Doolan

idlewild84

Fast on the way to becoming my favourite thistle player in my lifetime! At only 20 odd years old that's not exactly a bold claim, but I couldn't really think of a more deserving player of a big testimonial, exactly what the jags are all about! Hard working, professional, capable of the odd bit of genius and just an all round excellent guy! I love him!

As one who likes to balance a player with positives and negatives I really struggle to come up with a single negative about Kris. The only minus point I've ever been able to come up with is he's maybe guilty of doing too much work. Other strikers often deliberately drift in and out a game so they can sneak in unnoticed now and again. That I've got to say is one pitiful excuse for a negative.. :D

Question, does anyone have a better first touch in the SPFL? In the last home game v St Mirren it looked like Dools had Velcro boots!

Agree totally. Good first touch usually means the light carress to keep the ball close, but Dools is so skilful he can also do the deliberately heavy touch to wrongfoot the defence. Look again (using Yellow & Red Neck's brilliant compilation) at the first goal away to Inverness and the home goal against Celtic, where the first touch takes all the defenders out of the game and gives the opportunity to beat the keeper as well.

Sometimes quality goals in games we lose can be easily forgotten. Every time I see the first goal in the home match against Hearts, it gets better and better.

Edited by partickthedog