Just In . 'well Humiliation

angry gaz

Home before the game finished for the first time ever.Total shambles of a team performance form the Lawless goal onwards.Out thought and out played in every part of the game.

Archie's decision to take off Elliot for Forbes that early was a joke.It seemed it was to accommodate the increasingly pointless Higgy on the other wing.One of Archie's worst desicions so far.Forbes has the heart of a mouse.

The worst back four performance I've seen since the days of the Bunnet.Can conrad get his feet off the ground? Every player was completely out muscled today and our final ball and passing was hopeless.No use having the ball in the last third if you just give it straight back to them.

Fox has a fundamental error in his goalkeeping too.I've never seen a keeper beaten so easily and consistently by forwards running in at an angle.He stands still and makes himself smaller.Really wonder about the standard of coaching at Firhill these days .There is so many basics wrong in all areas of the team

Almost everything was wrong today,as bad as I've seen under any manager and Archie needs to stand up and be counted.If he's not read the riot act so far to these guys then he needs to now but he must accept blame for the tactics.

Hope the management have it in them to turn it around but they need to up the standard of everything they are doing from coaching to tactics.

Didn't think we were awful in the first half - should never have been 3-1 down. Again, the difference was they took their chances. They were also more 'professional' than us, which certainly led to their 3rd.

2nd half performance was a shambles, but once 4th went in it was game over.

However, the most disappointing thing today was sections of the North Stand sarcastically 'ole-ing' when we passed the ball & having a real go at Baird in particular. Certainly won't help & to be honest was more embarrassing than the game. Not exactly the '12th man'...

Absolute ******* disgrace. Never seen such a capitulation in a long long time. All self inflicted - powder puff defence, powder puff going forward. Every single player needs to be still in the dressing room getting a strip taken off them.

Get Gallagher in goal for next few games, get Muirhead back in instead of Balatoni, ATS can go to Bolton or Parkhead tonight. Forbes and Baird can both share a taxi to anywhere away from Maryhill.

And its the first time I've criticised the management team - but if Elliott wasn't injured, why take him off so early and replace him with a prick?

And why no change in tactics?

Very poor, and I really fear for Weds. If Well can take 5 off us, we could be looking at a double digit defeat.

Still really angry!

First time I have criticised the management team but as 2 ex-defenders, they should be able to coach the basics in defence far, far better than they are doing atm. Piccolo had an absolute shocker today - after looking OK lately. Was he actually wearing clown shoes or was that just my imagination? Was there a night out last night which everyone except Doolan, Fox and Lawless got trashed at?

Turning point was Well's 3rd - blatant foul in the build up. Nae luck for us, as usual. However, our defence is an utter sieve. That must be the priority before we strengthen our attack.

Dreading the Celtic game now, but (again) one tiny silver (or tinfoil) lining today is that Ross County stay 4 behind us. Can we beat them with this defence tho??

Absolute ******* disgrace. Never seen such a capitulation in a long long time. All self inflicted - powder puff defence, powder puff going forward. Every single player needs to be still in the dressing room getting a strip taken off them.

Get Gallagher in goal for next few games, get Muirhead back in instead of Balatoni, ATS can go to Bolton or Parkhead tonight. Forbes and Baird can both share a taxi to anywhere away from Maryhill.

And its the first time I've criticised the management team - but if Elliott wasn't injured, why take him off so early and replace him with a prick?

And why no change in tactics?

Very poor, and I really fear for Weds. If Well can take 5 off us, we could be looking at a double digit defeat.

Still really angry!

Agree with most of what you say, but Fox could maybe have done better for 1 of the goals today (the 2nd). We have many problems but Fox aint one of them!

• Like 1

Well what can I say? In the eight years, week in, week out, I've gone to watch Thistle, I have never

left early from a game. Until today. 20mins early to be exact.

Dominated the game for the opening 10mins, and in truth could have had three goals. But surprise, surprise! First chance they get, they score. Second chance they get, they score. Third chance they get, they score! Every game this season the same. The opposition seem to score with the very first chance they get.

