Erskine Back

CCjag

Good to see him going to a club where he's obviously loved, he seems like a decent guy.

I'll be honest though, you should tamper your expectations for his return, because he hasn't looked even remotely good enough to play at this level during his time at Tannadice, He's looked far too slow, both physically and mentally, whenever he's played for us. I'll be honest and say he's quite possibly the worst player I've ever seen pull on the Tangerine shirt, and we've had our share of diddies over the years.

As I say, really hope this move works well for him, but I'd be pretty surprised if it did.

Yep fingers crossed he can step up to this level

All this lack of confidence stuff can disappear right now - the big man's back in the arms of his loving family. That's all he needs.

:thumbsup::happy2::fan:

snapback.pngDUFCFAN, on 20 January 2014 - 11:20 AM, said:

I'll be honest and say he's quite possibly the worst player I've ever seen pull on the Tangerine shirt.

Everyone knows that a superhero has to wear the right costume. His powers will now return.

:thumbsup::happy2::fan:

I can understand why DU fans won't have been impressed with him. Even during his time at thistle he could go 89 minutes contributing hee haw, but in the 90th minute turn into messi and score an absolute screamer. (even his goal against st. mirren at tannadice was very well taken) Erskine is definitely a confidence player who only grows when the crowd is behind him. Like i said, he can stumble over his own feet and make slack passes but he can also pull some amount of magic out the bag that can completely change a game. That was recognized by the Thistle fans last season and he only grew with the support. I also think that at thistle he has the advantage of playing with lads that he's played with for years. Hopefully he slips right back into place in the team and can continue on the road to becoming a jags legend.

while i'm a massive fan of erskine, and am fkn ecstatic at this news (gee ..... my heart also jumped a beat when heard the news), i and every other jags supporter must be patient with the legend that is the bridge, and our collective happiness and enthusiasm at his return must be tempered with realisation that he may not hit the ground running, he may not turn in a stellar performance first few games, he may not fit into or complement our current lineup, he may not bag a debut homecoming goal or goals in first few appearances ..... but secretly i hope and believe he will ..... so, a heartfelt and genuine appeal to every jags supporter, and especially the booboys .... don't get on his back for mistake(s) he makes, show him your love and support and positive vocal encouragement, get behind chris and rest of the boys 110%, lets allow the bridge to settle back in, find his feet, the magic will come.

oh chrissy erskine you are the love of my life

oh chrissy erskine i'd let you shag my wife

oh chrissy erskine, thistles the only team for you

I hope this gets sung tomorrow night!

feel free to start it, or join in.

• Like 3

I can understand why DU fans won't have been impressed with him. Even during his time at thistle he could go 89 minutes contributing hee haw, but in the 90th minute turn into messi and score an absolute screamer. (even his goal against st. mirren at tannadice was very well taken) Erskine is definitely a confidence player who only grows when the crowd is behind him. Like i said, he can stumble over his own feet and make slack passes but he can also pull some amount of magic out the bag that can completely change a game. That was recognized by the Thistle fans last season and he only grew with the support. I also think that at thistle he has the advantage of playing with lads that he's played with for years. Hopefully he slips right back into place in the team and can continue on the road to becoming a jags legend.

If he'd shown this side of him early in his time at us, things would have possibly went his way, but we're blessed with a group of attacking players who, when fit, are better than anything in this country, so he has to grasp the opportunity whenever he gets a chance, and he just hasn't done that. The fact that you're all so delighted to have Erskine back shows that he obviously has something. I'm disappointed that it hasn't worked out for him at United and there's obviously no better place for him to get his confidence back than a place where he's held in such high regard. Arabest Chris.

On a another note, Paton's been a really solid addition to our squad. Nothing fancy and his left peg is only for standing on, but does what is required of him very well. The fact that he's kept Morgaro Gomis (Who is to us, what Erskine is to you) out of the team, is testament to the job he does for our us. I'm curious to know why Paton get's a bad rap with you guys, he and Erskine both left at the same time and Erskine still has hero status at Firhill, while Paton seems to have been vilified a bit by you guys.

• Members
I'm curious to know why Paton get's a bad rap with you guys, he and Erskine both left at the same time and Erskine still has hero status at Firhill, while Paton seems to have been vilified a bit by you guys.

Let's just say, when it comes to interacting with the fans on social media, he's not the brightest!

• Members

To be fair it was a penalty but I dont think the challenge had to be made at that point as if you watch the footage his first touch gets stuck under his feet

Think you've maybe posted this in the wrong thread! But to comment anyway, I think you're spot on and had ATS been closer, he'd have been able to make a better challenge. Switched off, gave away a penalty and got a red card. Hope he learns from it for the rest of the season.

