Just In V Aberdeen

stillresigned

For a variety of different reasons, I couldn't be there today. But, I'm absolutely ecstatic for all Jags fans, especially all those who have stuck by Archie and the players and haven't lost the faith. I salute you all. Being a Jag can be a tough gig, and sometimes it requires balls of steel, but we now have the home win that some long-faced pessimists thought would never happen - and against top opposition too.

So, let's raise a glass of finest lager to OUR Archie and a great squad of Thistle players who showed why they should be loved and not denigrated by their own fans.

WE ARE THISTLE! Monni Jags. Intaerrum.

^^^with exception of being at game, agree with all that.

Excellent all round team performance, defence suspect in the 1st half but much improved in the 2nd. Some excellent saves & catches/punches for Gallacher who is definitely our number one goalkeeper currently. Taylor was immense, he seems to run quicker with the ball at his feet. He could/should have had 5+ goals. Erskine's tracking back was good & contributed going forward too. Good subs from Archie too, bringing O'Donnell on to cover Hayes playing at LB was a good move. Learning from last weeks mistakes I would say which is a good sign.

The ref had a shocker, almost verging on cheating his performance was that bad. It seems to be when we have the ball, ref's run with the whistle in their hand but when Aberdeen/Motherwell (so called bigger teams in this league) have the ball the ref can't wait to give a foul for any small infringement. Embarrassing performance.

Special mention also for the JH side linesman who also did his best to halt good attacking passes to Taylor when he was clearly onside. This urgency to give a foul to Aberdeen was also shown by the lino (the same lino who gave offiside if Taylor happened to be anywhere near the defensive line when receiving the ball) when an Aberdeen player went down in front of him he's flagging furiously for a foul. Up the lot of them.

^^^good summary

Amazing how quiet this place is after a great win & performance. Pretty sad some sections of our 'support' only like to come on & have a go after a bad result/performance.

^^^combination of the knickerwetters having little to moan about, and the rest of us celebrating instead of posting to counter the nonsense.

See what happens when we play wi 11 players instead of 9....

No Craigen .....No Elliott.............3-1 home win

^^^still, can always rely on some to embarrass themselves no matter what the result.

Flu prevented me from attending today - bloody typical. First home game of the season I miss and it's the first home win (just a coincidence!). But looking at the stats showed we really battered them. So happy with the result. Beating the 2nd best team in the country is no mean feat. Thrilled for Archie, Shaggy and all the players. Well done lads - enjoy your weekend.

Now if it's the "real man flu" you might need to rest up for the remaining part of the season especially games at Firhill (not saying you are a jinx :D )

Joking aside I'm sure you will get to see the Jags win a few more games at home this season and I bet you will be feeling alot better already after today's result :)

I really thought after the way things panned out at Fir Pk we'd be so lacking in self belief today that the only chance of getting a result would've been some backs to the wall clear our lines type performance. Far from it and even if the first half looked just a wee bit verging towards damage limitation the second 45 minutes was full of self belief.

Winning a game against all expectations and relatively comfortably it seems almost churlish to have a moan. Nevertheless that was one of the poorest refereeing displays I've seen for a good while. I've witnessed some dodgy decisions this season and I honestly believe over the piece refs have cost us a few points. Today we get the 3 points but with no thanks whatsoever to yon incompetent oaf.

Still smiling hours after the game finished - I can't remember being so emotional at the end of a game...had to tell myself to man up, ya Big Jessie.

I don't now how many times this season I have posted that we are not far from being a very good side and that we should keep playing the same way but do it a little better...it's been a long time coming but it was so great to see us come good. Mind you, I had been thinking that Fox & Doolan should be brought in for Gallagher and Taylor - it just goes to show that fans on forums don't necessarily know that much about the realities of football management.

First half was a bit dull. It didn't even remotely cross my mind that the minor collision between Gallagher and Rooney might be a penalty - great save from the spot kick and this time a bit of luck with the rebound being scrambled clear. It looked far more like a foul between the same two players after Conrad's obligatory blunder but the ref maybe realised he had made an error with the first one...or maybe he was just hopeless. Clearly, the laws must have been relaxed to allow opposing defenders to use their hands in the box to stop Thistle shots - I make that three blatant hand balls this season.

Second half we ran them ragged - we moved the ball really well at times and Taylor terrorised their central defenders - two well taken goals and three others to add to the one in the first half when he got through their defence and should have scored. Fraser shows remarkable composure and passing ability for someone who has played so few first team games, Bannigan was poor first half but came on to an excellent game, ATS was again impressive - we will miss him next year - and Bauben who was beginning to irritate me started to influence the game. Erskine did some great tracking back to win possession and with Higgy gives us a cutting edge.

Although we defended pretty well, inevitably, we lost a simple goal to a free header from a set piece. Aberdeen weren't that good -Flood seemed to make unnecessary passes with the back four before they launched high balls forward. They have some big guys so there were a few anxious moments but once we went 3-1 up, I was reasonably sure that they wouldn't get back.

I am really pleased for Archie and the players, this is the best Thistle side I've seen for 30 years...they deserved the fantastic backing they got today.

Amazing how quiet this place is after a great win & performance. Pretty sad some sections of our 'support' only like to come on & have a go after a bad result/performance.

Isn't it just!! The Rubbles, Javejags, The Cups etc by their minimal appearances after the game have proven what I said last week....they are only happy to come on here and let their bellies rumble when the team isn't winning and they are gunning for Archie's head and telling everyone what is wrong with the side and the management team. They might go and SEE Partick Thistle but can they in all seriousness be called Partick Thistle SUPPORTERS???

