Hearts V Jags

The Cup

aye hearts have been blocking everything, if we had done the same against Ledley we would have had an extra point! Sunday won't be an easy game. I was hoping for a Stevenson/Hammill/ Paterson Red card but its not happened! it's the usual derby game performance, hopefully they'll be shite when we come calling!

Almost double our home attendance on Boxing Day? I'd say half that if we're lucky.

I think Jags On Tour said 4-500, meaning 400-500, not 4500 ;)

Hopefully we can get over 500, we were noisy and positive at Easter Road in December.

Edited by mhs

Hearts are a dreadful team but were made to look a bit better tonight because Hibs display equally hammer-throwing qualities. A highly contested physical battle suits them perfectly, so hopefully our more 'adventurous' football, ineffective as it has been for most of this season, can finally cause some problems. I don't think we'll suddenly score four goals out of nowhere but hopefully Lyle Taylor and possibly even another signing before the game can give us the shot in the arm we need to find a goal or two for a narrow victory. We definitely need one because the pressure going into the next couple of games after failing to beat Hearts would be huge.

• Like 1

How many do you's think we will take to Hearts game?

couple of dozen either side of 1k

important game, on back of much improved performance, against team where 3 points could go long way to seeing us go on run of form, big performance from players backed by big vocal jags support required, we're all in this together, so unite we must

eta: plus tynecastle is decent stadium, right on top of pitch, good atmosphere generator, plus one of the better away days. all points to around 1k jags. more would be superb. they brought around 2k to us and were loud and gave their team great backing, if we could surpass my 1k prediction, and be louder, we could be the 12th man and the difference.

Edited by yoda-jag

exactly will. could be humdinger of a game, that's why the bigger and louder our support can be, the better for the players, they showed a spirited and much improved performance yesterday )players and fans), and same again is required in this game. difference being i beleive we will get the 3 points this time. that's why anyone swaying whether to go or not, i say show your support and belief in these players and get yourself to gorgie on sunday and help the players kick hearts (not literally) to hell. we know the players have it in them (we seen it plenty last season and have seen it in games or passages of play this season), let's kickstart our season, new year new upwards rise.

• Like 1

I see the St Johnstone game is now rearranged for January as well. So that's us playing the entire bottom half of the league this month. There can't be a better opportunity to cement our place in the division. All the possession, all the chances we've made, it's time for it all to fall into place.

There can be absolutely no excuses for failing to beat Hertz at Swinecastle. With all due acknowledgement of their heroic fighting qualities which undoubtedly won them WW1, they are in fact a truly awful football team, The exact antithesis of everything our team has tried to achieve this year. I think by and large our supporters, have been fairly accepting of our failings in this season. Accepting lack of on field success, as the necessary prerequisite for building a side which actually tries to play football. That being so, however, there can be no acceptance of failure in the next few games. Failure to secure maximum points or at the very least a draw on Sunday will in my opinion once more throw the spotlight on the position of the management team. I'm not for one minute saying that failure to win on Sunday should mean the end for Archie and co. However, above all we must never again bottle it like we did on Boxing Day. I simply want to stress the importance of the next few games, I do think we will beat Hertz on Sunday and should do the same to County in what undoubtedly will be a bruising game. What really sickens me is the thought of this team with so much potential, going down to crap like Killie etc.

Edited by stillresigned
  • Like 1

That would be great,...... but does anybody really think that we could win 4 games in a row having failed to win a single game in the last 15?

Our form is rotten. The worst Hearts team in their recent history have picked up only 2 less points than we have.

We need to start winning and I think if we can a win on Sunday we can go on a run.

Ross County have signed the Slovakian U21 captain on loan from Cardiff. With all their signings I can see them starting to pick up points.

Hearts will be targeting this game as the one where they finally get into the positive points zone. They'll be well up for it. It's going to be a really tough game.

Correct. We need our players to be utterly single-minded and apply 100% positivity and concentration. If they do, we have an excellent chance of getting 3pts.

Last chance saloon for Hearts. They will come out all guns blazing. Hopefully this will allow us to hit them on the break and get a much needed win.

No predictions apart from it should be an incident packed game. The beauty and the beast ;)

Last chance saloon for Hearts. They will come out all guns blazing. Hopefully this will allow us to hit them on the break and get a much needed win.

No predictions apart from it should be an incident packed game. The beauty and the beast ;)

I think Hearts will do the opposite - they will pack their defence, sit back and hit us on the counter attack. Locke will set out to not concede and hope they can sneak a goal. Hopefully the strength, height and pace of Taylor will hassle them and help break them down.

If Hearts have a go, I think it will suit us and we will get goals.

I agree that it will probably be an incident packed game and I am looking forward to it but I am also nervous!

Edited to add... Hamill being suspended is a boost for us!

Edited by mhs