The defending was comical today. An absolute disaster!

At times we moved the ball around well in the midfield, but the move would always break down from either a rubbish ATS cross, or poor Doolan being absolutely isolated. Maybe we shouldn't wait until we are 4-1 down before bringing on a second striker...just a thought! I could honestly rant all evening, but I'm too sickened. Away for a beer...

For me McMillan was badly missed today, his positional sense and defensive ability is far beyond O'Donnell. Muirhead also surely has to come back in to play alongside Piccolo. He seems to be a much better communicator plus he can actually cover some ground and doesn't seem afraid of a challenge like Balatoni. The gap between the two central defenders was a joke today and basically led Motherwell to have as many chances through the middle as they wanted.

Agree with most of what you say, but Fox could maybe have done better for 1 of the goals today (the 2nd). We have many problems but Fox aint one of them!

Fox was absolutley honkin today.Said it earlier he has a flaw in his game when strikers run in on the angle.He crouches up into a tiny ball and then stops and falls backwards.It should have been coached right out of him at this level.

He's also far far too quite. He should have been tearing a strip off of some of his defenders today for their positioning but then again the whole defence seems almost mute .

One of our big problems is there is no one in command at the back, no organiser or leader.Priorotry number one signing has to be a dominant central defender or we're down.

Edited by angry gaz

First time I have criticised the management team but as 2 ex-defenders, they should be able to coach the basics in defence far, far better than they are doing atm. Piccolo had an absolute shocker today - after looking OK lately. Was he actually wearing clown shoes or was that just my imagination? Was there a night out last night which everyone except Doolan, Fox and Lawless got trashed at?

Turning point was Well's 3rd - blatant foul in the build up. Nae luck for us, as usual. However, our defence is an utter sieve. That must be the priority before we strengthen our attack.

Dreading the Celtic game now, but (again) one tiny silver (or tinfoil) lining today is that Ross County stay 4 behind us. Can we beat them with this defence tho??

Your entitled to your opinion mate but if you dont mind me asking what made you think Fox had a good game? I thought he was awful

Didnt think Doolan was very good either - though fair play to Kris he never stops trying.

One positive for me was Lawless who deservedly was our man of the match

Totally agree, that was Lawless back to something like his best, which was the only plus today. Not quite sure why he was subbed so early, same with Elliot

Edited by Lindau

Your entitled to your opinion mate but if you dont mind me asking what made you think Fox had a good game? I thought he was awful

Didnt think Doolan was very good either - though fair play to Kris he never stops trying.

Agree re Lawless. If he wasn't exhausted/injured then subbing him was totally mental.

I didn't say I thought Fox was good - but wouldn't say he had a nightmare either. 2nd went through his legs; the damage had already been done for the other goals, and he made a couple of saves. I don't think bringing Gallacher in for him would help the team at this stage of the campaign, either.

Just watched the Alba showing of the game (couldn't make it today and didn't know the score). Thought that we closed them down well enough early in the game and looked good going forward. Also first 10 mins of second half we did the same. However, we have a few big problems that we need to fix.

(1) Central defence. In my opinion, we don't have a single SPFL quality central defender. That's not to say that any of our current players don't have potential, but they're getting shown up by anyone with a bit of quality.

(2) Set pieces, I can't remember the last time that we threatened goal from a set piece.

(3) Players that flatter to deceive in the SPFL - Higgenbotham, Forbes, Aaron Taylor Sinclair - how many chances do these guys actually create?!

Lawless, Craigan, Bannagan and S'OD were alright today. Doolan had a rare poor game, didn't look likely to get on the end of anything. Baird looks hopeless, think his confidence must have gone completely by now. Shame we took off Elliot for Forbes. I did have a horrible feeling at that point that we'd be on the wrong end of a hammering. Forbes never wins the ball and is slow. Great feet, but too slow for the SPFL. Shame, as he was outstanding in a couple of our biggest games last year. Elliot tracks back and is quick.

