Thistle V Sellick

Blackpool Jags

My first Thistle match was 48 years ago - a midweek affair in January 1966 at home to Celtic. A very late Bertie Auld equaliser gave them a share of the spoils in front of 30,000 or so.

I've got a really good feeling that we can go one better tonight. I'm sure we'll be at them from the first whistle. Nothing worse than going behind early on through trying to be too defensive. I'd like to see LT and Dools start together again as we look for an early goal to unsettle the Tims.

Last night's games - mainly RC's point against Aberdeen - would suggest we'll need a point to stay with them. That's the mindset we should adopt rather than see St Mirren's defeat as a convenience.

Anyway, I believe we can burst sellick's title bubble; we're good enough, and hopefully hungry enough.

Mon Thistle - intae this mob!!

According to BBC and Sky Sports, Lee Mair is a doubt with flu-like symptoms. I hope he makes it, his experience has helped the team and I don't fancy a back pair of Gabby (just back into the first team) and Aero (not played for ages).

Celtic are going to really go for the win, we have to be solid at the back and make no mistakes. Hopefully Higgy and Erskine get back to their excellent ways after the game up at Inverness.

I reckon we could take something from this match, 3 points will be so hard to get with Celtic going for the title tonight and they now know how we play... a 1-1 draw perhaps.

I can't make it as I'm working up north (got my weeks mixed up!) but I'm not too confident about tonight.

To the pub to watch it instead...Mon the Jags!

I'll be in a Dublin pub no doubt surrounded by.................people...........................if I get my legs broken we'll have beat them! Bring on the stookie!!! 2-1 Jags

I'd make a few changes for this...

McMillan in for O'Donnell.

Moncur in for Fraser.

Buaben in for Doolan.

And if either Higginbotham or Erskine are carrying knocks, get Lawless in instead. Don't want to lose them for the run-in by risking them for this one.

Looks like Lee Mair is fine for tonight but Aero out for the season

Agree with McMillan and Prince in.................don't know if Moncur could do as well as Fraser...........I wouldn't mind though, we've nothing to lose here

Edited by DublinMagyar

I just see it as an ideal time to try Moncur, seeing as he's apparently a "tough tackling" midfielder and I don't think Fraser was very good against Hibs.

Didn't know that about Muirhead. How long is Balatoni meant to be out for? Maybe we should think about recalling Lindsay soon if it's an option...

AA on the OS sqying Lindsay can't be recalled, Aero needs surgery now, out 4-6 weeks and Balatoni has a sore hand!

Maybe we should think about recalling Lindsay soon if it's an option...

I doubt it's possible. Obviously we come first but that would be very tough on Alloa unless they can distance themselves in the league from Cowden & the play off spot.

eta just read above post re Lindsay

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Not confident at all but I'm looking forward to a cracking atmosphere and hope we at least score first and/or make a game of it.

Don't care about the potential "title party" nonsense of some other Glasgow team who are younger than us; I just want a point (or, 3, which would really boost us up the table and give us some breathing space above St Murn). Mon the Jags!

Won't make the game tonight but will watch here in Stonehaven. Lost a few bob on saturday backing us to win and higgy to score so since my predictive talents are absolutlety rank rotten , I'm predicting a score of 2-0 to the tims in the hope that I'm totally and completely wrong !! 'Mon the Jags !!! ps. I wont be betting on them to win , never do that !!

Edited by Harry Wragg