Season Ticket Poll For Next Yeat

Norgethistle

Season ticket sales poll  

94 members have voted

1. 1. With the season tickets coming out on Monday, Who's all buying a season ticket?

• Renewing my Season Ticket
    • Buying a new ST (Pay at the gate fan 2013/14)
    • Continuing to pay at the gate
    • Stating to pay at the gate (Not renewing ST holder 2013/14)

Not renewing. First time in about 20 years.

Through circumstances beyond my control I miss nearly as many games as I get to. Have been getting the season ticket anyway due to the emotional connection with the club. But to be honest, the treatment of us doesn't reciprocate that feeling and that just makes me feel used.

I'll still support my team, but make the sensible 'business' decision to pay at the gate in future.

I'll be buying a season ticket. I understand the upset regarding the NS and I'll await further news with interest. I really hope the club has a good explanation, or that the whole thing is a misunderstanding, but poor communications, or even poor fan treatment isn't something that I'd like to see hurting the team. I don't really care how they treat me as long as we win. If I thought there was something seriously underhand going on (say, a la Sevco) then I'd think twice, but we're not on that level.

My view of the game hasn't been that great this season anyway, as I've been watching most games through my fingers.

as norge says, seriously?

from those around me at the game and pub afterwards, i don't believe there is a single thistle supporter who wants to hurt the team.

fact of the matter there is one person/one entity that is hurting the team through this disgraceful ns decision. that person (or entity) is david beattie (or collectively, the board of directors).

even yesterday, it had an affect on ns and singers in the first half (and meant the team suffered from loss of backing in occasions), as it was much more muted, with many of the hardcore singers struggling to start or join in songs, as discussion and minds were elsewhere it seemed. i saw potty and ian walk in and looking at their ashen and dejected faces you could have been forgiven for thinking they'd just heard someone had died or they'd seen a ghost. something was clearly wrong and word spread pretty quickly, hence the below par volume and intensity of the ns shed in first half. thankfully some of the hardcore right from the start of second half decided they weren't taking this disgraceful board decision lying down, much less without some sort of loud and sustained statement, and they did themselves and the whole thistle support proud, with their second half efforts.

EVERY thistle supporter should stand shoulder to shoulder with the ns, and resist this disgraceful latest chapter in our history, with unified might.

you might not care how the club (board of directors) treat you, but i for one care how they treat me, you, and every other thistle supporter. thankfully i know a lot of other thistle supporters who care similarly, and who will not accept this ejection of thistle support from ns, nor will they accept it being surrendered to away supports.

we, the partick thistle support are the lifeblood of the club. not the board. not david beattie.

until this is resolved, i will be like many others and withholding my money for season ticket and new strip etc. not one of us wish to hurt the club. but we will not be treated this way. we care how all jags fans are treated, and are doing this for the longterm good of the club.

the north stand must stay red and yellow.

• Like 4

Il be holding off renewing mine till the board back down on the north stand.

I sit in the jhs have never sat in the north stand as I can't sing to save myself. Furthermore I only know really well about 2 people in the north stand. I don't really know Dave have never met Ian and dare I say have had my share of arguments with plenty of them about players, managers, different aspects of the club - only to be expected on the forum.

In the last couple of years partick thistle has been moving forward in a great way due to many many reasons both on and off the pitch and one of the many reasons has been the success of the north stand which I truly believe has helped to the firhill experience for the fan and equally important to the players on the pitch.

As already said I know only a couple of people in the Nstand and don't know the lads Dave or Ian other than through the forum. I don't need too as like everyone of us know they only want the best for partick thistle

The decision to move the home support in the ns to me seems to be astonishing and in no way of benefit to partick thistle as I say season ticket on hold till decision reversed as us gold centenary fund membership

Seriously ??

Seriously?? Yes.... But...

I'm talking strictly for myself, and in direct answer to the question regarding season tickets, because in all honesty I can't say that I wouldn't buy a season ticket if this decision wasn't reversed.

This is not to say that I agree with the decision, or think that it's okay. I totally sympathise with the very understandable anger on this and other threads (though I wish people would avoid the personal abuse). I'm a bit reluctant to say too much as we still don't seem to have the full story, but on the face of it it just seems like a crazy, self defeating and disrespectful decision, and the way that it's been handled is all over the place.

To be honest I'm torn on this. I still want to know more. Surely there has to be more to it, but there would have to be a very good (I.e. unavoidable) reason to justify moving Jags fans out of the NS. I'll probably write to the club myself.

I'll be renewing ASAP. The NS thing has been handled shambolically but it's not a deal breaker for me, I'll still be at every home game next season. IMHO the club should just let us know how much of a difference the NS makes financially. If it's a few grand then it's not worth losing the benefits in PR and atmosphere a red and yeller NS brings. If it's hundreds of thousands of pounds we're losing which could be spent on strengthening the team then that's another thing. At the moment however we have no idea, we're just being told second hand that it's going which simply isn't good enough.