If he'd shown this side of him early in his time at us, things would have possibly went his way, but we're blessed with a group of attacking players who, when fit, are better than anything in this country, so he has to grasp the opportunity whenever he gets a chance, and he just hasn't done that. The fact that you're all so delighted to have Erskine back shows that he obviously has something. I'm disappointed that it hasn't worked out for him at United and there's obviously no better place for him to get his confidence back than a place where he's held in such high regard. Arabest Chris.

On a another note, Paton's been a really solid addition to our squad. Nothing fancy and his left peg is only for standing on, but does what is required of him very well. The fact that he's kept Morgaro Gomis (Who is to us, what Erskine is to you) out of the team, is testament to the job he does for our us. I'm curious to know why Paton get's a bad rap with you guys, he and Erskine both left at the same time and Erskine still has hero status at Firhill, while Paton seems to have been vilified a bit by you guys.

Paton is a one dimensional defensive midfielder with delusions of grandeur and as Willjag correctly points out, is not the brightest user of social media.

He wanted a large sum of money to stay on at Thistle and Archie took one look at his request, refused and, for less money, signed Iaaac Osbourne (who is twice the player Paton is).

When Erskine first signed for us, he used to make me tear my hair out in frustration as he would go on a mazy run, beat 3 players and either fall over or cross the ball out the park. Slowly but surely, he managed to add the missing end product to his game and become the hero that he was last season. I for one was delighted to be proved wrong and am over the moon that he is back.

Maybe signs that all is not well with RatNamara up in Tayside???

Delighted Erskine is back is an understatement and this could be the piece of the jigsaw we've been missing. My belief was starting to waver after Saturdays result but now I'm really optimistic for the rest of the season.

Oh and DUFCFAN **** off....... Nobody here should really care what you think of Erskine,Paton etc etc. I'd have thought after your teams recent run of form/results you'd be busy in your own forum wondering who will be your new manager now that snake eyes jackie is making an ar$e of things!!

Amazing news made my day :)

I respect the united supporter's opinion but as many have said sometimes a club n player just fit and that was erskine with us.

I said at the time he was being foolish moving up there given that he was untried at this level. He is very much a confidence player and I felt that a season in the top flight with us would have done him the world of good.

He has Six months to make up in terms of his development etc but I very much feel that he will simply come back and slot in where he left off :)

Could be the final missing piece in the puzzle if he can produce some of the goals from last season. Wasn't that fussed bout tmrw nights game but am absolutely buzzing now and I think this news may just add a few to the gate !

oh chrissy erskine you are the love of my life

oh chrissy erskine i'd let you shag my wife

oh chrissy erskine, thistles the only team for you

feel free to start it, or join in.

Trying to come up with a good tune for it Yoda...

Best I have so far is Modern Romance, Best Years Of Our Lives -

First verse optional but the lyrics are perfect. Needs a killer hook at the end of the chorus though...

When we first met, I could hardly believe

The things that would happen, what we could achieve

So let's be together for all of the time

And thank my good fortune that you are still mine

Chris-sey Er-skine - you are the love of my life

Chris-sey Er-skine - i'd let you shag my wife

Chris-sey Er-skine - thistles the only team for you

Chris-sey Er-skine - welcome back from the zoo / he has golden poo / your too good to be true / we really love you / scores a goal for you

Either that or we just sing Bridge Over Troubled Water and be done with it :)

I'm not sure where he fits into the side with Higgy & Lawless...but I'm delighted Chris is back home!

Some rewriting of history as well - Erskine took lots of abuse from a section of the Thistle Support but in many ways he is the classic Jags player...we are prepared to tolerate and even celebrate a player who falls over his own feet but can produce a bit of pure magic. Chris's goals at Firhill last year against Falkirk and Airdrie were really special.

Paton was the heartbeat of the team last season though I am definitely in a minority who would prefer him to Osborne - I'm not a Twitter regular so can't comment on his Social Media skills. However Chris Erskine came over as very gracious and genuine when he left Thistle last year which is not something that could be said about Paton & McNamara.

Edited by Winter of '63

Delighted he's back. We're getting our first home league win tomorrow, I can sense it.

Oh and DUFCFAN **** off....... Nobody here should really care what you think of Erskine,Paton etc etc. I'd have thought after your teams recent run of form/results you'd be busy in your own forum wondering who will be your new manager now that snake eyes jackie is making an ar$e of things!!

DUFCFAN: Don't listen to this dick. Opposition fans are - and always have been - welcome here.

• Like 5

ThickAsShit eh I mean thieves I come on to this forum to read about things involving the jags not to hear you flirting with other supporters about other teams.

Good one.

So do I. This thread is full of Thistle fans. There's only one Dundee Utd fan, we've just taken one of their players (albeit one we know all about) so it's quite good to see his perspective on why it hasn't worked out and what his opinion is.

There's no need to be a dick.

• Like 4