Thistle V Sellick

Blackpool Jags

When you hear them singing their filth in the street and the pub before the game, then you hear it being belted out from what is normally our stand, then you watch us ship a few very avoidable goals, the last thing you want, or deserve, is to a see a couple of dozen of the fckers celebrating behind you.

Watching the polis effectively negotiating with them for over half an hour or so while they gloat and take the total pish at the authorities' obvious weakness turned this veteran's stomach, and I don't mind admitting to acting in a very irate manner to implore the polis just to do their fkn job and get that shower of interlopers out our stand. The rules are the rules: can anybody imagine for a split second Strathclyde's most noble taking an identical approach to the same scenario if it occurred during a Celtic v sevco match? I know they've never played each other, but I've got a fair idea of how things might pan out in that situation.

Interesting to note that every Celtic goal move started from our right side of defence,they obviously thought this was our weak point.

I was in the main stand and to be honest we have a few numpties as supporters and the phrase people in glass houses springs to mind. Whilst standing there before and during the game I had to listen to some numpty behind me shouting to the Celtic support constantly about them being "Bead Rattlers" and something about not getting treated well by Priests ????

However the same fan did enquire during the game "who were we playing on Saturday" and "Why was Scott Fox not in goal" which kind of made me think maybe he was not too much of a regular ??? but take that away he was still there and still shouting the abuse. I thought as a support we were above that I thought that we as a support could at least muster chants that keep us above the cess pit of the old firm. I am not taking the high ground I will openly admit that I did sing the song that nobody wants to talk about but gives you some joy when you play the ugly sisters you know the one where you express some disgust as the colour of the their strips and Royalty/Leader of a certain faith.

You see we have people in our support who are bead rattlers and others who are great lovers of John Knox(not missing out those in the support as well who think that yoda is a God you know who you are Jedi Knights and those who think its just Space) but the difference with us is that I have never asked or made it at times a pre requisite to join our club by singing about it. I know that when I go to watch the Jags play any of the ugly sisters then it gives me 90 mins to slag them. By slagging them it means to remind one side that they are the great unwashed or that the sister they thought was their sister will be appearing on Surprise Surprise sometime telling them news that will cost them dearly on Mothers day or the the other half that they are lovers of First world war German soldiers who did not know who their father was or that they are just Second Division rubbish who at times have been worse than East Fife.

Some of the actions in the main stand on Wednesday was cringe worthy however and I mean however it did not excuse the actions of the great unwashed who were in the stand or those who are supposed offer security around these issues and that includes the club. Upwards and onwards 3 points at Perth on Saturday and it was all be a haze O.T.I.G

I was in the main stand and to be honest we have a few numpties as supporters and the phrase people in glass houses springs to mind. Whilst standing there before and during the game I had to listen to some numpty behind me shouting to the Celtic support constantly about them being "Bead Rattlers" and something about not getting treated well by Priests ????

However the same fan did enquire during the game "who were we playing on Saturday" and "Why was Scott Fox not in goal" which kind of made me think maybe he was not too much of a regular ??? but take that away he was still there and still shouting the abuse. I thought as a support we were above that I thought that we as a support could at least muster chants that keep us above the cess pit of the old firm. I am not taking the high ground I will openly admit that I did sing the song that nobody wants to talk about but gives you some joy when you play the ugly sisters you know the one where you express some disgust as the colour of the their strips and Royalty/Leader of a certain faith.

You see we have people in our support who are bead rattlers and others who are great lovers of John Knox(not missing out those in the support as well who think that yoda is a God you know who you are Jedi Knights and those who think its just Space) but the difference with us is that I have never asked or made it at times a pre requisite to join our club by singing about it. I know that when I go to watch the Jags play any of the ugly sisters then it gives me 90 mins to slag them. By slagging them it means to remind one side that they are the great unwashed or that the sister they thought was their sister will be appearing on Surprise Surprise sometime telling them news that will cost them dearly on Mothers day or the the other half that they are lovers of First world war German soldiers who did not know who their father was or that they are just Second Division rubbish who at times have been worse than East Fife.

