Danny Seaborne

Mediocre Pundit

Seabourne is certainly a step up from trialists such as Magnay and Parsons.

The manager's comments on the BBC website are interesting. "Dan's a very good player, he's somebody we've kept track of since January," said manager Alan Archibald. "When the chance to get him came we grasped it. He's a left sided player at centre half, he's got a good stature about him as well so hopefully he'll add a bit of experience to the squad."

So the management team was scouting Seaborne from when he had just signed for Coventry City from Yeovil Town on an 18 month contract. It is very unusual for us to target a player when he just signed for a new club. If Pressley had not agreed to terminate his contract last week, would the manager have had the money to pay a transfer fee for him?

The manager's comments on the BBC website are interesting. "Dan's a very good player, he's somebody we've kept track of since January," said manager Alan Archibald. "When the chance to get him came we grasped it. He's a left sided player at centre half, he's got a good stature about him as well so hopefully he'll add a bit of experience to the squad."

So the management team was scouting Seaborne from when he had just signed for Coventry City from Yeovil Town on an 18 month contract. It is very unusual for us to target a player when he just signed for a new club. If Pressley had not agreed to terminate his contract last week, would the manager have had the money to pay a transfer fee for him?

and . . . . . .

If you also read some of the write ups in some of the Engerlish Newspapers it also suggests Elvis possibly directed him to us and also educated him on who the 'One Team in Glasgow' is as he had only heard of the Unclean and the Unwashed. Elvis apparently did the job we might have thought a scout would do.

Doubt it; I'm assuming we were scouting him when he was on loan from Yeovil in case he became available. He then signed for Coventry so we signed Mair as a stop-gap but kept an aye on him (along with other players, I'm sure) and when he potentially became available over the summer we stepped in.

Another good example of Archie's signing policy.

Doubt it; I'm assuming we were scouting him when he was on loan from Yeovil in case he became available. He then signed for Coventry so we signed Mair as a stop-gap but kept an aye on him (along with other players, I'm sure) and when he potentially became available over the summer we stepped in.

Another good example of Archie's signing policy.

Absolutely. All those trips down to Yeovil and/or Coventry must have been very tiring. Plus he in scouted Osman at Crewe so all that travelling, in addition to managing the team and scouting opponents, must have knackering.

Edited by kni

Oh dear. Some more people seem to be accusing the manager of telling lies now....

Archie doesn't say HE went up and down to Coventry . He said we kept tabs on the player. It's called having a network. It's what good managers do. Although I appreciate it doesn't fit with the idea that Archie doesn't have any contacts.

I see the naysayers also seem to have missed an important piece of information in Archie's comments about our league cup draw. A clue to our next signing?

• Like 3

and . . . . . .

If you also read some of the write ups in some of the Engerlish Newspapers it also suggests Elvis possibly directed him to us and also educated him on who the 'One Team in Glasgow' is as he had only heard of the Unclean and the Unwashed. Elvis apparently did the job we might have thought a scout would do.

for all elvis may have his critics he seems to put in a good word about partick thistle, remember Lyle Taylor saying one of the reasons he joined us in January was because Presley had said good things about the club and our style of play and it looks like Presley has possibly put in a good word to Danny as well

Maybe Archie spoke to Pressley and said, keep us posted on his progress. If it doesn't work out, we'd like to take him.

Absolutely. All those trips down to Yeovil and/or Coventry must have been very tiring. Plus he in scouted Osman at Crewe so all that travelling, in addition to managing the team and scouting opponents, must have knackering.

Maybe Archie is one of those very special people that doesn't even have to go to games to form an opinion on players.

Oh dear. Some more people seem to be accusing the manager of telling lies now.... Archie doesn't say HE went up and down to Coventry . He said we kept tabs on the player. It's called having a network. It's what good managers do. Although I appreciate it doesn't fit with the idea that Archie doesn't have any contacts. I see the naysayers also seem to have missed an important piece of information in Archie's comments about our league cup draw. A clue to our next signing?

I hope we weren't scouting anyone from them, they are dross. I see Bachirou is away to Sweden aswell, he was decent when we played them in the first division. Morton were playing Berwick in the cup the week before so I assume he was just there as it was the closest game.

You seem to be implying Archie is a liar by this post. Quite an incredible statement and one that shows, yet again, how much of a clown you are.

Sarcasm doesn't really work on forums btw

• Like 2

for all elvis may have his critics he seems to put in a good word about partick thistle, remember Lyle Taylor saying one of the reasons he joined us in January was because Presley had said good things about the club and our style of play and it looks like Presley has possibly put in a good word to Danny as well

I know a lot of jags fans have no time for Pressley, but he has always been very appreciative of the way we play and hasn't been slow in saying so and he has also pointed Taylor and Seaborne in the direction of Firhill. Also quite voiceiferous in his opinion of Rangers when they went bust. I have plenty of time for the big fella! Good also to see in the papers this morning that big Isaac had nothing but good things to say about the club and that was another reason why Danny signed

• Like 1

How about a song for the new player? Given his surname, it has to have a nautical theme. The following is not very imaginative, but is easy to learn and sing. I am sure that it could be improved.

He is sailing

He is sailing

Danny Seaborne

Number Three

He is sailing

Danny Seaborne

At the back

For PTFC

Edited by partickthedog
  • Like 1

When we signed Mair in January, the manager was quoted as saying he was delighted to get him as he'd tried on various occasions to get him in last Summer transfer window so doubt he was a stop gap!

I heard this morning that Mair's Herbalife business has become really busy. Maybe he just felt he wanted to concentrate on that?

I heard this morning that Mair's Herbalife business has become really busy. Maybe he just felt he wanted to concentrate on that?

He wanted to concentrate on that, and other avenues away from actually playing.

Would Archie have offered him another year? i don't know.

Does that suggest he was a "stop gap"? i don't think so, the term "stop gap" i would actually suggest is almost disrespectful to the player, what he helped us achieve and what he brought to the club.