World Cup Pundit Thread

thebiglemon

I'll definitely be muting my volume tomorrow night the thought of listening to those two tw*ts Tillsley and Townsend commentating on Engerlund, not to mention the intellectual heavyweight Chiles is hardly an enticing prospect .

Just think of the anguish if they get beat (fingers crossed)!

I don't want to be pedantic, or defend Mr Bloom, but infact the "official FIFA names" for these countries is JAPAN, ITALY, GERMANY and FRANCE, which is why the TV feed has the 3 letter abreviation of JPN, ITA, GER and FRA in the top left corner. Ivory Coast has CIV.

Whilst ITV went out of their way to refer to the Ivory Coast as Cote d'Ivoire, the Netherlands are frequently being referred to as Holland. An offence as egregious as saying "England" instead of "The UK".

• Like 1

Alan Green on Radio 5 tonight (on Uruguay's second goal): "I'm disappointed in Cahill and Jagielka for not being closer to Suarez and pushing him over. A free kick and no harm done."

That from a Northern Irishman who doesn't support his own country. Glory hunter, cheat and loser.