Keep The North Stand Red And Yellow

yoda-jag

To broaden the discussion does this mean that the "excellent" Main Stand is accurately not excellent and a more appropriate description is an ageing stand that costs money to maintain, does not look good, has inadequate facilities, restricted view, takes long to enter and leave and people who say they like actually don't want to sit in it.

Personally I'd have no issue with it being knocked down and a new appropriately sized modern stand in its place even if it had something like a Tesco Metro under it.

Also some of the words and personal attacks have been a bit OTT. Let's keep it civil.

Edited by Lambies Lost Doo

I sat in the Main stand for the first Sellick game with some Burnley-supporting friends. Aside from us getting beat, we all enjoyed it though the facilities are sub-standard. View was ok with the obvious proviso of the pillars. The facade on Firhill Road is what makes Firhill look like a football stadium rather a Meccano kit. I would be gutted if it were to be substituted for such a construction, but that won't happen under a Propco development: it would be something much worse. The planning permission which was ultimately accepted by GCC looked absolutely awful and inferior to the originally rejected plan for the City end of the ground.

We are discussing this in a vacuum, regrettably. I am trying to imagine the reason for this. I am expecting the club to come at this from a H&S angle. I suspect that we were given permission to use the Main Stand this season on the understanding that it was for one season only unless upgrading was undertaken. Only guessing.

75% of my anger is about the decision itself, 25% about the way it has come to our attention. Really poor communication from the club. Us-and-themery. Let's not forget, they might not give a toss about us but they need our money.

Edited by BowenBoys
  • Like 1

Petition signed. Wouldn't normally do something like that, but hopefully we can get enough signatures on this to get their attention. Think it's important to show the club how much this matters to us. Good to see Jackie Husband regulars who have never even been in the North Stand disappointed at this decision as well. It's not just those of us who stand behind the goal who are affected; it's everyone at the match, including the team.

I didn't agree with us being moved to accommodate Celtic, but that one I can live with, because that's a revenue stream that the club can't ignore. But to make this a permanent move for every game is quite simply a joke of a decision.

We are discussing this in a vacuum, regrettably. I am trying to imagine the reason for this. I am expecting the club to come at this from a H&S angle. I suspect that we were given permission to use the Main Stand this season on the understanding that it was for one season only unless upgrading was undertaken. Only guessing.

75% of my anger is about the decision itself, 25% about the way it has come to our attention. Really poor communication from the club. Us-and-themery. Let's not forget, they might not give a toss about us but they need our money.

If it is for a HSE point of view, why are the home fans being put in it, now we already know the council never insisted on Celtic being kept out the main stand as part of the condition of us getting our safety cert, even though Beattie told us that, so we need to ask why break up and move our vocal support

Even if the club did come at from that angle, it doesn't explain why they're changing from the status quo.

Another thing that puzzles me, if it happens, is the promise of Sky Sports in the Main Stand/Aitken Suite next year.

Was it not just a couple of seasons that the club said they couldn't justify that expense?

Wait & see I guess.

If it is for a HSE point of view, why are the home fans being put in it, now we already know the council never insisted on Celtic being kept out the main stand as part of the condition of us getting our safety cert, even though Beattie told us that, so we need to ask why break up and move our vocal support

Just a guess Norge. Perhaps nobody will be in the main stand next season. Until we hear from the club, nobody knows. Unforgivable situation.

And while I'm here, the DVD of last season was utter cr&p. An appallingly product. Yellow&redneck showed how it should be done. Can't imagine any other club releasing something this bad.

Just a guess Norge. Perhaps nobody will be in the main stand next season. Until we hear from the club, nobody knows. Unforgivable situation.

And while I'm here, the DVD of last season was utter cr&p. An appallingly product. Yellow&redneck showed how it should be done. Can't imagine any other club releasing something this bad.

Thats not what the guys were told or what Maxi was allegedly telling folk at the Firhillcup (When telling them boycotting ST's may revoke the decision), the DVD and quality basically sums up the contempt for the fans, cheaply done to keep us quiet for a wee while

"... even if it had something like a Tesco Metro under it..."

Please - enough of this kind of talk. Can we have some respect for Partick Thistle's heritage, and Firhill's integrity as a FOOTBALL GROUND?

It AIN'T a halls of residence, a mall, or a f***ing supermarket.

Too many people been watching too many property development-related TV shows... GET A GRIP!!!

Edited by ScottyDFA

Ian and myself received a text on Thursday afternoon from Ian Maxwell, the club's Managing Director, asking us to attend a meeting for half an hour, before the game on Saturday. No information was provided regarding the nature of the meeting, purely that it was "to discuss next season".

