Just In

thebiglemon

On the train back to the grey / granite city now...

Great game today....can't pick between Higgy, Lawless or Seaborne for MOM

Felt it was all going to sh@t when they scored against run run of play...but the guys dug it out ...against a team that gave been playing as well as Caley.

We are (the real) Thistle.

Was on the phone to my St Midden mate asking if we were meeting up as we usually do for Jags v Midden fixtures on Friday....said he might not make it this time!!!

Ryan needs to lose his lazy look. He certainly is not the player I was excited about following his signing due to his play/goals against us last year.

How can you have a player like that as captain? Lazy attitude which hopefully doesn't spread through the team. Chases nothing but a ball through on the keeper which is pointless. Great game by all else, thought big osman was my motm but higgy and bannigan were superb. Carroll had one player, Watkins to mark, and he gave him 15 yards Everytime. Please mark tighter.

Great result which was surprised instead of big player need to try harder. C'mon Ryan . Where are you???!!

Edited by kennymac29

How can you have a player like that as captain? Lazy attitude which hopefully doesn't spread through the team. Chases nothing but a ball through on the keeper which is pointless. Great game by all else, thought big osman was my motm but higgy and bannigan were superb. Carroll had one player, Watkins to mark, and he gave him 15 yards Everytime. Please mark tighter.

Great result which was surprised instead of big player need to try harder. C'mon Ryan . Where are you???!!

Not sure where Ryan Stevenson fits into our team , doesn't look as if he's got the fitness for a midfield player , didn't get close enough to Doolan up front to cause a threat , think if he's going to be a success the team would have to make him the focal point with players running off him but would we change our style of play for one player ? , one plus point today was he probably used his experience to stop Higgy who had already been booked from getting sent off by pulling him away from the centre half who had just went through him .

Just watched it on Alba, fair to say it was never a penalty! good build up to Lawless' goal coming from a Carroll thrown in, then a ball through from Steevo. Lawless still had a bit to do running into the boxing and beating his man. Higgy strike was even better on tv, the speed he hit it with was unreal, the baw was in the net before the keeper knew he had hit it!

Delighted with the result as i feel ict were the better team for a long period of that game. Fox didnt have much to do but in terms of possession and the amount of time spent in our half, i thought they were better than us.

Yogi has them playing like how i remember swansea played under brendan rogers, keeper thinks he's pirlo, spraying the ball all over the shop, playing 1-2's with the defenders, which when it comes off im sure will lead to the odd nicely worked goal (like todays) but they lose possession in some dangerous areas and its a high risk high reward tactic.

Dunno why foxy started, gallacher is the better more consistent keeper, i take it gall has went to archie and said he's chucking end of the season so fox needs to games this year?

Mcmillan played well enough, balatoni was ok, big seaborne was solid as a rock, always talking and organising, i'd give him the armband ahead of stevenson. It's already been said about carroll, looked decent enough in phases, but inside/outside him, he was vulnerable. Hopefully he can sharpen up and get some more positional awareness/discipline but i do see potential there.

Ossy and bannigan played well, big ozzy is solid as a rock.

Stevenson, rubbish, not showing the form that made me excited we'd signed him. Improved a bit in the 2nd half to be fair to him, but still waiting in the real stevo to turn up.

Lawless - took his goal lovely, and set up higgy well. Still far too easily dispossessed if you're asking me, in the box, he's a threat, his best work is done in the box finishing off moves or laying them on for others, but give him the ball on the half way line and you're normally looking at the move breaking down,

Higgy - i love higgy, been going since 92, and hes working his way into my all time favourites, i just love the guy.

Dools, didnt do much, woeful pen, but normally dools is reliable for us so he's allowed a mistake now and again.

Overall much needed win to give us a bit of daylight between county m st mirren, a win on friday night now would be fookin great!

Delighted with the result as i feel ict were the better team for a long period of that game. Fox didnt have much to do but in terms of possession and the amount of time spent in our half, i thought they were better than us.

Yogi has them playing like how i remember swansea played under brendan rogers, keeper thinks he's pirlo, spraying the ball all over the shop, playing 1-2's with the defenders, which when it comes off im sure will lead to the odd nicely worked goal (like todays) but they lose possession in some dangerous areas and its a high risk high reward tactic.

Dunno why foxy started, gallacher is the better more consistent keeper, i take it gall has went to archie and said he's chucking end of the season so fox needs to games this year?

Mcmillan played well enough, balatoni was ok, big seaborne was solid as a rock, always talking and organising, i'd give him the armband ahead of stevenson. It's already been said about carroll, looked decent enough in phases, but inside/outside him, he was vulnerable. Hopefully he can sharpen up and get some more positional awareness/discipline but i do see potential there.

