Keep The North Stand Red And Yellow

yoda-jag

Any board with a semblance of sense and with Season Tickets just round the corner, would be looking on here, at the emails received and names on the petition and immediately come to the conclusion that they have made a monumental **** up and rectify things immediately. Mind you I did say any board with a semblance of sense.....that obviously does not apply at Firhill

Another thing, why waste money installing card readers and automated turnstyles for the NS to now have it used by away fans who won't have cards to have read.

More forward planning and pissing money away

The card readers scan individual tickets too. They will work for any visiting club that sells tickets as part of an allocation.

This decision will not be reversed, there's no chance of that happening. Where that leaves everyone I'm not quite sure, in a worse place anyway.

How do you know that?

Maxi was openly telling people at the Firhill cup on Sunday - if season ticket sales are affected then they would be forced to reconsider.

How do you know that?

Maxi was openly telling people at the Firhill cup on Sunday - if season ticket sales are affected then they would be forced to reconsider.

Just my opinion. How does anyone know if sales are affected? That won't be known until say mid July, estimates as to sales figures much before then would be rough at best & hard to judge (if they are lower or as expected).

Edited by 1 John Lambie

Just my opinion. How does anyone know if sales are affected? That won't be known until say mid July, estimates as to sales figures much before then would be rough at best & hard to judge (if they are lower or as expected).

Ah right. Just the way you typed it reads like you are stating a fact.

How do you normally judge sales? You base them on that week from the year before and they are either up or down. Really not that difficult.

Although normal office tasks appear to take 3 times as long at Firhill.

Edited by ian_mac

the more we discuss this, analyse their statement, and disect the reasoning for it, the more ludicrous and shambolic it is shown to be ..... and the angrier i (and others) become over it.

another thing in my fading old age memory, was one of the reasons or argument for originally creating the shed and singing section in the north stand we were given two years ago, was our goalies and defenders were getting constant abuse from away fans, and the management and players wanted their own fans behind the goals?

which begs the question, what do the players think of this all?

I'm quite sure this professional outfit have calculated a flow of custom. How many will early bird, how many last minute etc.

If sales figures are low to start with it raises concern.

Look out for the old football trick of parading out the new signing to tug at the heart strings.

Ah right. Just the way you typed it reads like you are stating a fact.

How do you normally judge sales? You base them on that week from the year before and they are either up or down. Really not that difficult.

Although normal office tasks appear to take 3 times as long at Firhill.

Not fact, no. Easiest way would be to check the bank income from the same period last year, I'd reckon.

last season, how we mocked morton "eight points and you f*cked it up", well if this north stand to main stand joke goes ahead, who could blame opposing fans to come and sing in the ns, variations of

brilliant atmosphere/great home support and you f*cked it up

won't be at firhill to hear it though

Why not put Trotter, Javejag, Barney Rubble and Proudjag in the Main behind Archie, that will soon reverse this decision.....just a joke to lighten the mood lads. Right back to the serious stuff.....SACK THE BOARD!

Not a bad idea as I never criticise the players or the manager at games !!

Sorry I realise it's probably already been covered but can someone remind me what Ian Maxwell's e-mail address is ? Just want to confirm to him I am another JH season ticket holder who will not be renewing till this decision is reversed.

Not commented on this matter yet as I was absolutely sure the club would release a statement highlighting their logic behind the decision, which would actually include some facts and somehow convince us all that they really did have no other option, as they put it, and that, although with great sadness, we could all accept the decision was the right move for the club and get on with next season.

Instead we are given this piece of absolute nonsense, which in truth tells us absolutely nothing. The "excuses"/reasons given in the statement are, quite frankly embarrassing, and if these are the true reasons behind the move then I think we all need to seriously consider if we want these people making any more decisions for the club we all love. My ST is in the JHS although I do visit the NS on occasion and I think we can all agree that, since the NS singing section has opened, the atmosphere before, during and after a game, and even just the general enjoyment of being a thistle fan has gone through the roof.

I've never really taken a great deal of interest in off field matters, untill now, but for the board to treat the fans, the ones who have been here through thick and thin, seen dozens of players, managers and boardrooms come and go, the single most important part of this football club, in the way they have is shameful. I can only imagine what guys like PT and Ian must be feeling after seeing all the hard work they've put in go up in flames and hope, for the sake of the club, someone with a half a brain will see sense and admit how much of a massive balls up this has been.

No ST for me, unless they see sense. Even then, the fact that they wouldn't think twice about shafting us, would probably put me off anyway.

• Like 1

So you have the new shed bar....and kill the shed. I know its not the old shed and never will be but in terms of modern football I don't think proportionately theres many better stands or sections. How many stands on the telly do you see in Britain where virtually everyone stands and sings? Barely a handful, and thats even when you get to top clubs.