Fredric Frans

The Cup

As he's been on trial for a while he must have impressed ....if he's as good as Seabourne I'll be happy

Agreed. He certainly looks an imposing player. If he does the business and Richards Everton is as good as the club thinks then we will be well off in the central defender area. As much as Conrad has received a fair bit of criticism this season he ain't don't much wrong when paired with Danny

Edited by Lindau

Cheers. Strange that not a hint has appeared elsewhere. We tend to be quiet these days about signings until it's practically a done deal so I'd guess "before signing" really means" before we discuss a possible contract".

Certainly couldn't complain if it worked out as he seems to have decent background and I've said a few time we need cover in defence. Wonder if he can play another position (e.g. full back).

It's strange that we are only signing him until January when he won't be match fit.

Maybe he only wants to use us as a way to get match fit and he will look for richer club in January, or we can only afford his wages until January, or Archie doesn't think he is worth a longer deal.

• Like 1

It's strange that we are only signing him until January when he won't be match fit.

Maybe he only wants to use us as a way to get match fit and he will look for richer club in January, or we can only afford his wages until January, or Archie doesn't think he is worth a longer deal.

Or we have a centre half coming back from loan in January.

Or there is an option to extend in January!

Oh the worry!

• Like 1

Confirmed on official site.

Not sure what Archie's playing at. Strengthening the weaker areas. Bizarre strategy.

Not sure why the weaker areas being only addressed only now - three months after the start of the season. Bizarre comment.

You'll be telling us next that Frans and Richards-Everton were targets identified a few months ago. Then you'll claim that Stevenson is natural centre-forward with a better goal-scoring record than Doolan.

Edited by kni
  • Like 1

No. I'll just point out that it fits with Archie's overall plan. Young, something to prove and better than what we have : Muirhead. I'll also point out that John Viola's company is involved. So that would suggest some sort of scouting network in place. I'll also point out he was on a ten day trial. So no panic signing either.

What next? More free agents? AND signings in January? It's like the season runs until May or something.

No. I'll just point out that it fits with Archie's overall plan. Young, something to prove and better than what we have : Muirhead. I'll also point out that John Viola's company is involved. So that would suggest some sort of scouting network in place. I'll also point out he was on a ten day trial. So no panic signing either.

What next? More free agents? AND signings in January? It's like the season runs until May or something.

So an agent (John Viola) is involved. How does that prove that we have a scouting network in place? Or has Viola just offered us his client on a cheap, short-term deal so that richer clubs can scout him and offer him better wages in January?

Btw, how many days on trial did Carroll and Eccleston have? Which part of out scouting network found them?

Edited by kni

You really are a wit....Mmm maybe I missed a vital word out before wit. If he is better than we have got and he has impressed the management team so much why have we only given him a two and a half month contract?? Not saying he won't be a good signing and let's face it we have been crying out for a commanding guy that size at the back for years, but the length of contract puzzles me and as some others have said, is he here to get himself fit for someone else. Time will tell.