Stevenson

ian_mac

There was general enthusiasm here at the signing of stevenson.....I had never really seen him so couldn't comment other than to wish him well.....he has however been a disappointment up until now with all the points others have made

The ball here is at Archie's feet he tried to sign him last January then got him in the summer, played him up front ( bizarre) and he looks unfit and as mobile as an oil tanker plus he is expensive ( ok delete this last bit nothing is ever the mgt teams fault!)

Is it part of his contract that he has to be captain as well. He spent more time sorting his armband v killie that doing much else.

he does that every game. sorts his armband more times than he touches the ball.

poor stevo, that armband must be so uncomfortable. it's either too tight, too loose, or too heavy ..... its clearly offputting for the poor guy, draining him of any talent or contribution to the team, that he has to channel and focus his energies making sure his armband is sitting just right for him.

he needs relieved of it, and given time to recuperate and get over the trauma of constantly fixing his armband, three months rest on the bench should be enough.

I see that Buaben has been fantastic for Hearts this season.

We should have kept him and not signed Stevenson.

like majority thought, the stevenson signing appeared to be a good one. strong, robust, experienced.

he has been anything but, and doesn't seem that his current standard and style of play suits us, nor does it seem that he has fitted into the ethos and spirit of the squad, and has actually had a regressive and detrimental affect on us.

bauben is playing in a lower league against poorer opposition, in a team that has carried on its togetherness spirit.

his replacement osman looks a better mutation of osborne/bauben.

still, appropriate change of avatar 'the cup' ..... one embarrassing bumbling fool who would be a better human being if they just kept their mouth shut.

The armband fair does its rounds. Stevenson, Gallacher, Doolan, Seabourne, Balatoni, Bannigan I'm sure have all had a shot of it this season/pre-season. And here's me thinking McMillan would make the best skipper :) .

Btw Young Stuart didn't get to wear the captain's armband against St Mirren as it was burst by the time it was bestowed on him. Nevertheless he did get the honour of carrying it around for a few minutes before ceremoniously chuckin' it in our goalmouth.

There was general enthusiasm here at the signing of stevenson.....I had never really seen him so couldn't comment other than to wish him well.....he has however been a disappointment up until now with all the points others have made

The ball here is at Archie's feet he tried to sign him last January then got him in the summer, played him up front ( bizarre) and he looks unfit and as mobile as an oil tanker plus he is expensive ( ok delete this last bit nothing is ever the mgt teams fault!)

How expensive, exactly?

Again in the interests of balance.

Stevenson did well vs Ross County and Dundee imo. Might not be to everyone's taste but he did ok.

He has an assist for Lawless goal. And set up Lawless with a cute header, who then set up Higgy vs ICT

He was an injury doubt vs Killie and then because of circumstances(enforced changes) had to see the game out. The game needed changed and Eccleston for Stevenson would have resulted in us being pumped by more.

Can't hide my disappointment though. He hasn't done what i thought he would. He is undoubtedly a good footballer though. I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt and let him settle in.

Over the years I've watched Ian Cochrane, Iain "Topper" Thompson, Billy Paxton David McFarlane, Leigh Palin, Darren Brady, Dave the Ukranian and Jose Quitongo in the Partick Thistle midfield. It's clear from the comments on this thread that others haven't. Or if they have, they've forgotten what a "shocking" midfielder looks like.

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa
  • Like 1

he does that every game. sorts his armband more times than he touches the ball.

poor stevo, that armband must be so uncomfortable. it's either too tight, too loose, or too heavy ..... its clearly offputting for the poor guy, draining him of any talent or contribution to the team, that he has to channel and focus his energies making sure his armband is sitting just right for him.

he needs relieved of it, and given time to recuperate and get over the trauma of constantly fixing his armband, three months rest on the bench should be enough.

like majority thought, the stevenson signing appeared to be a good one. strong, robust, experienced.

he has been anything but, and doesn't seem that his current standard and style of play suits us, nor does it seem that he has fitted into the ethos and spirit of the squad, and has actually had a regressive and detrimental affect on us.

bauben is playing in a lower league against poorer opposition, in a team that has carried on its togetherness spirit.

his replacement osman looks a better mutation of osborne/bauben.

still, appropriate change of avatar 'the cup' ..... one embarrassing bumbling fool who would be a better human being if they just kept their mouth shut.

That's your future PM.