Ossy and bannigan played well, big ozzy is solid as a rock.

Stevenson, rubbish, not showing the form that made me excited we'd signed him. Improved a bit in the 2nd half to be fair to him, but still waiting in the real stevo to turn up.

Lawless - took his goal lovely, and set up higgy well. Still far too easily dispossessed if you're asking me, in the box, he's a threat, his best work is done in the box finishing off moves or laying them on for others, but give him the ball on the half way line and you're normally looking at the move breaking down,

Higgy - i love higgy, been going since 92, and hes working his way into my all time favourites, i just love the guy.

Dools, didnt do much, woeful pen, but normally dools is reliable for us so he's allowed a mistake now and again.

Overall much needed win to give us a bit of daylight between county m st mirren, a win on friday night now would be fookin great!

This is the sort of post that rips the heart right out of me "Ozzy" where were you at a Black Sabbath tribute act performance?

Heard Gall had a knock which is why Fox was back in but... if so why was he on the bench- if you're a keeper you're either fit to play 90 minutes or you're not fit to play at all.

Not impressed by Carroll at all, their RB and RW had the freedom of Firhill. Other than that we were good, once we went 1-0 down. Higgy played like the tail end of last season, big Seaborne was dominant, and Lawless did more good things than bad. Stevenson seems to be the scapegoat but that was his best game.

Not sure where Ryan Stevenson fits into our team , doesn't look as if he's got the fitness for a midfield player , didn't get close enough to Doolan up front to cause a threat , think if he's going to be a success the team would have to make him the focal point with players running off him but would we change our style of play for one player ? , one plus point today was he probably used his experience to stop Higgy who had already been booked from getting sent off by pulling him away from the centre half who had just went through him .

Don't want to sound like I'm picking on one player but for all he helped higgy his petchulent punching the ball away in the first half was ridiculous. is that an example to other players? Needs to step it up effort wise big time, must try harder.

Edited by kennymac29

His goal was his 5th attempt to beat his man in the first half. None previously had come off.

Likewise in the second, Higgy's goal was the only time where he was 1 on 1 with a full back, and beat him.

• Like 1

No pal i was at the game, which is why funnily enough im posting in the just in thread my thoughts about the game.care to do the same instead of your waste of time comments?

Ok genius I got it but unless I am going back in time you are either well gone or just slow!!

Next time you want to fill us in on the performance if the team try and at least get the individuals correct otherwise smart arses that were also at the game or are in the correct year will pick you up.

Higgy played very well given we did not manage to get the ball to him enough. He looked in the mood from the off and his goal was right out the top drawer. Enjoy him while you can because he will not be here next season.

A privilege to see Higginbotham playing for PTFC - a fantastic signing. As many genius moments in 1 year at Firhill as some characters manage in their whole career.

• Like 4

A privilege to see Higginbotham playing for PTFC - a fantastic signing. As many genius moments in 1 year at Firhill as some characters manage in their whole career.

Couldn't agree more. So much natural talent, heart of a lion. Just a pleasure to watch.

If we stay up next year we've got to pull out all the stops. Just fookin give him the 2 gates from the rangers matches! (If they come up of course!) he really is that important to us.

Ok genius I got it but unless I am going back in time you are either well gone or just slow!!

Next time you want to fill us in on the performance if the team try and at least get the individuals correct otherwise smart arses that were also at the game or are in the correct year will pick you up.

have quite a few folk not nicknamed Osman 'Ozzy' on here? even though we did have an Ozzy last year! I've been calling him that aswell anyways.

MOM by a country mile was Higgy. Followed very closely by Jordan M. We need to keep hold of Higgy as long as possible. A true Thistle gem. Abdul was excellent and Stevenson was terrific too. There's some right eejits on here who have obviously never actually played football at any great level bumping their gums.

Shows how far we've come that we've just beaten the team top of the league, and most people are moaning.

Stevenson's link up play isn't great, but Hearts fans said as much. Hopefully he starts showing more of a goal threat.

he had an assist for Lawless' goal and he headered the ball onto Lawless who laid on for Higgy's goal. if that's bad link up play then I'll settle for that! he'll get a goal soon enough.

Can't see what Carroll has over our own Keenan kept getting drawn out of position, nevertheless Big Seabiscuit MOTM covers well and organises.

the wee Law Man gives us that bit extra knows how to win free kicks.

Bannigan's first shot at goal since McNamara left.

Teuchters played with two wide men and didn't know how to use them

Higgy lucky not to be sent off

Osman solid in the midfield brilliant heider

McMillan points every bit as good as Danny Lennon

Wee Jamesie boy nearly got a goal

Dools with a penalty fart

good day at the office.