World Cup Pundit Thread

thebiglemon

ITV: Cannavaro, can barely speak English but has managed a fair smattering of banal cliches and the stating of the bleeding obvious.

Viera- better English but nothing to say

Adrian Childs- annoying

BBC: Rio Ferdinand hasn't been too bad, you get the feeling he might say something interesting and show a bit of passion and Henry has made some reasonably insightful comments

Shearer- rubbish as usual

Don't know why they insist on ex players. I'd rather have Tam Cowan, Tom English or Graham Spiers, Danny Baker etc etc. These guys talk for a living and are better+++ than inarticulate ex players who have spoken in cliches so long they can't stop.

ITV: Cannavaro, can barely speak English but has managed a fair smattering of banal cliches and the stating of the bleeding obvious.

Never stopped Charlie Nicholas.

Tbh it matters little to me whether the pundit is speaking commonsense or utter pish. I'm not really sure why folk can get too worked up about them. Different if it's an edited highlights programme where you want to get a fuller picture but if you've just watched 45 minutes it's all a bit pointless. Btw you'd have thought tho' that someone like Cannavaro would've been a good shout since he was arguably one of the finest readers of a game

• Like 1

Never stopped Charlie Nicholas.

Tbh it matters little to me whether the pundit is speaking commonsense or utter pish. I'm not really sure why folk can get too worked up about them. Different if it's an edited highlights programme where you want to get a fuller picture but if you've just watched 45 minutes it's all a bit pointless. Btw you'd have thought tho' that someone like Cannavaro would've been a good shout since he was arguably one of the finest readers of a game

If ex players can't bring insight and analysis beyond that which we can clearly see for ourselves they need to bring something else to the party (or have something else in their locker- as some of them like to say) like personality, humour or big tits.

Otherwise they're a total waste of space regardless of what a great player they were.

If ex players can't bring insight and analysis beyond that which we can clearly see for ourselves they need to bring something else to the party (or have something else in their locker- as some of them like to say) like personality, humour or big tits.

Otherwise they're a total waste of space regardless of what a great player they were.

In the build up to the Brazil game, moron Wright was asking Gordon Strachan how the players will be feeling in the build up to a big game.

• Members

The 3 guys commenting on the Spain/Holland game were all saying how they thought Spain's new option of having a striker/target was a good one for them. That worked out well.

Did you hear the aftermatch review from the guys in the studio? They totally contradicted that when they asked Henri about the role Costa was playing. He said that Xavi and Iniesta were having to change the way they played to accommodate him.