Archie Must Go ?

javeajag

Just keep this embarrassment of a thread rolling, javeajag ...

I guess you're against Lyle Taylor coming in on loan this morning then?

Why would you say that ? Just to be insulting ? Could be a good signing but inexperienced at this level but unlikely we would get a striker like that anyway

It's not an embarrassing thread we are sliding and people are understandably concerned

Respect other peoples opinions

I know it's goals scored that matter in the end but the other stats in the Well game are very even between the sides.

A lack of firepower up front means that you need to keep things tight at the back which should be a priority area to look at and no doubt they will be working hard to sort this out.

The loan signing of Taylor however is good news and will give Thistle more of an attacking threat up top and help for Doolan.

Get some experience in at the back and hopefully a bit more luck on the pitch will see Thistle through this bad patch.

Plan B might just be to grind some results out to put some points on the board (and at this time it's probably needed) but hopefully the positive football Thistle try to play is always the way the manager wants to keep playing and is rewarded for him doing so.

Another insult try something else

OK I (and probably everyone else) am bored with your inane comments and I wont bite anymore. Thank God the schools are back next week! Back to football chat from now on

Edited by Lindau

An experienced Centre Half is a must in the transfer window. Has Andy Webster got a club yet? Someone like that would be good but comes done to availability and wages.

At Coventry and has played 20 games this season:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Webster

Unless they end up unable to pay tax or wages, he won't be going anywhere.

javeajag, any idea how many posts you've made on this thread? Can you direct us to posts made by you say after the Ross Co game or the games at McDiarmid, Easter Rd or in Inverness. Or home games against Dundee Utd, Celtic, ICT? Not all ideal results but matches where we competed well at our new level.

I've nothing against anyone having an agenda, far from it. I just prefer and respect posters' opinions that have some degree of balanced objectivity.

It's this nonsense that really gets me. Sick of the "lowest budget" excuse every week. Look at the form table the way we r going we will finish 11th n if hearts start picking up points who kn"ows! Can anyone see us going to tynecastle next week n beating a team if hungry young boys with nothing to lose!?

As hard as yesterday's defeat was to take, I'm afraid that "lowest budget excuse" is perfectly valid since it is an inescapable and self evident truth. I'm afraid that's an unwelcome truism for anyone who supports Thistle. I'll admit as someone who is a bit older, if not wiser I did get a wee bit carried away with our early season performances and possibly had unrealistic expectations. That said, this is all part and parcel of being a football suporter and particularly a follower of Partick Thistle. I well remember, being similarly disenchanted with all things Red and Yellow in the nineteen eighties, nonetheless I regained my faith and with it a (usually!) healthy sense of proportion and realism. Being honest, it is unlikely that at least in the short term we're ever going to be able to afford to compete in the upper echelons of the top league in Scottish football. Hard as that is for those of you who are perhaps more innocent, not to mention younger than I to digest'

Before anyone starts railing about defeatism etc. I am not suggesting that we are to take the field expecting to lose, far from it. As someone who predicted a Jag's victory yesterday, I;m as capable of wishful thinking as anyone else. Having listened to Archie's post-match interview I found I agreed with much of what he said. The fact that we have so often suffered through individual errors and failure to take chances is simply an accurate reflection of the quality of player we are able to attract.

As we head to Celtic Park on New Years day, I'm not totally without hope we may well get a humping, but I can live with a humping from a team that's got many times the budget and support we've got. The games that are vital for this club are the ones at Tynecastle and against Ross County, I will defer falling on my sword till then if we do not at least take 4/6 points then I'll panic.

However the Celtic game is a wee treat for us supporters, if the team approach it as a cup tie and play football the way we can then we can regain some pride and self confidence. However, if we go with 10 men behind the ball then I'm afraid we're just asking for a severe doing and what's more we'll deserve one.

If one thing's been self evident this year it's the fact that our best results have come when we play passing attacking football and combine that with solidity at the back. If we do that on Wednesday, we've got a chance if we don't we're screwed.

C'mon the Jag's.

• Like 1

Due to the nature of performances (if not results) we've went into the last two games with confidence, actually expecting to win against teams who were sitting second top of the Scottish League. That tells its own story.

Even the harshest critics would have to concede that dreadful performances have been in the minority.

We are sitting in tenth position which is EXACTLY where most Thistle fans predicted we would be (Forum Poll).

Ambitions beyond tenth place are not for this season's agenda.

Those who would have Archie on the precipice should think on and calm down.

• Like 1

javeajag, any idea how many posts you've made on this thread? Can you direct us to posts made by you say after the Ross Co game or the games at McDiarmid, Easter Rd or in Inverness. Or home games against Dundee Utd, Celtic, ICT? Not all ideal results but matches where we competed well at our new level.

I've nothing against anyone having an agenda, far from it. I just prefer and respect posters' opinions that have some degree of balanced objectivity.

