Quarter Final

ThickAsThieves

Perhaps there is reason for the Dools & Eccy switch, there may even be a good reason for playing Stevo as a striker.

It's the Stevo signing that really pisses me off, £300,000 over 3 years for what exactly? There is an old thread when Stevo signed, just about everyone was happy and Archie was getting plenty of plaudits, fair enough.

Now it's fair comment to say Stevo is a dud, but woe betide anyone that dares to criticise the man who signed him.

At the time Mr Bunny made a post on that thread which is almost clairvoyant;

"It could simply be that he is a well informed kind of guy and realises he will be able to see his contract out with us and get all the wages/bonuses he is due - and we will still be around if he wants to take up that third year option."

Hindsight is a great thing, almost all of us thought he was a great signing, so we're in the same boat as Archie including all the experts who think they can pick a better team

On the basis of what, exactly?

That was a stick-on red - dearie me..........

Quite surprised if we do appeal. I think Banzo did get a lot of the ball though. If you watch the Celtic striker he rolls about clutching both his shins quite high up which was no were near were the contact was .That made me think he made a total meal of it.Maybe they'll show a bit of pity too after the **** up at Tannadice

Quite surprised if we do appeal. I think Banzo did get a lot of the ball though. If you watch the Celtic striker he rolls about clutching both his shins quite high up which was no were near were the contact was .That made me think he made a total meal of it.Maybe they'll show a bit of pity too after the **** up at Tannadice

Watched it several times and still convinced it's not even a foul. Hope the appeal is successful but I doubt it. Celtic striker totally play acting, just like he fell over for the free kick at the first goal. The ref is well away and definitely reacts to the Celtic players

• Like 1

Just about getting over it now. A 6-nil pumpin's not pleasant. No more painful or embarrassing when dealt out by old firm p.f.c.(pseudo football club) but, for me it delivers a deeper depression. Adds fuel to patronising common beleif that our league is little more than a training session for the fat two's tilt at euro-glory and delusional theory that us "diddy clubs" ought to be grateful for their largesse in sticking around.... F.T.O.F.!!!!

We can't kid ourselves though, The Non-football Feud Corporation have dominated for decades and monoploised for a century. Despite their current scarcity at tribal H.Q.s, the absentees still enjoying their jelly and ice cream or splendid isolation perhaps, it's not mere thousands but millions, world-wide, who still perpetuate the myth that sporting excellence dictates their notoriety. The two headed monster, despite one face being malkied, persists in it's arrogant self alluring dance for the easily amused, uncomplicatedly impressed, parochially obsessed and low rate sychophants, and tucks the tips in it's pants.

Anyhoo.... Sad as all that is, they can and often do put out a good team. The incumbent performers, and the team we faced, present an impressive resume. A goalie who once commanded a fee of £9million and maintains national duties. A captain, with 40 national caps and since early last year as captain. A world cup veteran left back and a Swede with over 40caps at right back. A £2million Norwegian international capped midfielder. A central defender and a 63rdminute sub who cost them a total of over £4.5million. Two guys on loan from the current English billionare champs, one of which (the one who scored a hatrick against us with 2 sublime stirkes from dodgy free kicks and a penalty) is a legend at Feyenoord for scoring 20 goals in 23 appearances, including 3 hatricks in 3 consecutive home games, one of which lead the club to their first win over Ajax in 6 years.....no mugs.

This season they have already put 6 past dungdee u-sh1ted, 5 past toss bounty, 3 past a resurgent jam tarts and are unbeaten in their last 3 games in europe.

I still think we can beat them though. Seriously. We started the game understrength, 3 influential players still returning from injury. We were lucky to escape Stokes' free header. They had the best of it but we weren't looking totally out of our depth and were creating chances. Craigen and Eccleston both had shots they should've hit with more conviction. Half an hour in and Osman plays the ball, Guidetti stumbles and, in fairness to him, I think tries to play on. If O'Donnel isn't chasing back, the ref wouldn't have blown for the foul. Maybe Fox could've done better, but it would have been an exceptional effort to stop a free kick like that.

We held out till half time. Banningan's sending off was a heavy blow. Going down to 10 men at the graveyards is tough for just about any team. Any "Stattoes" out there who can tell me the last team to win with 10 men at porkheid? "Sometimes it's harder to play against 10" .... P!SH!!! ... The tackle itself is daft. No need to dive in. I hope it's just over exuberance, youthful fervor to get involved, I really don't see any malice in it. He's tracking back, an opportunity appears and he jumps at it. However, Stuarty's got to learn quickly now that patience for excuses is running out. Don't lose the ability to act quick, but 4 fugs ache, think quick too.

