Partick Thistle V Rangers

billko

The whiter than white brigade would never have believed this game ever took place at Firhill.

I'd say most, if not all of us are aware of it for the simple reason that every so often some Celtic/Rangers supporting w****r brings it up as a means of supporting whatever agenda they're peddling.

Sorry to see you join their ranks.

• Like 4

I don't think Billko is trolling, fishing ect. The way I see it is, that another member started the other thread and Billko posted nothing offensive, but was basically told to feck off, H*n this and H*n that.

Then he posted the above to see what the members who abused him think.

If we actually told everyone at our club to feck of because they support rangers or celtic, then our 1st team squad would be decimated and we probably wouldn't have any youth squads. I always thought as PTFC fans we were better than them, don't drag ur self to their level with the H*n or Tim patter. Remember we like to think as ourselves as non bigots.

• Like 3

I totally fail to see the relevance of this to the present day as Ian Paisley famously said when agreeing to share power with Sinn Fein in the Stormont Assembly "that was then and this is now" what this means is that people and societies change and evolve over time. What was acceptable at one time becomes tomorrows unacceptable. The fact that nearly one hundred years ago Partick Thistle were run by and in the main supported by people who were at the very least tolerant of the Orange Order is simply a reflection of the times. As others have said the real story is that the supporters of the team from Govan have not changed to anything like the same degree. Unfortunately, some of them seem to be stuck in the paat and unwilling to change, It could be equally esily said that Victorian society thought nothing of sending wee boys up chimneys, yet I fail to see anyone either advocating it or claiming that their successors are somehow soiled with gult by association.

Sorry to disappoint you but I know many Catholics or people with a Catholic background like myself who follow Thistle.

Must say i had a higher opinion of Billko and I'm surprised he's dropped to stereotype level . As said what's posted is hardly news as it's been mentioned on here or other Jags websites every now and again.

It says it all that Billko has to go back 99 years to attempt to embarrass us (not that there's anything to be embarrassed about) while we could probably dig up countless embarrassing things re sevco in the last 99 days.

Must say i had a higher opinion of Billko and I'm surprised he's dropped to stereotype level . As said what's posted is hardly news as it's been mentioned on here or other Jags websites every now and again.

It says it all that Billko has to go back 99 years to attempt to embarrass us (not that there's anything to be embarrassed about) while we could probably dig up countless embarrassing things re sevco in the last 99 days.

Ally's new hair-do

Looks like the discussion about Rod McDonald being booked for blessing himself has ruffled your feathers Billko.

I have no problem with anyone blessing themselves on a football pitch or off it.

My feathers are not ruffled at all but a few others most certainly are.

I didn't think any great discussion took place on this but for the record the boy shouldn't have been booked for that and it wasn't me who booked him.

The thread that got chopped was all about two players who were sent off with one of them losing the plot completely

I pointed out that the two players more worthy of a mention were the two world class players on the park that day and for that i get all the " your just a H*n" insults that the usual suspects always spout.

We even got the new club and liquidation posts in for good measure :)

I have no problem with anyone blessing themselves on a football pitch or off it.

My feathers are not ruffled at all but a few others most certainly are.

I didn't think any great discussion took place on this but for the record the boy shouldn't have been booked for that and it wasn't me who booked him.

The thread that got chopped was all about two players who were sent off with one of them losing the plot completely

I pointed out that the two players more worthy of a mention were the two world class players on the park that day and for that i get all the " your just a H*n" insults that the usual suspects always spout.

We even got the new club and liquidation posts in for good measure :)

Billko got a fishing rod for christmas

Didn't have much to do with Rangers it would seem, and for all it's political connotations it was the national flag at the time, similar to the Soviet Union flag (though not comparing communism and naziism, that's another argument).

When a club has brought so much shame on itself there's no point in making stuff up.

And you also have stooped to the sterotype level of some Jags fans on here and I'm suprised you have done this.

I'm not trying to embarrass anyone but posting some factual information that i have never seen posted on this forum before that i found to be a bit of an eye opener.