Time for a re-think against the better SPFL teams. We should be playing fast players and looking to hit on the break. We're far to easy to break through otherwise.

A complete farce today. Scott Fox seems to be a decent shot stopper from long range efforts but anything at any kind of angle is a goal. Defensively we are a shambles, o'donnell is a shaddow of the player he was and I think we can put to bed the myth Piccolo is a footballer, Balatoni & Muirhead unfortunately are not up to this level but it still lies with the management who are defenders,surely the basics can't be hard to teach.

What I find most annoying is our managements naievity,do they think we are still playing first divison teams? The lack of respect shown to teams and the doings we are getting from them is a joke,they are not learning and sending the team out every week with no game plan at all on how to combat better teams.

• Like 1

So much wrong I don't have the time to write it.

I'd bring in Gallagher.

One thing Archie did correct was hoof Elliot.

Stuck with the rest of the team and manager unfortunately.

Playoffs a certainty. Let's hope we don't get Dundee or Hamilton. Only chance will be if Livi get to finals. Absolute joke, comedy, embarrassment today.

That was a sore one!! 1st 15 mins we were flying, then the defence capitulates. Still was really tough going in 3-1 down. 2nd half we come out the traps and hit them with everything we have and then the defence capitulates again. In the end could have been 7-8.

Fox...poor game, still no comfy coming off his line, and needs to spread his self better when coming out at an angle.

SOD...a few times he was getting overrun on his side of the park, not much forward runs and never contributed much today. Think he is still a little bit rusty from his injury.

Balatoni...shocking today, if he isn't on his arse slipping, he is 2 steps behind the forward, cos it takes him all day to turn and nothing today suggests he is a commanding centre half.

Piccolo....poor game, him and balatoni were being stretched all over the place. Poor distribution today as well.

ATS... Don't think the boy got 1 cross in all day, think teams are starting to suss him out now. Got done a few times down his side of the park.

Elliot...hard to judge on 29 min, 1 shocking attempted switch ball, just before their opening goal, but don't think he deserved to be taken off after 29 min.

Bannigan...put a hard shift in today and thought he had a decent game.

Higgy....not much of a threat today or even in the last few games. I honestly think the guy try's too hard. He has to lift his head and bring team mates into the play more often.

Craigen....didn't show much today, was involved in our goal, lately bossed him 90% of the game.

Lawless....best thistle player by a good bit. His touches and wee flicks are a delight, and the last couple of games he has started using his weight and muscling players off the ball.

Dools....ran all day, but nothing happened for him today. Bad day at the office.

Forbes....did hee haw the 1 hr he was on.

Baird...feel sorry for him some times, he is the scapegoat amongst some of our support. Confidence must be low, but now some fans giving it ola every time he touches it.....embarrassing !!!!

A couple of questions...why was Elliot taken off after 29 min and why take our best player off after 60 min? None of them looked injured during the game and both didn't look to have a knock when they came out of Firhill after the game.

Edited by JaggyMad

"However, the most disappointing thing today was sections of the North Stand sarcastically 'ole-ing' when we passed the ball & having a real go at Baird in particular. Certainly won't help & to be honest was more embarrassing than the game. Not exactly the '12th man'..."

Agree completely with this. Deeply embarrassing.

"However, the most disappointing thing today was sections of the North Stand sarcastically 'ole-ing' when we passed the ball & having a real go at Baird in particular. Certainly won't help & to be honest was more embarrassing than the game. Not exactly the '12th man'..."

Agree completely with this. Deeply embarrassing.

Pity it wasn't Baird in particular. The majority of abuse was aimed at Sinclair,

Unfortunately with North Stand "ole" shouts it just shows when a section of a club support start to think they are "special" then unfortunately they "jump the shark". No fans should criticise a player like that. The guy will be on about £500 a week, say £20k to £30k a year and is a scapegoat who is made to feel small by a minority of faceles people. It doesn't matter if he is a footballer it's a form of bullying. I respect your support of the club and your passion for the team but this is not the way to behave.