Some of the actions in the main stand on Wednesday was cringe worthy however and I mean however it did not excuse the actions of the great unwashed who were in the stand or those who are supposed offer security around these issues and that includes the club. Upwards and onwards 3 points at Perth on Saturday and it was all be a haze O.T.I.G

There was a guy in the jhs sitting in front of me never seen him before he had a jags scarf on and he stood up and shouted fennian b,tards to the celtic fans. I.He and a few others told him to basically **** off and go to ibrox we dont want that at firhill.He stood up mummbled something and pissed off was totaly wasted.
  • Like 1

I think Wednesday night showed that we have a few bigots and bampots in our ranks much as we'd all like to think that we don't. I'm afraid thats the price we pay for being a West of Scotland club, unfortunatelywe can't magic this away. However, the difference with us that it is a tiny minority in my experience and the decent supporters should really root out theses numpties. Ithink a good start would be avoiding songs like the Jimmy Saville song, once its a joke but everytime we play Celtic a section of our support belt it ou,t and it is in my view sectarian in nature and I find it personally offensive. Don't get me wrong I'm not for a minute suggesting that Firhill is a hot bed of sectarianism, quite the reverse actualy. However, I think it behoves all Jgs fans to see that our clubs good name is not besmirched by twats.

• Like 1

We were very good in the first half apart from the soft goal, we looked dangerous going forward many many times.

And the Saville/paedo stuff needs to stop, yeah it was pretty funny when Alan Lithgow turned up at Firhill around the same time as the story broke but it hasn't been funny since, thankfully it isn't part of the weekly repetoire anymore. But how on earth can we take the moral highground and criticise them for their 'folk songs' when a significant minority of Thistle fans spent an inordinate amount of time accusing people of being sex offenders by virtue of being Celtic fans ergo by virtue of being catholic. And for all the issues with the police in general and on Wednesday in particular they didn't arrest any of the Thistle fans down the front of the main stand for belting out this stuff right under their noses either.

Anyway, lets all move on.

• Like 1

Must admit I was disappointed with the display. Celtic are a good team but they're not a great team despite the hyperbole in the papers.I really though we would have got in their faces and kept our passing game going.Felt sorry for Lyle Taylor getting balls lumped up to him.Didn't expect to win but thought it would be close..Ah well let's hump St J

Must admit I was disappointed with the display. Celtic are a good team but they're not a great team despite the hyperbole in the papers.I really though we would have got in their faces and kept our passing game going.Felt sorry for Lyle Taylor getting balls lumped up to him.Didn't expect to win but thought it would be close..Ah well let's hump St J

Pretty much agree with this.

But if we continually insist on losing goals early, or two minutes after we have just scored ourselves, or to anything resembling a dead ball..................

I'd hate to do it myself, because it would be too painful, but maybe some masochist on the board can do an analysis and tell us the number of goals we've lost in these three categories this season.

We were very good in the first half apart from the soft goal, we looked dangerous going forward many many times.

And the Saville/paedo stuff needs to stop, yeah it was pretty funny when Alan Lithgow turned up at Firhill around the same time as the story broke but it hasn't been funny since, thankfully it isn't part of the weekly repetoire anymore. But how on earth can we take the moral highground and criticise them for their 'folk songs' when a significant minority of Thistle fans spent an inordinate amount of time accusing people of being sex offenders by virtue of being Celtic fans ergo by virtue of being catholic. And for all the issues with the police in general and on Wednesday in particular they didn't arrest any of the Thistle fans down the front of the main stand for belting out this stuff right under their noses either.

Anyway, lets all move on.

With the normal Thistle repertoire you will just get a patronising sneer/contempt/ridicule from Celtic fans. If you want to annoy them then you have to come up with something a bit more original and close to the bone - otherwise you are just meekly pandering to a horrible institution.

With the normal Thistle repertoire you will just get a patronising sneer/contempt/ridicule from Celtic fans. If you want to annoy them then you have to come up with something a bit more original and close to the bone - otherwise you are just meekly pandering to a horrible institution.

Pity you can't come up with something original... So go down the embarrassing "Glasgow Celtic Paedophiles" route.