Archie Must Go ?

javeajag

Archie deserves at least this and next even if we are relegated but he isn't without some blame for our position.

I don't think he has judged well enough which players would be good enough for the Premiership. Wages for guys like Forbes, Kerr, Baird and possibly a few more could have been better utilised IMO.

Also I think that he has missed the boat with not using more of his budget in the summer. WIth Ross County and Killie spending money to improve their squads our signing(s) could effectively be cancelled out.

• Members

At the end of last season, I was delighted to hear Forbes was signing on again and hoped his technical ability would be better suited to this Division where he had a little more time. It hasn't worked out unfortunately.

Had we got Osbourne sooner, I don't think Kerr would have been signed, but we did need someone with SPL experience, I just don't think Archie has judged how much Kerr's form has dropped over the last couple of years.

Baird on a 2 year deal looks like a bad deal as well though and as long as Doolan and Taylor are fit, I don't see him getting a sniff of a start. Wouldn't be surprised to see him move on actually.

Garscube Road End hit the nail on the head earlier: the wage bill of a club has been shown to be the most accurate predictor of its ultimate league position. In this respect Archie has the team performing neither above nor below expectations. Yes, he has made mistakes and we should be concerned about our current form, but he's a young guy whom I hope will learn from his errors. I still believe he has the potential to become an excellent manager. With a little patience and support hopefully we will be beneficiaries of his development. This is not to say he's results-proof; more that, on balance, sticking with him is the best option for the moment. There aren't many Jose Mourinho's out there waiting to take over.

• Like 1

Have to take this opportunity to say I was wrong in my knee jerk reaction last week.

Fair play to Archie he appeared to have acted on Wednesday and I witnessed for myself the change today. Was great to see a plan b and hopefully we push on this month. First signing so far so good so maybe he has genuinely learned from his mistakes re some signings in the summer.

maybe he has genuinely learned from his mistakes re some signings in the summer.

Are we the only team in the SPFL to have signed some players that haven't worked out as hoped?

Of course the reality is that every club signs some good fits and some not so good. Archie is no different to others and it's to be expected that some of his deals this month will work out but sadly some won't.

Maybe as fans we could accept that and stop putting unnecessary pressure on our own manager?

• Like 1

Failure to win today would've been tragic, although the three points are definitely valuable. There's still a lot of work to be done over the next few weeks to put right the form of the last couple of months, but I'm encouraged by the way we set out in the second half more than anything as it suggested that Archibald has learned his lesson from allowing leads against other teams to slip and ensuring that there was no defensive collapse like the one we saw against Motherwell.

Are we the only team in the SPFL to have signed some players that haven't worked out as hoped?

Of course the reality is that every club signs some good fits and some not so good. Archie is no different to others and it's to be expected that some of his deals this month will work out but sadly some won't.

Maybe as fans we could accept that and stop putting unnecessary pressure on our own manager?

St Mirren have got rid of 5 players they signed during the summer.

If only we could pap Kerr and Baird onto a couple of suckers.

If only we could pap Kerr and Baird onto a couple of suckers.

Morton must be looking for a couple of players to get them out of their current situation....

kerr and baird would be perfect for morton, and would get them out their current situation and into the seaside league with ease.

Have to take this opportunity to say I was wrong in my knee jerk reaction last week.

Fair play to Archie he appeared to have acted on Wednesday and I witnessed for myself the change today. Was great to see a plan b and hopefully we push on this month. First signing so far so good so maybe he has genuinely learned from his mistakes re some signings in the summer.

Javejag has went very quiet! The time to judge Archie will be at the end of the season and even if we do go down I will be backing him to get us straight back up, even with Sevco and Hearts in the league!,

Edited by Lindau

Javejag has went very quiet! The time to judge Archie will be at the end of the season and even if we do go down I will be backing him to get us straight back up, even with Sevco and Hearts in the league!,

As I indicated I stopped posting after the personal abuse I recieved ....

Saturday was a good result if not our best performance but it's just one win .... Let's see what happens next .... If would be nice to at least get one home win !

As I indicated I stopped posting after the personal abuse I recieved ....

Saturday was a good result if not our best performance but it's just one win .... Let's see what happens next .... If would be nice to at least get one home win !

Bit childish but thats up to you. Would hardly call it personal abuse...lets just say a differing of opinions. Will agree with your last statement, At the end of the day we are all jags fans and should all be aiming for the same.

Serious questions about Archie again today

I'm not sure what training our defence actually do

I'm not sure it's to do with training. They're not up to this level.

We need a centre half brought in during these next few weeks or we're going to struggle.

Our best Centre Half, imo, Muirhead is half fit & playing in midfield.

Neither Piccolo or Balatoni good enough for this league for me.

• Like 1