I'll be renewing ASAP. The NS thing has been handled shambolically but it's not a deal breaker for me, I'll still be at every home game next season. IMHO the club should just let us know how much of a difference the NS makes financially. If it's a few grand then it's not worth losing the benefits in PR and atmosphere a red and yeller NS brings. If it's hundreds of thousands of pounds we're losing which could be spent on strengthening the team then that's another thing. At the moment however we have no idea, we're just being told second hand that it's going which simply isn't good enough.

Scotty, read the other thread, its not about cost saving in the stand, its about saving the office staff a bit of work come the Celtic game.

Ask yourself though if they can move the NS completely, they can also move 600 ST holders in the JHS for Celtic, what is to stop them moving the whole Jags support to the main stand when Celtic or Rangers come visiting or when it suits them

Scotty, read the other thread, its not about cost saving in the stand, its about saving the office staff a bit of work come the Celtic game.

Ask yourself though if they can move the NS completely, they can also move 600 ST holders in the JHS for Celtic, what is to stop them moving the whole Jags support to the main stand when Celtic or Rangers come visiting or when it suits them

Fair enough, if that's the only reason then it's really not worth it. Arrangements this season worked well enough for me. I've signed the petition on change.org.

If your reading this Mr Beattie, Sort this mess out ASAP.

You know that this will have a knock on effect to the budget for players and new contracts.

Then we are going to have all the negativity at the start of the season which the team do not need.

I for one love going to the games more than ever in NS we do not want to go back to a grave yard atmosphere we had going on only a few years ago. Season Ticket is on HOLD until you sort this out.

Seriously?? Yes.... But...

I'm talking strictly for myself, and in direct answer to the question regarding season tickets, because in all honesty I can't say that I wouldn't buy a season ticket if this decision wasn't reversed.

This is not to say that I agree with the decision, or think that it's okay. I totally sympathise with the very understandable anger on this and other threads (though I wish people would avoid the personal abuse). I'm a bit reluctant to say too much as we still don't seem to have the full story, but on the face of it it just seems like a crazy, self defeating and disrespectful decision, and the way that it's been handled is all over the place.

To be honest I'm torn on this. I still want to know more. Surely there has to be more to it, but there would have to be a very (I.e. unavoidable) reason to justify moving Jags fans out of the NS. I'll probably write to the club myself.

What do you think we aren't telling you?

Me and Dave were at the meeting and have passed on the reasons given by Maxi. Do you think we are holding back information from everyone here?

You say you want to hear more info from the club. Yet there isn't any. They've told you nothing. We've told you everything. Surely that should play a part in forming your opinion?

To be honest I'm torn on this. I still want to know more. Surely there has to be more to it, but there would have to be a very good (I.e. unavoidable) reason to justify moving Jags fans out of the NS. I'll probably write to the club myself.

Well, you've got your reasons now. It doesn't matter where the "signing" section sit, and it's more important to accommodate Rangers and Celtic when they come.

Me and Dave were at the meeting and have passed on the reasons given by Maxi. Do you think we are holding back information from everyone here?

You say you want to hear more info from the club. Yet there isn't any. They've told you nothing. We've told you everything. Surely that should play a part in forming your opinion?

Sorry, I'd just rather hear both sides of the argument before I decide. No reason to doubt your word, but i think that's a reasonable view to take. Your information does play a part in forming my opinion, but not exclusively.

Anyway, the club's given its reasons now and I'm not impressed. Seems likely to hurt Partick Thistle significantly, which is very unfortunate. As has been said before, it's our club.

Edited by allyo

When people start talking about boycotts, cancelling centenary fund payments and other areas that will hurt the club and damage our progress for next season I start to drift away from supporting them. It's an unfortunate part of today's culture where people go over the top and in football matters it is multiplied by 10. Taking offence and being aggrieved is too prevalent for myself.

I'm not saying people cannot feel uhappy but there needs to be some perspective and ending of personal insults. Some additional meetings and communication and lets look at solving the problem. I went to North Stand once. Didn't like the view. Much prefre Jackie Husband. I liked what the people who were in their brought to the ground as I am more of a clapper than singer which I would say is more personality driven. Coupled with the old "Excellent Main Stand" it seems that the Main Stand is actually not so excellent so something was actually incorrect there. It's still only May so lets keep talking, take a breath and carry on supporting the club.

It's not too unreasonable to believe the Club/Maxi were holding back info or giving you disinformation. Firstly the way you and Dave were treated was so shoddy and disrespectful it wouldn't come as that much of a surprise if you were lied to or mislead. Secondly the reason given for this move is so unbelievably crass you can understand people thinking they can't be that daft there just has to be something else.

It just so happens with today's statement, ridiculously late in release incidentally, the Club have been more idiotic than deceitful. I'd qualify that last expression by calling them naturally economical with the truth but no more so on this occasion.