My tuppence worth of strategy is that at half time we ought to have figured out at 1 goal and 1 man down our best hope was probably penalties. Never give up, but give yourself a calculated fighting chance. I'd have put Frans on for Craigen and Stevenson on for Elliot or Ecc'. Asked Frans to try and play sweeper and Stevo to try and engage a bit of his Hearts-last-year atitude. Hope for a breakaway leveler and whatever we do don't concede.

However, I ain't the king (who said thank f**K?) and we lost a silly goal within minutes of the restart. Heads dropped and that horrible feeling of inevitability crept in.

All in all, as disappointed with the early leaving fans as the team. I'd never tell you what to do, but lead from example counts for all. SUPPORT this team. They need it and deserve it. Way I see it... 0-6 ... spawny old firm c**ts and a duff ref... F**kin mugged again.... over it now.

Bring on the Accies, we can beat them too.

:fan:

• Like 3

Exactly, if the appeal works then great. If it doesn't, then when Banzo does have to sit out Fraser and Welsh should be back. A smart move by the club.

The appeal means that Bannigan is now available for Saturday. That's the reason the club appealed it.

I tend to agree that that's the reason as there have been other red cards that have been more worthy of an appeal than this. Referees very rarely change their mind unless there's been a clear & obvious mistake. I think the decision will remain but is a smart move to 'use' the rules.

Forgot Hamilton playing on AstroTurf then with the international break after St Mirren next week, Fraser, Welsh & Higgy all have extra recovery time if they do play any/ all then.

Haven't heard anything but reading the preview I'd be surprised if Higgy started today which probably means unless Elliot/O'Donnell injured can only see Frans & Doollan replacing Balatoni & Ecclestone.

Apart from holding our own with eleven men and creating one or two chances, when Bannigan was red-carded we fell apart. I felt we lacked leadership and a collective will to get stuck in. Was it a straight red? Probably, and in time honoured fashion, the Celtic players ensured that there was only one decision.

Walking down London Road with my son after the game I had the pleasure of meeting up with a Jags fan from Belfast (like me he thought we were in with a chance!). Poor guy had forked out over £300 to come over to watch that capitulation. We really need to get some fight about the team, find a leader (there should be many leaders but who / where are they?) and bounce back on Saturday.

Yes, I'm the same walloper who said we were a few players away from being a great team! Sort the above out and who knows... Gutted but still optimistic (must be the drugs)!!

I the guy that was walking down the road with you and your boy, To compound my misery, my flight the next day was delayed and then missed the train, so it felt as though it was a 2 day hammering i took instead of 45 minutes. I say 45 minutes cause like some on here i thought 11v11 we were more than holding our own.

At the time i didn't think it was a sending off, but having watched the video its a daft challenge and one he doesn't need to make. The hardest thing i have to do now is persuade the wife that this was £300 well spent and try and get over before the end of the season

On a plus note Meister Jag- the giants beat the clan 4-1 last night.

If we're unable to risk certain players on an artificial surface, this is surely a strong argument that the surface should not be used in Scotland's highest professional league.

It's either a safe surface for every player or it isn't. If it isn't, clubs shouldn't be permitted to use it.

Where's the fairness if we can't play our best team because of the surface?

Great news for fans of stabbings, alcohol-fueled beatings and domestic abuse!

Great news for fans of Chic Young orgasming live on radio!

Bad news for the police force, accident & emergency staff and everyone remotely normal in Glasgow.

The Old Firm game is on, and that will be a good weekend to get the hell out of Glasgow.

• Like 1

Great news for fans of stabbings, alcohol-fueled beatings and domestic abuse!

Great news for fans of Chic Young orgasming live on radio!

Bad news for the police force, accident & emergency staff and everyone remotely normal in Glasgow.

The Old Firm game is on, and that will be a good weekend to get the hell out of Glasgow.

WTF is this about??

you'll be all right Barney boy - you're out of town already!

on a side note relating to the sellik game - my amateur team yesterday (in the scottish cup against a team from Dungdee) went down to 10 men and ended the first half 4-1 down and potentially on the end of the second pure pumping of the week - cue stern half time talk about working hard/picking up jerseys/not defending too deep - game ended 4-4 - shme the lads couldn't have done likewise on Wednesday night

post='205383']

When your team ships 5 [/size]goals in 20 minutes, I don't think you can be criticised for leaving early. I didn't, but I have no criticism of those who did. Second half was as much a shambles as the first half was a decent effort. Hoping for better today.

How is it possible to criticise anyone for leaving early, when the team you're there to support left at half time?

Edited by sabbath
  • Like 1