Stewarding Today

Thought the stewarding today at Dundee was absolutely spot on. Turnstiles were operate efficiently and quickly, and I had a good chat with a steward outside who was telling me we sold only 50 tickets in the general sale and they were surprised by our travelling number...they probably shouldn't have been surprised but they dealt with it well. In the ground they allowed standing etc which again was the right decision.

Probably the best bit was the way they handled the situation with one "supporter" in particular. Some of the things coming out this mans mouth were disgustingly offensive...particularly the reference to down syndrome children and woman being raped in Dundee. He sang anything that came into his warped mind (alone in the main) and people were shouting at him/muttering about him being a disgrace. Anyway, after giving a female steward pelters and abusing another steward he went at half time. Well done to Dundee.

• Like 3

Thought the stewarding today at Dundee was absolutely spot on. Turnstiles were operate efficiently and quickly, and I had a good chat with a steward outside who was telling me we sold only 50 tickets in the general sale and they were surprised by our travelling number...they probably shouldn't have been surprised but they dealt with it well. In the ground they allowed standing etc which again was the right decision.

Probably the best bit was the way they handled the situation with one "supporter" in particular. Some of the things coming out this mans mouth were disgustingly offensive...particularly the reference to down syndrome children and woman being raped in Dundee. He sang anything that came into his warped mind (alone in the main) and people were shouting at him/muttering about him being a disgrace. Anyway, after giving a female steward pelters and abusing another steward he went at half time. Well done to Dundee.

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

bang on on all your thoughts mr ayton.

français la prochaine fois si vous s'il vous plaît

Who were those idiots? Do they go every week?

It was one guy in particular and yes he goes every week. Stands in North Stand. The things he was saying give our club a bad reputation and wll only contribute to more heavy handed stewarding in future games if other clubs get wind.

So, is this the same guy, who was thrown out at the Sunderland friendly? Seems so, going by the PnB description.

Wasn't at that game but I sure you now who I mean. As the Arch says, hairy, attends with same friend each week, sings Hello Hello a lot...

Edited by stuartaytonspeaksfrench

I thought the stewards were pretty good on the whole. I spoke to one outside the ground and he was taking about how well we beat Dross County on Wednesday and once inside, the two beside where I was sitting were more often than not laughing at most of our songs. I've certainly seen worse.

Anyone know how many travelling fans we had?

Did anyone else spot the steward giving the bird to the Thistle fans followed by chants of you'll be sacked in the morning? What was the issue?

He was aiming that at the guy that looked like catweasel and his mate with the turned around baseball cap.The abuse they were giving the steward was out of order totally for nothing .The steward in question gave us the thumbs up when we scored they guys were lucky the stewards werent the ones who were there the last time we were there.
  • Like 2

Also great credit to Hundee for replacing the entire squad of old security stewards at such short notice after they all phoned in sick at 2.30pm.

was it not the case it was heavy handed stuff by Tayside's polis rather than stewards that was the problem in the past?