Thistle V Sellick

Blackpool Jags

or they could be hungover have nothing to play for and lose to county?

Attendance was 7514 would be great any other game but I actually thought we would sell over 8000 for this game

But we'll be quids in when celtic cough up for the 38,000 tickets they sold for the NS. :happy2:

That was always on the cards tonight.

To be honest I thought we were ok in parts, dreadful defending by ATS at the first and for the the millionth time we shot ourselves in the foot at the start of the 2nd half.

Thought SOD played well and although he gave away the ball for their 5th I thought Fraser was decent. Piccolo looked solid enough but don't think Mair was anywhere near fit.

We've got it out the way without any injuries or suspensions. Time to knuckle down and get back to our form of the last month or so. We can still stay in this league, plenty to play for.

• Like 2

Sometimes you just come up against a better team. Celtic were more powerful, pacey and clinical in front of goal. At times they were playing three up front, which caused sheer panic in our defence. SOD was drifting inside to provide cover, which left us completely exposed on our right flank. In the first half Erskine looked completely baffled. He was playing as an auxiliary right back/defensive midfielder. I'm a bit disappointed that we weren't able to capitalise on the extra man we had in midfield, but they were just better all-round.

I'm not overly bothered by this result because I can't help thinking that deep down this must be a hollow victory for Celtic. Their fans must yearn for competition, drama, and a sense of achievement. When you have resources at your disposal that dwarf that of the rest of the league you get none of these things.

• Like 2

A right bunch of deeply unpleasant fans that lot. It was like living in the 1970s tonight with some of those feckers in the JHS. I'm sure some of them were wearing high waister flares and platforms. Reminded me of how civilised Firhill is every week and how much Thistle fans are all about the fitba and none of the rest of that shite. Roll on Saturday .

• Like 1

...Attendance was 7514 would be great any other game but I actually thought we would sell over 8000 for this game

Why? The seat sales at Parkhead are only nominal, as any fule kno, and don't bear any relation to numbers of paying fans. Many Glasgow-based Celtic fans can't even afford a one-off ticket to Firhill, which is why quite a number were gathered outside the fence round the ground, at the Basin. Economists would tell you that effective demand is the result of a combination of willingness to pay with the ability to pay, and they don't have the latter.

A right bunch of deeply unpleasant fans that lot. It was like living in the 1970s tonight with some of those feckers in the JHS. I'm sure some of them were wearing high waister flares and platforms. Reminded me of how civilised Firhill is every week and how much Thistle fans are all about the fitba and none of the rest of that shite. Roll on Saturday .

I'd like to agree but I actually thought many of the jags fans in the jhs were embarrassing tonight, constantly whining to the police and trying to get people thrown out just for sporting their team. At three one I couldn't believe how many people were more interested in moaning about Celtic fans than supporting the team. We knew it would be mixed tonight, so what?

Actually thought the team was ok. Maybe switched off at goals, maybe Celtic were clinical, but no reason for heads to go down. Thought Prince was good.

Edited by allyo
  • Like 1

It's always one of those bittersweet games for me, against one of the Ugly Sisters. Sweet in the chance to pull off a real shock, bitter in the fact that I detest the political association that these clubs bring to Scottish football. I even saw a few Celtic fans flying the flag of the Spanish International Brigades; although I could hardly of seen the Spanish Republic of the 30's endorsing the Catholic Church like so many of our Celtic brethren claim to do. 99% of these people have no idea what they are singing about.

On the park I didn't really care for the result. It was inevitable that we were going to lose tonight, although I felt at times we did alright. Put it this way, I've seen us play worse this season against the likes of United and Motherwell. This game wasn't going to count for anything, and now we just have to knuckle down and dig deep for the remainder of the season. I feel a little more brass is needed however, as at times I felt the occasion got the better of us.

• Like 1

Our defence, especially the right side and central areas has cost us so many points this season...again thought our midfield looked good against a good side tonight, banzo n Fraser passed it well in the most part....at 3-1 Archie did the right thing getting our 3 forward players off to save them for the weekend...Elliott also took his chance well.

Not surprised at all by the result, the wrk starts from sat and then into the post split games, that's when we need to deliver.

I don't think SOD can be blamed for many (any?) of the goals tonight. The first goal possibly as its his man who gets the cross in but he did show him on to his weaker side. Out of the 2 fullbacks I thought ATS had probably his worst game of the season, certainly from a defensive point of view.

Wasn't that impressed with Prince Buaben, looks a bit lacklustre at times and gives the ball away cheaply. Bannigan and Fraser will become top players, hopefully whilst still in Jags tops.

Was impressed by Elliot's cameo and he took his goal superbly. He's often derided by a lot of the fans but I definitely think he offers something to the squad.

Well, life is all about opinions and the world would be a boring place if we all had the same opinions. I thought SOD was poor tonight - caught out badly for the first goal as was Erskine.SOD constantly gave Izzaguire too much space. I've just watched the replay on TV and Gabby is culpable in every goal we lost tonight. ATS is culpable in at least 2. SO piss poor defending has cost us again. I didn't expect us to win tonight but I expected the payers to show some fight. We didn't keep the ball long enough and gave it away too easily at times with misplaced passes. Losing the game I can accept, but to lose another 2 goals in stoppage time is really poor and that could come back to haunt us come May.

Ref was poor. Didn't produce yellow cards when they were clear bookings every day of the week.

And special mention to the total f*nny who parked his silver car at the school and blocked me in. Cheers pal - you ignorant sod.