Sure lots.... You will see from my content that I have posted on seven other games this season

I do not have an agenda I actually would love Archie to be successful but in my opinion he was given this role too early and it's now beginning to show and I do not think I am alone in having this view

Probably the best thing is for me to stop posting considering the abuse you get for expressing an opinion other people do not agree with

Motherwell fans say we were unlucky to get pumped 5-1 and we're a better team than St Mirren, Killie, RC and Hearts.

Get the defence sorted and Osbourne back and we'll be fine. Some of those Motherwell goals yesterday were a joke from our point of view but individual mistakes aren't the fault of Archie.

What the **** was Piccolo doing?

Sure lots.... You will see from my content that I have posted on seven other games this season

I do not have an agenda I actually would love Archie to be successful but in my opinion he was given this role too early and it's now beginning to show and I do not think I am alone in having this view

Probably the best thing is for me to stop posting considering the abuse you get for expressing an opinion other people do not agree with

Don't do that.

Forums are all about expressing opinions and respecting others views even if you don't agree with them

The thing with Archie is he might not have the experience but let him gain it and secure 10th and take it on to the next season.

What time scale do you give any new experienced manager before you decide he isn't up to it and want another change?

No point disrupting things just now and although it's all a bit edgy just now it will get better i'm sure.

Could be worse, you could have Super Ally running the show :D

• Like 3

Don't do that.

Forums are all about expressing opinions and respecting others views even if you don't agree with them

The thing with Archie is he might not have the experience but let him gain it and secure 10th and take it on to the next season.

What time scale do you give any new experienced manager before you decide he isn't up to it and want another change?

No point disrupting things just now and although it's all a bit edgy just now it will get better i'm sure.

Could be worse, you could have Super Ally running the show :D

Billko spot on,

Archie hasn't even had a year with this team, he needs at least a full season, plus the support from the club to carry his job out in a professional manner (Financially and structurally). we have the budget of a top 6 CHAMPIONSHIP team, and the support structure of a 1st division team, I would give him till end of next season minimum to prove he can build a team

Billko spot on,

Archie hasn't even had a year with this team, he needs at least a full season, plus the support from the club to carry his job out in a professional manner (Financially and structurally). we have the budget of a top 6 CHAMPIONSHIP team, and the support structure of a 1st division team, I would give him till end of next season minimum to prove he can build a team

Agree totally, however that is obviously dependent on beating crap teams like Hearts etc. It would be totally unfair to judge Archie solely on his efforts against Motherwell and Celtic or any other "top" team. That said I still expect us to be able to compete and not throw the towel in like we did in the second half yesterday.

Agree totally, however that is obviously dependent on beating crap teams like Hearts etc. It would be totally unfair to judge Archie solely on his efforts against Motherwell and Celtic or any other "top" team. That said I still expect us to be able to compete and not throw the towel in like we did in the second half yesterday.

Lets remember Macnamaras 1st full season in charge (2011-12) he got us to 6th and only won 1/3rd of the games, he brought in 19 players, and several of them were duds, several were good too, but he was given time to build and improve and it worked.

Archie needs the same

• Like 1

Billko spot on,

Thistle have under achieved for years and ignored the youth side of things etc but this set up is night and day compared to last season and although it's still early days the playing style is fantastic to watch at times.

Excelllent coaching and a set up that will just keep getting better and better.

The foundations are being laid for a set up that will attract good quality footballers to the club that would previously not have considered the club as an option.

Folk are now seeing Thistle become serious players in the youth side of things with the manager very much involved in it and this is going to be really important for Thistle's future.

The manager must get the backing to add to his squad that hopefully achieves top flight football for next season so they can carry on with the plan he has for the club.

Even though panic is setting in just now with some, the club is in a good place these days and i think has an exciting future

Patience is key in all this and it won't all happen overnight.

Staying in top flight football will be important for the club to take the next step and games against Hearts and Ross County will be like cup finals, but everyone needs to get behind what the club are trying to do.

• Like 4

Thistle have under achieved for years and ignored the youth side of things etc but this set up is night and day compared to last season and although it's still early days the playing style is fantastic to watch at times.

The foundations are being laid for a set up that will attract good quality footballers to the club that would previously not have considered the club as an option.

Folk are now seeing Thistle become serious players in the youth side of things with the manager very much involved in it and this is going to be really important for Thistle's future.

The manager must get the backing to add to his squad that hopefully achieves top flight football for next season so they can carry on with the plan he has for the club.

Even though panic is setting in just now with some, the club is in a good place these days and i think has an exciting future

Staying in top flight football will be important for the club to take the next step and games against Hearts and Ross County will be like cup finals, but everyone needs to get behind what the club are trying to do.

Spot on.

Onwards & upwards.

• Like 1

Just the kind of post to buck us Jags fans up Thanks!

• Like 1