Shuggie's Loan Up Soon.

potty trained

A lot of folk having been crying out for someone that our management team can call on, an experienced head.

Shuggie's loan is up in a week or two. Would it be a good idea to bring him back to the club and also giving him a coaching role?

He wouldn't be undermining the management the way bringing in a Director of Football would, and there's very few folk in the game just now who have a decades experience of bottom half top division football in Scotland the way he does.

Edited by potty trained

It couldn't hurt if he wanted to be involved with the coaching side of things, especially as when you read interviews with some of the players Shug seems to be incredibly popular and good for morale in the dressing room.

I'd prefer him as an option to Mark Kerr in the playing squad too tbh. If we needed someone to come on late on and tighten it up by keeping possession I know who I'd have more confidence in. Is he back fit and playing? I read the Dumbarton fans on P&B raving about how well he was playing at the start of his loan but then he got what sounded like a bad injury

I would have a fit Shug in the team before Forbes or Kerr anyday

ARE YOU ON DRUGS? I THINK ITS TIME FOR BED.

I think his point was specifically in regard to the defensive midfield roll, unless you think forbes has that, shed blood for the club attitude that would see him go through a man as the last line of defence?

Has forbes tackled anyone in his time at the club?

Ozzy seems to be out for the full season. It might be 2016 by the time welsh is match fit at this rate, Fraser is going back to Bolton and we are playing a young boy in that role, who we brought to the club as an attacking mid/forward.

If Banzo has to drop to left back if Sinclair leaves... I'd have murray in the defensive midfield role before forbes or Kerr.

Edited by potty trained

What a pity if we don't see Osbourne play again this season. He alone has been worth the entrance fee in a good number of matches this season. The perennially injured Welsh is appearing more of a liability than an asset, while Forbes has shown convincingly that he has neither the potential nor the tenacity for this level of football. As for Kerr, I've seen him only once and it was a horrendous display.

Would any of our first-team players automatically displace a player in the equivalent position at any other club in our league? I doubt it. The potential is definitely there in several of them, but without a steadying, commanding central defender and another experienced striker the youngsters have been thrown in at the deep end, and they are clearly now struggling to stay afloat (Andy Dowie would have been a safe bet for this season, if not in the longer term). Time to ship out a few of the passengers and start afresh with a few hopefully better players.

His legs had gone after the first quarter of games last year. That's why JM moved Paton into that role.

His 2 sending offs vs Morton summed up the rest of his season.

As for his addition to coaching staff, he's less experience in that role than current incumbents!

Not that it's going to happen anyway but a bit of a bizarre suggestion to start with for me!!

A DoF type I think would help, not that I see it happening.

If it was to then my suggestion would be to ask Ian McCall (yeah I know but...!!)

His legs had gone after the first quarter of games last year. That's why JM moved Paton into that role.

His 2 sending offs vs Morton summed up the rest of his season.

As for his addition to coaching staff, he's less experience in that role than current incumbents!

Not that it's going to happen anyway but a bit of a bizarre suggestion to start with for me!!

A DoF type I think would help, not that I see it happening.

If it was to then my suggestion would be to ask Ian McCall (yeah I know but...!!)

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I have no idea if the Times has got its facts correct about Murray staying on in Dumbarton are not.

If so then I would like to thank him for the part he played both on and off the pitch in getting us promoted.

It's Baird this year, and it was Shuggie Murray last year - seems too many of us want a scapegoat. Yes maybe he could have been better in avoiding red cards but same could be said about plenty of players in the past including Archie even or elgends like Rowson.

Murray played a part on and off the pitch last year in our achievement of promotion so if he is away and I will await confirmation then he goes with my thanks and best wishes. Even if he is staying with Dumbarton I am not sure they are full time so he may be able to still do some training or coaching with our lads.

I think his point was specifically in regard to the defensive midfield roll, unless you think forbes has that, shed blood for the club attitude that would see him go through a man as the last line of defence?

Has forbes tackled anyone in his time at the club?

Ozzy seems to be out for the full season. It might be 2016 by the time welsh is match fit at this rate, Fraser is going back to Bolton and we are playing a young boy in that role, who we brought to the club as an attacking mid/forward.

If Banzo has to drop to left back if Sinclair leaves... I'd have murray in the defensive midfield role before forbes or Kerr.

Has Murray (or Osborne for that matter) scored a goal for Thistle...or even had a shot on target...or played an incisive pass or cross...or turned a game (Ramsden's Final)? Forbes has real footballing ability but has been a disappointment this season...and probably throughout his career. It's a bit daft to rubbish him as a candidate for a running and tackling role.

Murray is exactly what we lacked against Motherwell. I'm still convinced he can do a job with us. His role, authority and ability to let others play while doing the dirty work is exactly what we need. I'd definitely have him back. Osbourne and welsh are so injury prone I think Murray is good to have around with his experience. I still think he's the reason we got promoted last season.

Murray is exactly what we lacked against Motherwell. I'm still convinced he can do a job with us. His role, authority and ability to let others play while doing the dirty work is exactly what we need. I'd definitely have him back. Osbourne and welsh are so injury prone I think Murray is good to have around with his experience. I still think he's the reason we got promoted last season.

It's all about opinions, but can't say I agree with most of the points raised here. Murray dropped out of the team when we where behind in the table and didn't play any part in the crucial end of season games when we came into our own. The way we conceded against Motherwell would also take a real commanding performance from one individual to make any real difference, I haven't seen anything from Murray in his short time at Firhill to suggest he was capable of that.

Can't comment on his presence around the dressing room other than to say that Archie obviously doesn't value it or at least is looking for more value from his budget than someone just around the place not offering any potential to play.

:lol:

Player Coach role at Dumbarton perhaps?

Morton are always on the look out for experienced players :)

Altho' we're struggling in his position with Ossie, Welsh & Fraser all out I'm not really surprised to see Shuggie released. He helped the team out greatly on and off the pitch early last season. I think he was key to bringing Paton on in central mid, so imo Murray was an integral component to our success.