Archie Must Go ?

javeajag

No, if we continue as we are we will be 10th exactly, because that's where we are now.

You are choosing to focus on recent bad form and leaving out our earlier good form. We are just as likely to replicate our early form as we are our recent bad form over the next while.

One in in 15 if we replicate that we are doomed

Just in and kinda surprised to see circa 100 posts re this topic. Had to scroll thru so much drivel to see about every third post is from one poster clearly on an agenda.

Higginbotham & Lawless missed sitters two games running. Misses that likely cost us 5 points. Had Jose Mourinho or Pep Guardiola been the manager are we to assume they wouldn't have missed?

We were turned over today by a team of experienced top League professionals whose experienced manager rightly described their performance as clinical. Their street-wise players defended sensibly and buried their chances. I'm not sure what some Thistle fans were expecting from this season - we have an inexperienced team and management and it was inevitable that we might take a few drubbings. We have played some decent football and not got the results we have deserved.

I would love to agree with the sentiment of this but I feel there is more to todays defeat than just being turned over by a more experienced team. The problems are far deeper than that.We were played off the park today but we have lost games in which we have dominated with the same recurring errors and mistakes and yet week in week out we are failing to rectify them to any extent and in fact seem to be getting worse.

The worst thing about today was that it looked like the players quite frankly didnt know what their jobs were and that is damning. Your players can be Sh1te , but at least be sh1te and organised.

When we lose the ball in the opposition half it looks like the keystone cops trying to get back and defend.

The amount of times we lose the same goal is staggering....full back looses the ball up the field attacking out of position , ball over the top, central defender comes across leaving the gap , ball into opposition forward, goal.

Yes the managers really , really have to step it up now.Whatever theyre doing with the players in training isnt working in an organisational sense.

Hope they are in tomorrow at 8 o'clock and do nothing but defending drills for the next couple of days until the celtic game.That looks like a damage limitation excercise now.

Cmon Archie, finger oot time.

Edited by angry gaz

When we lose the ball in the opposition half it looks like the keystone cops trying to get back and defend.

The amount of times we lose the same goal is staggering....full back looses the ball up the field attacking out of position , ball over the top, central defender comes across leaving the gap , ball into opposition forward, goal.

None of the five goals we lost today bore any resemblance to this though...and we didn't lose any goals to free headers from set pieces either. All five goals were too easily conceded though - poor defending by every member of the back four. I don't think that either Balatoni or Piccolo are good enough for this level - for me the major test for Archie is to recognise and remedy this.

Has Archie been given the funds, resources, tools to do the job this season?

At least Jackie had a scout and more coaches than Archie?

He has less at his disposal than half the 1st division teams do, that fault lands solely at the table of the board, if Archie was given a crack at it, with funds, training facilities, a scout FFS!!! And failed then yes judge him, but he's boxing one handed and his support is finishing early goe Xmas

Has Archie been given the funds, resources, tools to do the job this season?

At least Jackie had a scout and more coaches than Archie?

He has less at his disposal than half the 1st division teams do, that fault lands solely at the table of the board, if Archie was given a crack at it, with funds, training facilities, a scout FFS!!! And failed then yes judge him, but he's boxing one handed and his support is finishing early goe Xmas

Rubbish .... We have recruited the players Archie wanted very few have been good and despite having two defenders as coaches we are awful st the back

Rubbish .... We have recruited the players Archie wanted very few have been good and despite having two defenders as coaches we are awful st the back

We recruited without a scout --- fault of the board

No training facilities to swing deals in our favour -- fault of the boards

Lack of competitive wages due to not maximizing income --- fault of the board

We recruited without a scout --- fault of the board

No training facilities to swing deals in our favour -- fault of the boards

Lack of competitive wages due to not maximizing income --- fault of the board

If you believe that then you believe no other manager would achieve more than Archie and that is rubbish

None of the five goals we lost today bore any resemblance to this though...and we didn't lose any goals to free headers from set pieces either. All five goals were too easily conceded though - poor defending by every member of the back four. I don't think that either Balatoni or Piccolo are good enough for this level - for me the major test for Archie is to recognise and remedy this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otland/25545254

25 seconds to 1 min 40 seconds tells you how predictable we are and how the majority of the teams in the league setup against us. This is after the initial start to the season when we gathered the majority of points. Its now a case of diminishing returns, unless we change the system or there's a considerable improvement in the players abilities and form to make the system work.

Edited by banderas

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/25482620

Interview with Archie is on the bottom left. Again, saying all the right things and sounds far from happy. Will we learn from it though?

Like he says, the goals came down to individual errors. The team does need changing.

But apart from Hearts we must have the smallest squad in the league. Who is there to bring in? Sure, Balatoni, Piccolo, and others might need a serious rest, but if the manager doesn't have anyone to replace them with, then what the f**k's he meant to do? He can bollock them out all week, and it's not going to stop O'Donnell getting the pish ripped out of him or make ATS actually cross a ball properly.

This thread should really be The Board Must Help Archie Next Month.

A lot has been said on this topic and without wishing to duplicate anything that's already been said.... I don't believe any of us were expecting fireworks this season, but I personally thought we would have improved enough to be able to at least compete on a game by game basis with the likes of Aberdeen/Arabs/Motherwell. I don't mean beating them, I just mean competing. However apart from the Utd draw on the opening day of the season, we have been otherwise outclassed each time. The blame for that IMO lies with Archie's signings and those he kept/released. Buying Baird and Piccolo for example, but releasing Steven Craig and Andy Dowie made no sense to me at the time and still doesn't. I don't want Archie sacked but he needs to learn from his mistakes and not repeat as many in future transfers windows. At the end of the day, we have to accept that Archie will be staying for the full season and on that basis get behind him and the team to try and attain that 10th spot at worst. That's what I'll be doing. C'mon the Jags!