Attending the meeting were Ian Maxwell, myself & Ian Mac. Lance Gilmour, Partick Thistle's Matchday Operations Director joined for the last 10 minutes.

We were advised that the club wants to progress, and to allow the club to progress, one thing that would be required, would be to move the NS singing section to the main stand permanently. A couple of other reasons were given, which quite frankly I don't have the balls to repeat for fear of making the club look even more ridiculous than the afore mentioned reason makes them look.

Ian and I were quite vocal in our dismay and objection, raising concerns that this could have major repercussions for the club both in perception and financially. We provided alternative solutions, but it fell on deaf ears, this was not a chance for us to discuss or alter a decision.

As mentioned early, lance attended with ten minutes to go, but served only to repeat verbatim, what Ian Maxwell had told us, the synic in me would suggest they were well prepared and if I had looked on the wall behind me I'd have probably seen a script. It's a pity they didn't offer us the same courtesy of being able to prepare.

Partick Thistle still have not shown the fans the courtesy of making an official statement on this, they have put all the weight on two fans shoulders, maybe Lance will choose to post on this thread at some point?

What does the future hold if the club ignore the fans? In my opinion they have played a blinder here, without a doubt discussions have been ongoing about this for quite some time, this wasn't just thought up on Thursday morning, they deliberately chose to wait until 45 minutes before kick off on the last game of the season, knowing that fans would not be meeting up face to face for 2 months and that season tickets will be launched tomorrow.

They can counter that they have stated nothing officially, that the only reason this is in the public domain is because of Ian and I. That shows the respect they have for Ian and I, that they would chose to burden us with this information and leave it down to us to keep this quiet. It's worth noting that at no point were we told to keep this information to ourselves for a period of time.

Ian and I offered to, but once in the ground, it was difficult to hide the emotion from our faces, I won't lie, as I stood at the back of the north stand at kick off all sorts of emotions were running through me, but as the second half kicked off it was filled with pride as the stand, to a man, made their feelings known.

The club didn't ruin the last game of the season by making an official statement, they let Ian and I do it, very gracious of them.

As things stand, the north stand averages about 600 per game, 250 season ticket holders, 350 PATG. As Ian Maxwell put it, "you need to remember, this is a business". Well they need to remember, this is a football club, and without fans, there is no business.

Edited by potty trained

can't remember which thread, was out of likes and meant to post at time, but someone posted a short sentence which sums up my feelings towards beattie and the board, along lines of .....

i don't trust this board one little bit

even as exampled by norge in regards of the unprofessionallism and distinct lack of effort into the 10 months too late dvd.

the partick thistle support is treated with clear and complete contempt by the board, time and again, and that is wrong in every which way you look at it.

Petition signed. Wouldn't normally do something like that, but hopefully we can get enough signatures on this to get their attention. Think it's important to show the club how much this matters to us. Good to see Jackie Husband regulars who have never even been in the North Stand disappointed at this decision as well. It's not just those of us who stand behind the goal who are affected; it's everyone at the match, including the team.

I didn't agree with us being moved to accommodate Celtic, but that one I can live with, because that's a revenue stream that the club can't ignore. But to make this a permanent move for every game is quite simply a joke of a decision.

well said as I said on the season ticket thread I wouldn't know you guys from Adam but the benefit on and off the park to the home support in the ns is clear which really has therefore left me astonished at a decision which I cannot for the life of me see any benefit too. Petition has been signed

The "this is a business line" makes absolutely no sense. I was under the impression that the main stand holds more than the north stand does, meaning that there is less room for travelling fans and cutting revenue here. It will also cut revenue from home fans as there will be fans who refuse to buy season tickets on the back of this, as well as fans who go less and less due to the undoubted negative effect this will have upon the match day experience.

• Like 2

& how does the business benefit by moving the singing section in to the Main Stand? Even assuming every fan who currently sits in the NS moves to the Main Stand? I don't see any great financial benefit to that move at all, even supposing no loss in season ticket revenue.

That's something they will need to explain in more detail, themselves, 1JL.

What sections of the main stand would they be giving us? Would it be a case of we get moved if the away team need more tickets? Sorry if you don't have all the details, does sound like they just dropped that on you.

I wont be there - it really is horrible! Although the choice of the main stand or JHS really is a dire choice.

Imagine the north stand with teams that bring no away fans - County, Hamilton (If the come up) etc, Dreadful decision.

Edited by little_miss_jag
  • Like 2