Edited by Lindau

It was a great team performance, and today we reaped the rewards that we have been due from the start of the season. There were tmes today we played the 2 nd best team in the league off the pitch. Well done to the team and the management for a well deserved victory.

See what happens when we play wi 11 players instead of 9....

No Craigen .....No Elliott.............3-1 home win

Now 4-4-2 wi Dools partnering Talyor and Ersky just behind and its top 6 (whit ever that means)

Just re-awoke from my celebrating to come across this guff. ...

No surprise that the other Saddo "likes" your simplistic mince. You are both truly pathetic specimens.

Both players you have a go at featured in all 4 league wins prior to today with Craigen instrumental in goals in 3 of them. ....

Anyway, congratulations to the players for today. Got their reward for an excellent 2nd half performance after treading on thin ice 1st half. Taylor may not get a better chance for a hat-trick in Jags colours, but crucially he didn't let his early miss get him down. Thought Mair and Balatoni did well when McInnes went "big" with Zola. Delighted to see Conrad get the opener having come close recently.

Huge game next week, so great for the players to go into it with a good result as opposed to merely a performance.

• Like 2

Flu prevented me from attending today - bloody typical. First home game of the season I miss and it's the first home win (just a coincidence!). But looking at the stats showed we really battered them. So happy with the result. Beating the 2nd best team in the country is no mean feat. Thrilled for Archie, Shaggy and all the players. Well done lads - enjoy your weekend.

Ya big blouse ;) .

Theres another thread for Gallacher where I've said he was my MOTM but I also think a special mention needs to be said for Fraser. The boy is absolutely class and ran the show, he was in the team at the start of the season when we were winning and thats him back in and another win. Bannigan is also back to form and his link up play between the defence, Fraser and our attack is brilliant.

Thought everyone was great today. Our centre backs are definietly still suspect, far too many crosses result in headers towards goals. But they are doing their best and usually manage to somehow get it clear. Also, not too sure what to think of Bauben so far. Doesn't seem to quite pull his weight for a physical guy - untill the last 15 mins anyway. Hopefully this is just match fitness issues.

If we keep that team, I really don't see why we couldn't finish top 6 next year. We are far better than Hearts St Mirren Killie County Hibs, and I'd say we're better than St Jonstone. Optimistic we will avoid playoffs.

What a great team effort !! Confidence just oozed throughout after the penalty save, Gallacher played a blinder but the whole team played their part in by far the best performance (2nd half) this season. Was glad to hear the fans chanting Archies name proving to the a***holes who are baying for his head that they are totally out of sync with the supporters. Dingwall here we come. M'on the Jags !!

• Like 1

What a great team effort !! Confidence just oozed throughout after the penalty save, Gallacher played a blinder but the whole team played their part in by far the best performance (2nd half) this season. Was glad to hear the fans chanting Archies name proving to the a***holes who are baying for his head that they are totally out of sync with the supporters. Dingwall here we come. M'on the Jags !!

To be fair Harry there is only about 5 or 6 of them on here and they have disappeared like melting snow this weekend, but be prepared for a return at the next bad result. Cheek to call themselves supporters

To be fair Harry there is only about 5 or 6 of them on here and they have disappeared like melting snow this weekend, but be prepared for a return at the next bad result. Cheek to call themselves supporters

I think the who's the better supporter chat is should be kept for the pant wetting thread.

I am happy to say that Archie got it spot on yesterday. He kept the starting XI the same as last week, he kept the strongest team on the park until the end and there was no Craigen or Elliott to be seen.

Well done to him. I hope he sticks with it.

I enjoyed that.

Thought Fraser and Bannigan were excellent. Bannigan performed a simply wonderful drag back and turn leaving Flood and someone else chasing shadows. I hope the cameras caught that.

We had another 2 or 3 good chances and I thought a good shout for a penalty with a hand ball.

Now the monkey is off our back, onwards and upwards with Archie's Army.

That bit of magic from Banzo has to feature on Soccer AM next week - great tekkers

That second half performance was on a par with our display at Ross County eArlier in the season. Hopefully, for once we can push on and put Adam's boys to the sword next week, nothing personal against County or their supporters , I it's frankly Adams he's simply an ignorant c*nt and a manager I personally take great pleasure in seeing defeated, as often as possible.

Theres another thread for Gallacher where I've said he was my MOTM but I also think a special mention needs to be said for Fraser. The boy is absolutely class and ran the show, he was in the team at the start of the season when we were winning and thats him back in and another win. Bannigan is also back to form and his link up play between the defence, Fraser and our attack is brilliant. Thought everyone was great today. Our centre backs are definietly still suspect, far too many crosses result in headers towards goals. But they are doing their best and usually manage to somehow get it clear. Also, not too sure what to think of Bauben so far. Doesn't seem to quite pull his weight for a physical guy - untill the last 15 mins anyway. Hopefully this is just match fitness issues. If we keep that team, I really don't see why we couldn't finish top 6 next year. We are far better than Hearts St Mirren Killie County Hibs, and I'd say we're better than St Jonstone. Optimistic we will avoid playoffs.

Good summary, but as well as a suspect central defence, we've seen Erskine holding down the right side of defence against two Aberdeen players. What on earth was McMillan doing? Good to see SOD brought on as a sub, to shore up this weakness, but for next season we'll need to sort out these defensive problems. As things stand, the midfielders and even striker have to track back to support the defence, so that any clearance concedes possession, keeping the team under pressure.