't see him moving or travelling to the central belt unless it was a managers job

He does live in Inverness as he was in front of me in tesco a wee while ago buying a bottle of cheap whiskey on a Monday night. Jakey bam.

• Like 1

Sorry thought SOD was a bombscare when he came on, and Piccolo and even Elliot having to cover for him, he seemed to float about like a fart in a spacesuit.

Piccolo strolled through the game a looks very "shaggyesque/ Hansen like with his calmness and passing out of defense, Elliot was excellent and has really stepped up to the mark and gives 110%

I kind of agree about SOD - he did look like he didn't know what he was doing when he just came on, but I think he got his game together as we played noticably better in the 2nd half

After watching the highlights Lawless' chance and Higginbothams were both from SOD passes. Was there someone beyond Lawless that would have been better placed

Edited by Lenziejag

I kind of agree about SOD - he did look like he didn't know what he was doing when he just came on, but I think he got his game together as we played noticably better in the 2nd half

After watching the highlights Lawless' chance and Higginbothams were both from SOD passes. Was there someone beyond Lawless that would have been better placed

Agree he got better as the game went on after horrendous positioning to start with.

Thought Macmillan was solid in 1st half so not sure whether he took a knock

The defense looked solid yesterday bar 1 or 2 incidents which is encouraging, now to start scoring goals, let's see if Nacho gets a goal for us at Parkhead on the 1st