Hearts V Jags

The Cup

I am quite nervous about this game, although it's importance cannot be underestimated, Archie needs to ensure the players keep the heid, throughout. Our away performances have been pretty good overall with only visits to Pittodrie and Tannidice being below par but we do need to take our chances. A good win here would boost morale for everyone; be it players, management and fans and allow us to believe we can start moving up the table. C'mon the Jags!!!!!

Looking at the league table hearts -2 points

If the beat us they go plus 1

Let's not kid ourselves they will come at us from the off

Big home support absolutely nothing to lose this is gonna be a bloody hard game for us

I feel that we will be more under pressure on Sunday to secure the win

Let's hope Archie gets his team selection and game plan right

I'll be there cheering on the jags. Fingers crossed away win 3 pts

Btw Terrible forecast for Sunday

A cheeky wee fiver?

So we're now on ten competitive games without a win.

The last guy to do that?

John McVeigh in 1998. His run stopped at ten, exactly. His next game was won 2-0 against Airdrie.

Before that?

It was John Lambie in 1993. His run also stopped at ten, exactly. His next game was won 2-0 against Dundee.

So... Hearts 0 Jags 2 - it's got to be worth a cheeky wee fiver. ;)

• Like 3

I reckon we will be 2nd bottom prior to this match as I expect County to beat St Johnstone on Saturday so the pressure is gonna be on. We really need the three points badly on Sunday and the players need to step up to the plate big time. Confident they can do it with hopefully a big jags crowd cheering the team on!

Partick Thistle striker Lyle Taylor: "The manager has told me that my job is to hold the ball up and put it in the net.

"The way I see it, that is any centre forward's job, it is not a new role, it is nothing that I am not used to. I want to score goals, that is my job.

"There are a lot of opportunities being created, we just haven't been able to put the ball in the net enough times to pick up more points.

"I have been given the opportunity and I want repay the faith shown in me by the manager and put the ball in the net.

"We made a few chances against Celtic but if we play like that against lesser teams we will make more chances.

"That is the aim and if we do that every week then I think we will be okay."

Edited by The Cup

Ross County have just beaten St.Johnstone by 1-0. Truly awful game, but that is now back to back wins for them, so we need to get our act together pronto as we move into the Play-Off Spot.

Hope Archie gets his signing targets in ASAP, and not half way into January when the opportunity is gone to capitalise on the run of home games we have.

Watched Hibs and Hearts game the other night, and on that basis, The Jambos will be happy to absorb pressure and hit us on the break. Will need to be regimented, but I would really want to be throwing on two strikers at some point in the game. More than able to get 3pts from this one, and would expect nothing less to be honest, but will need to be patient and grind them down.

Agree with what others have said: this is make or break for Hearts. We should win the game, but only if the players avoid being provoked into partaking in a hackfest. I predict at least one red card in what will be a blood and thunder match; hopefully it's one of theirs that receives it.