Ross County Vs The Jags - 1St March 2014

Paulo

What shall we expect from this one? Unfamiliar feeling this season, coming off the back of a good win. With St Mirren and Killie facing off, this game takes on a little more significance. It's by no means a 6-pointer, but a good result here will really boost the winning team.

Got to expect our guys to be buzzing for this. We played some of our best football this season in the 2nd half last week, and most of them will have good memories of this fixture from earlier in the season. Are Ross County going to be suffering after their midweek capitulation in the derby, or will they have extra determination to bounce back? I reckon this could be the test of their resolve, and the ability of Adams to properly motivate his team for the fight.

Our lineup shouldn't be any surprise. Looks like County left quite a bit of space at the back of their midfield in midweek, and I like the sound of that. I'm confident that we can come away with a win here, and being a Jags fan, that confidence makes me a little nervous!

• Members

I see Danny Lennon has apologised for his spat with Derek Adams. I may be proved wrong, but I'd be very surprised to see an apology the other way.

From what Danny was saying, to be honest, I'm not sure Adams needs to make an apology.

Anyway. I hope we don't go there over-confident after recent results. You're only as good as your next game, not your last!

taylor hat trick would be icing on cake

Thistle to win 8-0 or Archie must go!

^ We've just done back to back Top Flight triples for the first time since 1982 and for only the second time since League re-construction of '75. We can't possibly get another 3 surely?

In 1982 we went:

Wed-07-Apr-1982 Airdrieonians [h] W4-1 (Maurice Johnston (2), Kenny Watson, Alex O'Hara)

Sat-10-Apr-1982 Morton [h] W4-0 (Donald Park, Maurice Johnston, Alex O'Hara, Kenny Watson [pen])

If we get 3 tomorrow, it'll be the first time since 1967 when we bagged a joint club record 4 Top Flight triples in a row:

Sat-11-Nov-1967 Kilmarnock [a] W3-0 (Arthur Duncan, Frank Coulston, John Flanagan)

Sat-18-Nov-1967 Heart of Midlothian [h] D3-3 (Frank Coulston (2), Arthur Duncan)

Sat-25-Nov-1967 Falkirk [a] W3-2 (Tommy Rae, Arthur Duncan, Frank Coulston)

Sat-02-Dec-1967 Dundee [a] W4-3 (Tommy Rae, Tommy Gibb, George O'Neill, John Flanagan)

Edited by The Jukebox Rebel