Jags Are Off To Spain For Pre-Season Training And 2 Matches

amsterdam jag

what train(s) is everyone getting? the 8.40 from Central gets in at 11.55,

the 19.03 or 20.03 are the 2 last trains according to scotrail. apparently this tram ride is 40 odd mins which cuts drinking time so I might consider phoning a taxi company and getting the taxi to the ground!

Best two cab firms for providing 7 seaters and bigger (as well as ordinary cabs) are: C Cabs (01253) 292929, and Premier Cabs (01253) 401000. I really don't recommend trams, buses or anything other than cabs from Blackpool North station. The nearest tram stop (promenade) is a 5 minute walk from the train station. Bus stops are nearer but buses are neither regular nor reliable (and take ages to get there). There's always a stack of cabs waiting outside the station (as you'd expect) but only up to 6 seaters.

Yeah, it's Murcia.

Gutted - I'll be in Spain then too, but not Murcia. Annoyingly just back from Murcia - the wife would've been delighted if there were a few Jags game on to liven up her holiday!

Ah **** i'll be about 5 hours away from Murcia, don't think my wife will let me go that far, its further than Glasgow-Fleetwood

I am pretty certain that if a team of tourists turned up they would let us in. Worth contacting the club to make sure if people plan to travel. Would be interested to hear of any cost-efficient travel/accommodation plans if they are found.

Edited by stuartaytonspeaksfrench

Excellent - I'm in Moraira which google maps thinks is 1h 39min away.

Just need to find out who/where they are playing now.

And work on the wife!

It's probably La Manga in the Mar Menor lots of teams use it

More like a 2-3 hour drive from Moraira though

Weather great today though!

Enjoy your trip to the Fleetwood Riviera, can look half decent when the suns out. Spent a number of years up Partick, we were put up at Glasgow Harbour whilst they built our Ship down at Scotstoun, met some decent folk up there including the Maryhill manager (top bloke) who worked in the Yard. Went up Firhill a few times (even bought the shirt) but concentrated on the 'Juniors' especially around May when you could watch a game every night of the week as they played catch up. Off to Pollok this Sat for the Evening Times Cup Final where the Talbot take on the mighty Neilston. Have a great trip down fella's, hope it dosent get to messy in the Buffet Carriage.

• Like 3

Enjoy your trip to the Fleetwood Riviera, can look half decent when the suns out. Spent a number of years up Partick, we were put up at Glasgow Harbour whilst they built our Ship down at Scotstoun, met some decent folk up there including the Maryhill manager (top bloke) who worked in the Yard. Went up Firhill a few times (even bought the shirt) but concentrated on the 'Juniors' especially around May when you could watch a game every night of the week as they played catch up. Off to Pollok this Sat for the Evening Times Cup Final where the Talbot take on the mighty Neilston. Have a great trip down fella's, hope it dosent get to messy in the Buffet Carriage.

Good post.

Who's your own team, BTW!

Would you be the same navy man who designed the official Fleetwood Town club crest?

Hello Mr Wragg........ In reply to your question...Fleetwoods my team but to be honest I enjoy Groundhopping to much to put my loyalties on one Club. There's nothing better than taking in a Junior or Non League game as neutral, for good honest football.....you can keep your English Premier League. There's a good forum on the 'non league matters' website and they all speak well of their trips north of the border in the Where did you go section.

Edited by codofthenorth
  • Like 1