Gary Fraser

Heelan'jag

I first seen him against DUTD and thought 'where did we find this guy?' he was superb against County aswell, he looked like an EPL player playing in Scotland . dunno what happened after the Hearts game, he gave the ball away then they scored but as far as I remember he didn't have a bad game then he's frozen out then the suspension. good bit of business by Archie, hopefully he'll get clearance to play tomorrow though I doubt he will be match fit.

I thought he was fouled when he lost the ball for the Hearts goal!

Don't know why we bothered rushing through the signing. Osbourne, Welsh and Bannigan out and he is on the bench. Midfield have a poor game and he doesn't even come on!

Maybe he isn't "match fit" but still seems confusing. Good to have him back at Firhill on a long deal though.

You never know a certain Manager residing at Tannadice may have been circling

Regardless of whether or not Fraser was 'match-fit' he was fit, he's been training with us up to around a week/10 days ago. Even if he hasn't trained at all in last few days, he's a young man & as such will be fit.ven through his suspension he was stil playing regularly with the u20s.

He knows the team, he knows the system.

He would've been a better option in the second half when we couldn't keep hold of the ball.

Why sign him yesterday? I'm assuming Archie's been trying to tie deal down since Banzo red card last week so he's got him, he's got clearance so why was he not given the last 25mins at least.

Wrong call to leave him on bench for me.

Find the hype about Gary Fraser a little bit bizarre, 19yr old player who played 14 times for Hamilton Accies and 4 times for us before he got taken off against Motherwell at half time after being bossed by Keith Lasley. Never played for the first team after that seemingly out of Archie's plans, he then lets himself and the club down in the u20s game and gets suspended. His suspension is now up and we sign him on a 2 and 1/2 year deal , don't really know what has changed Archie's thinking !

Find the hype about Gary Fraser a little bit bizarre, 19yr old player who played 14 times for Hamilton Accies and 4 times for us before he got taken off against Motherwell at half time after being bossed by Keith Lasley. Never played for the first team after that seemingly out of Archie's plans, he then lets himself and the club down in the u20s game and gets suspended. His suspension is now up and we sign him on a 2 and 1/2 year deal , don't really know what has changed Archie's thinking !

If you were at the Dundee Utd and Hearts games at the start of the season you would know what all the fuss is about. Fraser was the best player on the park in both games despite making a mistake that let Hearts back in. After these games Thistle were inundated with enquiries about him. If you don't rate Fraser then I suspect you haver never kicked a ball in your life!

If you were at the Dundee Utd and Hearts games at the start of the season you would know what all the fuss is about. Fraser was the best player on the park in both games despite making a mistake that let Hearts back in. After these games Thistle were inundated with enquiries about him. If you don't rate Fraser then I suspect you haver never kicked a ball in your life!

didn't say I didn't rate him said I couldn't believe the hype after 4 games with us,did Archibald play him after the Motherwell game ? , if he was as good as you're making out would he have signed for us or would he have had more options

Are you seriously doubting Fraser's ability as a footballer? How many times have you seen this guy play?

Are you seriously doubting Fraser's ability as a footballer? How many times have you seen this guy play?

not doubting his ability as a young player coming through ,probably seen him the same amount of times as yourself the 4 games he's played in the first team . Why didn't he play after that ? Is he seriously worth the hype after 4 games ?

not doubting his ability as a young player coming through ,probably seen him the same amount of times as yourself the 4 games he's played in the first team . Why didn't he play after that ? Is he seriously worth the hype after 4 games ?

Thought he didn't play for a week or two as he picked up a knock and then with Ozzie playing so well and his suspension there was no chance he could play for the 1st team, he's an excellent signing and can definitely play the game well so I understand why folk are asking why he didn't get a bit of game time today, I wasn't there so can't really comment much - but he does have ability, doesn't shirk a tackle and has the energy to work hard, create and chase so why not put him on with instructions to do that whilst not being too adventurous and try to protect what we had (a 2 goal or 1 goal lead)?

You ask two good questions. I don't have an answer to either. So apologies for previous post. :thumbsup2:

I think he's worth the hype. You don't need to have watched a player for 20 games to recognise the talent that they have. At 19 it's likely that he will make the odd mistake, lose form occasionally and need a few games on the bench, but he's already shown that he can dictate the tempo of a game and his range of passing is superb. Just my opinion though; time will tell.

Surely the point was yesterday we needed a midfielder to play in the midfield?

Midfield being overrun, 2nd half esp when we were 3-2 up.

So do you ignore the problem or do you bring on your midfielder?

Regardless of whether or not you think he's worth the 'hype', he is a better option than both Forbes & Kerr.

• Like 1

• Members

We started missing the midfield out at 3-2 and started hoofing the ball up to Taylor who by that time was starting to show the effects of lots of effort in the first half. County were able to build from the back and start using their more experienced midfield players. At first I thought Adams was settling for a draw taking off a forward for a midfielder, but thinking about it after, I reckon he was just piling the pressure on a rapidly tiring Jags midfield, looking for us to crack again.