Regardless of an improvement from the previous cabal and clearly better financial management they still clearly can't be trusted re their stewardship of our Club

• Like 1

When people start talking about boycotts, cancelling centenary fund payments and other areas that will hurt the club and damage our progress for next season I start to drift away from supporting them. It's an unfortunate part of today's culture where people go over the top and in football matters it is multiplied by 10. Taking offence and being aggrieved is too prevalent for myself.

I'm not saying people cannot feel uhappy but there needs to be some perspective and ending of personal insults. Some additional meetings and communication and lets look at solving the problem. I went to North Stand once. Didn't like the view. Much prefre Jackie Husband. I liked what the people who were in their brought to the ground as I am more of a clapper than singer which I would say is more personality driven. Coupled with the old "Excellent Main Stand" it seems that the Main Stand is actually not so excellent so something was actually incorrect there. It's still only May so lets keep talking, take a breath and carry on supporting the club.

sorry, but the bold ..... the club as i understand it, undertook no meetings with supporters or entered into any form of communication or discussion before saturday at 1130am. they didn't even have the courtesy to even indicate the actual specific subject of the meeting that dave and ian were summoned to, via a text they received thirsday night prior. if i recall ian (or daves) post correctly, all they were told was their summons was about "next season". no mention of north stand or moving fans around, so straight away dave and ian went in unprepared or in knowledge of what they were being summoned about. if i recollect from their posts dave and ian also stated that Maxi (and then lance) said there was no discussion to be had at this meeting (or should it be re-named, the lecture) on whether the ns singers would stay or not in the ns. the decision had been already been made, and that was it. no consultation. no discussion. no opportunity to take the boards "proposal" (for want of better word) to the core support and see what it's feelings are on it, no the deal was done, the die was cast and thistle fans would just have to accept it or lump it.

the way this whole issue has been handled and dealt with by the club, initially with ian and dave, then three days silence, then getting chris puppet jack to do an imitation of the churchill insurance dog nodding its head saying its a great idea, and then issue this bs statement on the club website ..... sorry lld, but i fear you are missing the bigger picture here, as well as shielding your eyes from the truths of what these custodians are doing here, and exemplefying what they are capable of doing, if the thistle support just accepts and forgets about this.

the time has come for change. mass change.

if anything, this issue and the bigger picture should embolden our collective support and unity for one another, the entire partick thistle support, and start the process of change to get this club, our club, back to its true values, and being a club that values and looks after its support, and listens to and works with them to ensure supporters wishes are achieved.

without the support there is no club.

It's not too unreasonable to believe the Club/Maxi were holding back info or giving you disinformation. Firstly the way you and Dave were treated was so shoddy and disrespectful it wouldn't come as that much of a surprise if you were lied to or mislead. Secondly the reason given for this move is so unbelievably crass you can understand people thinking they can't be that daft there just has to be something else.

It just so happens with today's statement, ridiculously late in release incidentally, the Club have been more idiotic than deceitful. I'd qualify that last expression by calling them naturally economical with the truth but no more so on this occasion.

Regardless of an improvement from the previous cabal and clearly better financial management they still clearly can't be trusted re their stewardship of our Club

eloquently and diplomatically put as ever m'lady

Edited by yoda-jag

I would never want to hurt my club, but sometimes a short sharp shock is needed to stop a long lingering death.

I have went from buying a ST & TAG+ and planning trips home as often as I can to see the football, to now not buying a ST and will maybe turn up if my travel plans have me in Glasgow all within 5 days

I believe that the business management of the club take for granted that people like me will continue to financially support them by buying a season ticket - even when it doesn't make business sense for us. That has led to us being taken for granted. I am tired of being taken for granted, or the assumption being made that my money is really theirs and not handing it over may be me hurting them. Buying a season ticket has earned me nothing in 20 years for loyalty that paying through the turnstile wouldn't have delivered me (except I've put a LOT more money in the club's pocket).

I'm simply taking a leaf out of their book and making a strategic business decision - I'm sure they will understand it. I'll get some new curtains for the living room with what I save.

Edited by Mr Scruff
  • Like 1

The proposed change will result in me getting significantly less enjoyment out of my matchday experience. At the same time, I can't see any benefit from it - except in pandering to OF fans. Therefore, in my opinion, it is no longer worth the same investment of time / money in supporting the team. That's my choice as a fan / customer. If you're happy being taken for granted then fair enough - it may even mean you're a better fan than me - but I have no wish to turn up, sit quietly, and watch away fans enjoying the great area of the stadium that used to be ours.

• Like 2

I would never want to hurt my club

i don't believe for one minute that any thistle fan wants to hurt the club, or archie or the players.

equally i believe that every single jags fan that has signed the petitions, written to the club, posted on here, facebook, twitter etc, has done it with the intention to better the club and right a horrendous wrong.

david beattie, ian maxwell and all associated with or who approved the publication of that firhill seating plan statement should be hanging their heads in shame. a disgrace to partick thistle every one of them.