Firhill Developments

Hankey

The difference is alimentary, Shareholders are part of a grand union of financial investors with voting rights. Stakeholders don't necessarily have voting rights. When decisions don't go their way they just have to Crinan bear it.

FFS, LOL...I see wot you done there my lady. Still there a day later, I once again salute your indefatigability, your courage and your persistence.

• 1 month later...

Was anyone aware of this and did anyone attend:

http://www.northkelv...m-public-event/

I remember the days I would have been quite angry with the board of my club for not publishing notice of an event, being held at the stadium, about the redevelopment of our stadium.

Not even contacting the supporters federation about it.

Now, I just let their contempt for us pass me by, we are an irrelevance.

• Like 1

I remember the days I would have been quite angry with the board of my club for not publishing notice of an event, being held at the stadium, about the redevelopment of our stadium.

Not even contacting the supporters federation about it.

Now, I just let their contempt for us pass me by, we are an irrelevance.

Utterly ridiculous.

Neither, that the club did not see fit to inform the fans of the event. The fact that you, & no doubt others, no longer get frustrated is probably a bonus to the club right enough.

Yeah, probably just an oversight on their part?

I mean, they would want the fans to know about these sort of things, wouldn't they?

Your second sentence says it all, really.

Edited by potty trained

Yeah, probably just an oversight on their part?

I mean, they would want the fans to know about these sort of things, wouldn't they?

Your second sentence says it all, really.

If challenged I'm sure they would say that the information was available for everyone to find for themselves. You kind of need to know there's information to find or expect to go looking for it.

If challenged I'm sure they would say that the information was available for everyone to find for themselves. You kind of need to know there's information to find or expect to go looking for it.

Exactly, why should the fans have to be hunting for information about our club?

We shouldn't need to, should we?

Edited by potty trained

"The architects of the proposed development at Firhill Stadium are holding a public event at the Alan Rough Lounge, Jackie Husband Stand, on Thursday 30th October 2014. The event will be an open meeting, with information on the proposed development available for viewing between 3pm and 7pm.

Further information may be obtained from ZM Architecture, 62 Albion Street, Glasgow G1 1NY on request. Tel 0141 572 7001. Persons wishing to make comments on the proposal should do so in writing by 6th November 2014 to ZM Architecture and not Glasgow City Council. Any comments made to the prospective applicant are NOT representations to the planning authority. When the planning application is subsequently submitted to Glasgow City Council, normal neighbour notification and publicity will be undertaken at that time and persons will have the opportunity to make formal representation regarding the proposal at that time."

Text from the page. Apparently at the planning stage. Not a lot of time before it goes back to the planning department? 6 November is when the architects stop taking comments.

"The architects of the proposed development at Firhill Stadium are holding a public event at the Alan Rough Lounge, Jackie Husband Stand, on Thursday 30th October 2014. The event will be an open meeting, with information on the proposed development available for viewing between 3pm and 7pm.

Further information may be obtained from ZM Architecture, 62 Albion Street, Glasgow G1 1NY on request. Tel 0141 572 7001. Persons wishing to make comments on the proposal should do so in writing by 6th November 2014 to ZM Architecture and not Glasgow City Council. Any comments made to the prospective applicant are NOT representations to the planning authority. When the planning application is subsequently submitted to Glasgow City Council, normal neighbour notification and publicity will be undertaken at that time and persons will have the opportunity to make formal representation regarding the proposal at that time."

Text from the page. Apparently at the planning stage. Not a lot of time before it goes back to the planning department? 6 November is when the architects stop taking comments.

Obviously any objection can't be raised until proposals have been submitted. Which they haven't been as yet.

Again for clarity this public/local event was proposed and hosted by the architects, not by the club or Firhill Developments. But it was hosted in our stadium with the subject matter being the development of our stadium.

Also worth noting that so far there doesn't seem to be a proposal for the main stand, only the city end?

I contacted the the Jags Trust and i thank them for their quick response...

It is worth noting that they were not communicated to by the Club and made aware of the date and time of this or any public meeting about the development of our stadium. I wonder if any other equal largest shareholder in the Club was communicated to.

