Bugle Call V St Mirren

pink panther

"It was Thistle's third substitution, though, which paid off immediately in the 75th minute. Declan McDaid had just come on for Lawless and his first run down the right wing ended with a cross low cross into the Saints box. As the ball was played out to Elliot at the edge of the box he seemed to stumble before sending a low shot skimming under Kello's body for the all-important winning goal."

Nice to see McDaid doing well.

First half was abysmal from both teams. Our starting eleven and tactics were wrong.Welsh is nowhere near a starting position and for the zillionth time Stevenson is not a lone striker. He was mince up front but I wouldn't fault his effort today ,he just doesnt seem to have much to offer in the position.The difference with dools up there was night and day. We seemed to only look for a punt over the top to our wide men in the first, shocking to watch. One of the worst 45 mins you'll see this season

Archie got it right at half in a change of tactics and Welsh off and we looked the part. Great to see young McDaid making the telling contribution for the goal ,too, could be a good little player. Frans and Dan look strong in the middle and the fullbacks after the break were excellent.SOD had a brilliant piece of skill in the corner to get a cross in.Foxy's had a couple of Foxy moments but his handling was good in grim conditions.If you forget the first half it was a very good day albeit against a poor team who almost grabbed a point against us late on yet again when they hit the bar late

St Mirren were sh1te and I can see TC being gone before Christmas.

Gary Fraser turned that game. Was saying to my Dad how the entire team looked off colour in first half (I'd except Frans). Even looked dodgy for first minute of the second half. But as soon as Fraser got a sniff he took responsibility, took control, and made our first chance. After that the confidence spread through the whole team and every player looked instantly better.

Thought Christie and SOD were pretty good in the second half, and FF good throughout, but we'll play much better this season and lose.

• Like 1

Take it you're still standing by your "Archie our, he's clueless" line, then?

Sticking it in your back poke until the next time we lose/look like we might lose so you can wave it around once more?

Because it's not old at all.

Not ar all. I love the last 5 minutes of games. We're all Thistle and all entitled to a view