At the PTFC Ltd AGM held 24/10/2014 at the Q&A someone asked about the unsightly South End and what was happenning. The table were were not explicit but said that they were restarting the planning submissions to Glasgow City Council.

official site 21st May 14

A key point which came out of the meeting on Friday was a strong feeling that a greater level of consultation with fans could have helped prevent the reaction experienced last week. With this in mind it was suggested that a meeting with supporters’ groups should happen at least once per quarter. As an inclusive club that looks to communicate as closely as possible with its fans we agree with this and can definitely see the merits of regular periods of consultation. With this in mind, a date for the next meeting will be communicated in due course based on the announcement of fixture dates for next season.

I'd prefer we move to a new multi purpose stadium. Firhill is done and even the Jackie Husband does that fit modern expectations.

Move to where?

I'm not adverse to the idea but as Norgethistle says, to where?

A purpose built stadium sharing with Glasgow Warriors would be ideal but with them now at Scotstoun & Glasgow City Council paying for the upkeep that ship well & truly sailed!

Not sure Firhill prime real estate location either with it being below the level of the canal.

I would be completely against us sharing with a rugby team again. We've all witnessed the negative effect it had on the pitch and our ability to play good football. No coincidence for me that our first season without them resulted in us winning the league whilst playing great football. Would have been extremely difficult for us to do had they still been there.

I would be very sad to leave Firhill and I wonder where we could actually move to. Can anyone name a newish stadium that's actually a good day out? Most of them are soulless breeze blocks sandwiched between retail parks and supermarkets with the nearest pub being an equally soulless weatherspoons.

In contrast, I know that a lot of away fans enjoy Firhill due to it's proximity to the city centre and the numerous hostelries that surround the ground. That's probably what's kept a lot of us going during the bad times as well if we're being honest.

• Like 7

We don't need to leave Firhill. I would accept developing the City End with a small stand left there (capacity 800ish) to make Propco their money back (Thistle-minded so guess they don't want a massive profit, albeit they deserve some level of return) and then a redevelopment of the Main Stand in the future, potentially developing the corners and making a further return for Propco. However if they vandalise our stadium (which I expect is what they're more likely to do) by making it utterly lopsided then I'd be much less tempted to attend it to watch matches - it ruins the atmosphere/experience.

We don't need to leave Firhill. I would accept developing the City End with a small stand left there (capacity 800ish) to make Propco their money back (Thistle-minded so guess they don't want a massive profit, albeit they deserve some level of return) and then a redevelopment of the Main Stand in the future, potentially developing the corners and making a further return for Propco. However if they vandalise our stadium (which I expect is what they're more likely to do) by making it utterly lopsided then I'd be much less tempted to attend it to watch matches - it ruins the atmosphere/experience.

I think the north stand is probably about 100 seats across and about 20 rows back... an 800 seater stand behind the goals (which it has been rumoured is part of the development) would probably go 8 rows back... and be totally engulfed by the JHS.

a similar depth new main stand and you are verging on the most ridiculous looking stadium in scotland.

Check out Crewe Alexandra's stadium, Gresty Road, to see what we could have...

http://www.worldstad..._alexandra1.jpg

• The Air Products Stand (formerly the Railtrack Stand before a change in sponsorship) – built prior to the 1999–2000 season at a cost of £5.2 million. It accommodates 6,809 spectators, together with the club's office accommodation.
  • The Mark Price Stand – also known as the Gresty Road End, accommodates 982 spectators and four disabled spectators.
  • The Wulvern Housing Stand – also known as the Railway End, accommodates 682 spectators.
  • The Whitby Morrison Ice Cream Vans Stand – formerly the Pop, originally the Popular Side, accommodates 1,680 away spectators.

Edited by potty trained

I think being in the premiership must have shown the board that we do need the Main Stand and that can't be reduced. When Hearts, Aberdeen, United, Celtic and maybe Rangers all have the potential of bringing a couple thousand away fans and they need accomodated and not in the JHS. If we want to keep the North then the Main must remain. Although got a feeling we will see ourselves housed in JHS with away fans getting new main stand and north stand. Being wrapped around two sides of the pitch, it will make firhill a great away day for the larger supported clubs.